The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Hotspur's midfield

4 posters

Go down

Tottenham Hotspur's midfield Empty Tottenham Hotspur's midfield

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Rumours flying about this evening of a deal that would see Diarra move to Spurs, and Palacios is being shipped out as well. Do people agree that Tottenham have one of, if not the, strongest midfields in the division?
Code:
        Huddlestone    Diarra
VDV              Modric          Bale

Is quite frankly scary to defend against. It's not just a strong starting midfield, take in to account the likes of Sandro, Kranjcar, Lennon and Pienaar, who add great depth. If 'Arry gets a prolific striker infront of these guys then I'd say they stand a brilliant chance of crashing in to the top four.

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspur's midfield Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur's midfield

Post by Crimey Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

It is a very good midfield, a big question that has to be asked is how long can it last without Champions League football, Modric will probably be off, I have a feeling VDV wouldn't stick around if a bigger club came calling, and I even think Bale would go should a club go for it. I think they NEED to get into the top four otherwise they could risk losing their best players.

They have a good chance this year though, I think Arsenal will struggle this year and for me it's between Spurs and us to get that open spot.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

i see spurs lining up like

--------------- sandro ------- huddlestone (if don't get diarra)

-------- lennon --------- ------ vdv ----------- bale

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

Lennon Sandro Modric Bale
Van Der Vaart.

That is Spurs current midfield when all fit, Sandro is much better than Huddlestone in my opinion, and I think Harry prefers him too.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pugilist Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Spur's midfield is what carried them last season. In my opinion their defence is lacking, their attack is missing a real leader and Gomez might as well have not turned up to some games. It's this mix of a mediocre team, with a fantastic (and yes, possibly the strongest in the league) midfield, which makes them so entertaining to watch though. Spurs rarely have a game that isn't brilliant end to end play. It's a pitty Spurs haven't bought more this transfer window - because if they managed to make a few signings to plug the holes - they could be a solid team. As it is, I predict a 6th place finish this year for them.
The Pugilist
The Pugilist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

I think Friedel is an excellent signing and I think he'll push Gomes out of the side, Friedel is a consistently decent keeper and will save them a few points this year.

I think Spurs biggest problem this year is the Europa League slowing down their league progress.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:44 pm

I think with Assou-Ekotto playing well, and Walker hopefully getting more chances then Spurs just need some consistency with their centre backs. If they had a season where Dawson didn't get injured then he could form a solid partnership with Bassong.

One great striker and I'd put money on them breaking into the top four.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pugilist Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

If Spurs don't make Friedel their number one choice, they'd be stupid. Friedel is a decent keeper - a great coup for them. A definite step up from Gomes.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Berbatov making a return at some point. With that midfield, Berbatov could work wonders. Defoe on form, and injury free is capable of being the striker they need. But, they need more options - especially with Europa taking time and energy away from their main focus of the league.
The Pugilist
The Pugilist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down