The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
KiaRose
Breadvan
Pal Joey
Rava
Ozzy3213
Biltong
irishlondon
PenfroPete
mickyt
Gibson
Portnoy
Mickado
greybeard
Cymroglan
TheGreyGhost
nottins
Glas a du
Mrs Penfro
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
prop_lyd
red_stag
Cari
The_Hound_of_Harrow
rodders
Adam D
Notch
Suspicious lurker
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Luckless Pedestrian
Thomond
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
36 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale RedWine Bubbly cider guinness appletini mug coffee cuppa

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t10923p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#353840

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

Wooo holiday to Penzance booked!! If anyone is about a week tomorrow as I travel down or even to bob to the Pirates vs Exeter match with me just let me know Yahoo
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:59 pm

I don't know what the pub's visibility has to do with anything.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:00 pm

There's a guy walking up and down our road who looks like Chef pushing this random thing and looking lost!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

Cheers Cari.

Prop, Penzance rocks my World. I'd love to go back ASAP.

Anyway, best read the Beeb etc about the Wales team. I might pop back en route to the old gym.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

England 374-3 now. Imminent collapse.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

Just settling in for a few hours of the USPGA, interesting field with tiger back playing, he's +4 for the day though.

They have monty doing pundit again, he's so flocking wooden can't stand him

Steve Stricter is winning at the minute by the way
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

Tipping one of Westwood, Rors or Scott for glory this week.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

Wooooooooooooo.

My bro came through and has got me a ticket for hospitality on Saturday. I don't care now that we are likely to lose (I went by ten on Sportguru).

Apparently Paul Tito and another Cardiff Blouse player are in our box too. Best not wear a Dragons top Wink

Hey there Boxy boy. Travelling around so fancy free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 6:54 pm

Oh yeah, just read the Western Fail. Interview with Stoddart in there (which I didn't read), because I felt bad enough seeing him there with a pot on his leg, so couldn't have read the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

Hello folks. I'm disappointed that rava has seen fit to depart the pub. As well as the occasional argument, that I don't want to get involved in, there's a lot of stuff posted in here recently that I don't join in on (i.e. not interested in the subject).

In rugby news, I'm not really surprised at England's team for Saturday. I thought Gatland might have given Tipuric and Ryan Jones a start in the back row for Wales though.

Any news on the France team?

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

Evenin' Hound. This is the France side, it was named yesterday;

France: 15 Damien Traille, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 David Marty, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Alexis Palisson, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Raphaël Lakafia, 7 Imanol Harinordoquy, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Romian Millo-Chluski, 4 Julien Pierre, 3 Luc Ducalcon, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 1 Sylvain Marconnet

Replacements: 16 Guilhem Guirado, 17 Jean-Baptiste Poux, 18 Lionel Nallet, 19 Julien Bonnaire, 20 Morgan Parra, 21 David Skrela, 22 Maxime Médard

I take it you've seen the Irish Line-up? Just go over to the international section and look for the thread where everyone is throwing rocks at each other. Smile

It may just be a warm-up but I can't wait for this match.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:09 pm

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Hello folks. I'm disappointed that rava has seen fit to depart the pub. As well as the occasional argument, that I don't want to get involved in, there's a lot of stuff posted in here recently that I don't join in on (i.e. not interested in the subject).

In rugby news, I'm not really surprised at England's team for Saturday. I thought Gatland might have given Tipuric and Ryan Jones a start in the back row for Wales though.

Any news on the France team?

I was only kidding when I gave you, Asbo and Kiwi some cheek yesterday. I won't retract anything I wrote about Huggy though Wink

So maybe my prediction of France winning isn't too bad. England by ten was a big call, but our scrum hasn't been strengthened from last week and they've got more behind their scrum this week. Pretty sure Tipuric will get at least twenty though. Just hope Toby has a better game this week. I'm sure he will.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

Cheers Notch thumbsup

That's a very good looking French team. I feel these games are more about final squad selection than trying to generate momentum. They are interesting enough in their own right though.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

Just watching the Germany v Brazil football game I recorded from last night. Only 13 minutes in but some really pleasing on the eye stuff being played so far.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:22 pm

Two classy teams aren't they Munster.

Anyway, off into the wilderness again till tomorrow. I have an exam first thing, so hopefully that'll go okay, then I have a Risca v Ebbw Vale pre-season friendly to watch tomorrow evening and obviously the hospitality on Saturday. Things are potentially looking good for the next few days. The only thing about the box on Sat is I can't play rugby myself now. Never mind, I can't turn that down really can I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:23 pm

Oh yeah, nice one Lucky on reminding me about Bale. I think he's the only one I had to withdraw. Can't check now anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

I actually remembered to do my Sportsguru picks this week. Probably way off though.

Well done on the hospitality Rev. Now make sure you get roaring drunk, eat everything they put out and throw up on Tito's shoes Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

Does anyone non-Irish think we can win in France at the weekend?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:28 pm

Really enjoying the golf so far, some mezmeric shots being played.

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

Rev, go flock yourself Ok!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Notch wrote:Does anyone non-Irish think we can win in France at the weekend?

Don't see why not Notch. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Who's doing well Hughie?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

Rory is in trouble, swung into a root of a tree and has injured his wrist, doesn't look great
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:42 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Who's doing well Hughie?

Steve Stricker, -7 in the clubhouse 4 shots clear of the field
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:15 pm

Notch, if there aren't too many scrums, where France look strong, it could be a close one. If your back row can effect turnover ball, be that 'live' or get penalties, then O'Gara needs his best kicking game. Put France back in their own half and/or get Earls looking for work off turnover ball. I like Earls; he runs at space. Simple concept!

It might be more difficult to hold up the French runners in the tackle than it was a naive England though. And France will also commit numbers to the breakdown. An interesting game in prospect for sure.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

Best of luck in the exam rev! Just did training and i hit every lineout...good times....think even my teamates were shocked at that! Now settling down for some good old rl.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

Nope Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

Rory in do do at the moment.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Nope Whistle

Typical!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Nope Whistle

Does anyone Irish think we can win in France at the weekend?.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

Thomond,

When you come in, Josh Charnley, the Wigan player, is actually a centre but like most young centres in League they start out on the wing. He looks very good and for only 19 is making big noises. He can also kick which is another string to his bow.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

Asbo and Rodders? Really? Us guys gonna tussle!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

I think we can definitely win. I think this France side is strong but not invincible.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

Ha ha only joking lads hold up on adding me to your foe lists! Of course we can do it! guinness ......

but hey remember it's just a friendly the result is not important, its the taking part that counts. Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 11 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

I thought we couldn't win, even wrote an article about it yesterday, but having seen both teams now, I'm less concerned now. A win just might be possible, and you know what https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

For a giggle!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYYUAib5EWo
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

No team is invincible, but (2009 GS aside) France are a 'monkey' that Ireland need to get off their back.

If Ireland can summon up the game they brought to the field against England in the 6N then they will win. If Ireland could being that intensity to the whole occasion when they play NZ in Dublin you can take them too.

But Ireland only reserve the special stuff for England Whistle

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Yeah our record against France is awful. I just feel this is a great opportunity to catch them rusty and possibly with half an eye on New Zealand.

Of course, that analysis depends on us not having the exact same problems.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

In Ireland's case there's a problem with some teams I feel. All I can say is that there is an expectation that England can win every game we play.

Just an opinion.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:In Ireland's case there's a problem with some teams I feel. All I can say is that there is an expectation that England can win every game we play.

Just an opinion.

I feel the same way with us, to be honest. I know we haven't had the track record against France and New Zealand and so I understand the doubters but I believe the talent and the mentality is there to change it.

I really think we put some teams up on a pedestal which isn't necessary. France are experimenting a bit in this game and I think it's a great opportunity for us.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

I know soccer fans have a bad rep but read this article and American Football supporters put them to shame.

Warning, not for the faint hearted-

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/8/10/2356645/giants-fans-attack-steve-smith-on-facebook

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

Munsty: that is disgusting!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

It's really unpleasant. It's not nice when a player leaves you for your rivals but it's not acceptable to make remarks like that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Munsty: that is disgusting!!

Doesn't even come close to describing it.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

Let's hope the guy manages to ignore it somehow.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

I hope so. Nobody should have to go through that just because he moves team.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

I wonder how many of those "internet heros" would say it to his face ?

Last edited by nottins on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

Never put any team on a pedestal, otherwise you're behind the game before you've kicked off.

With NZ, clatter them from the off; let them know that they are not going to have it all their own way. I've been quite pleased with the way England have tried to play against them in recent years, despite the defeats. Our execution has let us down, but they sure as hell don't like teams running at them and keeping the ball alive in contact.

Quins attitude at Thomond Park in the Amlin semi was a good example of what I mean. A different level to a test, but that's how I feel Ireland should play against France. England always make sure that the French have to make plenty of tackles early on. thumbsup

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next