The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday

+17
Luckless Pedestrian
bedfordwelsh
tomathy
sad_gimp
flyhalffactory
robbo277
nottins
maestegmafia
CurlyOsp
manofgwent
glamorganalun
Taffineastbourne
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
BigTrevsbigmac
Cymroglan
redrugbyexile
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday - Page 2 Empty English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday

Post by redrugbyexile Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

A simple question is what tactics are both teams going to employ on saturday. Will England keep it tight, will they opt for a kicking/line out game to gain territory , will they smash it up the middle or will they look for the big boys to go wide.

On the otherhand, will Wales be looking to play a ball in hand fast game or will they be looking to play a structured game and kick the points. Will Jamie Roberts be banging it up the middle as usual or will both the wings be given a license to roam.

In esscence what tactics will your respective teams require to put the other team away.

redrugbyexile

Back to top Go down

English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday

Post by TheGreyGhost Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

I'm not sure they didn't commit enough forwards. I just think the ones who were there didn't do a good enough job, and were a little slow to arrive.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: English & Welsh Tactics On Saturday

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

robbo277 wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:Ruby, England certainly got caught out against Ireland by not commiting enough forwards to the breakdown. The problem is that we got caught out doing exactly the same thing against France!

Does it count as getting caught out against France if we still came away with the win? Hopefully having it so ruthlessly exposed by Ireland has drawn attention to it and it is something we've worked on.

Robbo, when I said 'we' got caught out against France, I meant Wales. I'm a Taff, look you! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

Oh ok. I got confused, because I don't think we committed enough to the breakdown against France, but just about got away with it. No offence meant! Hug

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

None taken! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

Regardless of what MJ says or how England would like to play, I get the feeling that Wales will be pretty strong defensively and JW will kick to the corners once, Bennett will make a total hash of the line out and it will be only sensible for JW to keep kicking to the corners all game and let Bennett lose the game for us - And also wait for him to give away penalty after penalty (as well as a few others) and it'll be easy for JW to keep the score board ticking over.

It's prob not how they want to play but it's sensible and will work and will win them the game (probably)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2