The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread

5 posters

Go down

Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread Empty Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread

Post by Adam D Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

I thought I would start a thread about the Superman films ahead of the "Man of Steele" being released.

As a starter for the discussion, I thought I would post a picture of all of the actors to play him so far (On TV and Film). Let us know what you think and also which is your favorite film of the series.

Kirk Alyn 1948-50
Spoiler:
George Reeves 1952-58
Spoiler:
Christopher Reeves 1978 - 87
Spoiler:
Dean Cain - 1993 - 97
Spoiler:
Tom Welling 2001 - 11
Spoiler:
Nicholas Cage (from the unmade Tim Burton film)
Spoiler:
Brandon Routh 2006
Spoiler:
Henry Cavill 2013
Spoiler:

How stoned does Nic Cage look! And the new guy looks the most convincing yet. Over to you on your thoughts on the Man of Steel......

Last edited by Hobo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread Empty Re: Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread

Post by President Trump Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 am

The last four pics are the same H Whistle

Also I cant stand Superman, I have just never clicked with the character, poor enemies, poor stories, just poor all round Imho

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread Empty Re: Kneel before Zod - the Superman thread

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

Henry Cavill is a funny one, he missed out on all the major parts before bagging Superman. I think he missed out on the Twlight films, James Bond, Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, Superman once before. He'll be delighted to finally get a big one.

I agree with Dicey though, never really liked Superman, much prefer Batman and then even Spiderman.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 am

I have updated with the right pictures now - check out nic Cage!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 am

Lol out of his bin

The new suit looks like the new Spiderman one (Same material effect)

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:56 pm

OMG!

Nicholas Cage! laughing

The great Christopher Reeves is the best of the lot IMO. I think he got the balance of detachment and genuinely caring for humanity spot on.

Dean Cain's portrayal, he always seemed more interested in getting into Lois' knickers. Brandon Routh was okay but seemed a bit too detached.

Tom Welling I think comes closest to Reeves' portrayal, but obviously has the usual teen / young adult relationship issues going on as well. That said, I'm a big fan of Smallville.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Man of Steel is going to be epic.

Christopher Reeve was by far the best Superman, no contest at all. He was Superman!! Dean Cain was horrendous, an insult to the character. Tom Welling was great as Clark Kent, but like dyrewolfe I am a big fan of Smallville. Brandon Routh was good but not great, to me he was kind of the appropriate guy at the wrong time.

My favourite film of the series is Superman 2 as I think this is the best one, Terence Stamp is awesome as Zod. I do have a soft spot for Superman 3.

Has everyone seen the Richard Donner Cut of Superman 2?? Its quality
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down