The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 most underrated premier league footballers

+15
Small Time
Nay
Sugar Floyd Louis
az1988
Kay Fabe
Mat
Crimey
d260005p
jro786
formerly known as Sam
super_realist
dancingweeman
Fernando
custart
Gregers
19 posters

Go down

10 most underrated premier league footballers Empty 10 most underrated premier league footballers

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

who are the 10 most underrated premier league footballers, here are mine let me know what u think...

Chris Samba

Ryan Taylor

Ryan Nelsen

Nigel De Jong

Sebastian Bassong

Lucas Leiva

Steve Harper

AAron Lennon

Gael Clichy

Michael Essien

Back to top Go down

10 most underrated premier league footballers Empty Re: 10 most underrated premier league footballers

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Wouldn't say Chris Samba, De Jong or Essien are under rated, and I'd say that at times Aaron Lennon has been over rated by a few people.

Lucas still gets a lot of stick for how Poopie he was before, but he was good for Liverpool last season. Bassong hasn't really had the chance at Spurs, he should just come back to Newcastle Very Happy

Back to top Go down

10 most underrated premier league footballers Empty Re: 10 most underrated premier league footballers

Post by Gregers Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

Clichy is overrated not underrated.

Most underrated:

Barton

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:10 pm

Aaron Lennon is your typical Premier League wideman. Pacy, tricky to defend against at times and poor delivery more often than not.

Steve Harper is half decent at best. If he was anything above ordinary he'd have left Newcastle a long time ago. I just look at him as a steady number two.

Michael Essien has never been underrated.

The one player who perhaps doesn't get the props he deserves is Vincent Kompany who was probably City's best player last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by custart Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Stuart Holden - played really well last season before his injury

Andy Johnson - off the radar due to injuries. Pacey, tricky to defend against

Jovanovic - wanted to see more of him, but it looks like he's leaving

Aaron Hughes - Experienced premiership player and is usually in the starting line-up

Bradley Hoilett - Some great performances towards the end of last season

Mignolet - Looks like he could be a great goalkeeper.

custart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

Adam Johnson at city is underated

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

Agree with Kompany, Hughes, Holden and Johnson.

I think Johnson only seems to be under rated by those at City, most people on here would agree he's looked a tidy winger capable of playing for a big club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:22 pm

i should have put adam johnson in my list

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

my list

Kompany
Lucas
Phil Neville
A.Hughes
Kevin Davies
Malouda
Zabaleta
Palacios
Rodallega
Karl Henry

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

I don't think Lucas can be classed as underrated when he won Liverpools player of the year last season.

Agree Adam Johnson & Kompany, also Stephen Fletcher.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:31 am

stephen fletcher isnt underrated he is just rubbish lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Another defender who I don't think gets enough credit is Robert Huth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

na i think huth aint that good tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 29 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

I've always thought Kim Kallstrom and Simon Kjaer have been severely under-rated by Premier League clubs. Very surprised none have ever come in for either of them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:12 am

Well the rumours were Kjaer was Premiership bound last season before a German club stepped in and offered him a tidy contract.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

what about Park of man utd? he is for me totally under-rated
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

jro786 wrote:what about Park of man utd? he is for me totally under-rated

Are you taking the pish? Everyone seems to rate him.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Churchill wrote:

Are you taking the pish? Everyone seems to rate him.

if everyone rates park then why hasn't fergie played him enough to trigger the ratings?

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

Trigger what ratings? Erm

And possibly because he preferred the likes of Nani, Giggs and Valencia out wide in the league because they gave opposition full backs a hard time. But SAF always seems to pick Park for the games against big teams, he wouldn't do that if he didn't rate him. Also every TV pundit seems to rate Park as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

Vincent Kompany for me. He is class. World apart from near enough any defender Man City have. Another one for me would be Matthew Etherington from Stoke and Ryan Shawcross. Maybe Distin and Gyan hit the list as well. Both brilliant when i have watched them but dont tend to get the accolades they deserve

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

1. Lucas Leiva

2. Glen Johnson

3. Vincent Kompany

4. Asamoah Gyan

5. Kevin Davies

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:35 pm

Etherington
Kompany
Distin
Kevin Davies
Mulumbu
Huth
Adam Johnson
Phil Neville
Aaron Hughes

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

I wouldn't say Park is underrated. He gets plenty of plaudits by both the media and fellow pro's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

Joey Barton
Adam Johnson
Matthew Ethrington
Stuart Holden
DJ Campbell
Dirk Kuyt
John O'Shea
Leon Osman
Zabaleta
Matt Jarvis

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

Gaffer, when you say Adam Johnson is underrated do you mean at his club or by the fans of football?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by az1988 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

Luke Young
Joey Barton
Darren Bent
Kompany

az1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

Michael Essien isn't really underrated. I would say DE JONG! was the best defensive midfielder last season by far. His tackes can be over the top sometimes but he is the best at being destructive.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

i think essien is by some people to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

also what about scotty parker Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:also what about scotty parker Smile

I think you were supposed to post that in the overrated thread...

He was voted Football Writer's Player of the Year and is constantly talked about as one of the best players in the Premier League last year, how can that possibly be underrated?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

I don't think Essien is underrated, i do think Mikel is though.

He just does his job no fuss, also Ji sung park

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

mikel is defo underrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:mikel is defo underrated

Doesn't pass the ball well, doesn't get forward at all, goes round kicking blokes all season.....there's not a lot of football in him TBH.

David Stockdale - Granted he only started a few games last season but looked like an excellent shot stopper and good under crosses.

Moussa Dembele - I thought he was excellent for the most part last season. Quick with the ball at his feet and made some lovely late runs into the box.

Roger Johnson - With all due respects to Wolves I'm amazed he didn't go to a top 7 team. Are we saying that he's not as good as Skirtle, Yaya Toure, Anyone Arsenal have got at centre back?

Here's a slightly contentious one, but as an under rated striker I'd have Fabio Borini. I know he didn't figure in the premiership last season as he was loaned out to Swansea City but he was absolute quality for them and Parma were quick to snap him up as soon as Chelsea made it clear they wanted no part. I don't think we've heard the last of him.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

You can add N'Zogbia to the list, £9.5m for a guy who terrorises EVERY defender he comes up against, a real bargain, especially when you compare his price to any other deals for wide men.

As for Park, clearly Fergie rates him as being one of his best ever players, just look at the matches he plays in and the ones he's rested for.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

Lucas, Leon Osman,

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by KDS128 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

I would Go with, in no particular order
Thomas Vermealen
Louis Suarez
David Silva
Tom Huddlestone
Lucas Leiva - Although Winning liverpools player of the year
Leighton Baines
Asamoah Gyan
Brede Hangleland
Darren Fletcher
Branislav Ivanovic

KDS128

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:07 pm

i wouldnt say gyan is underrated, he isnt particuarly great

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm

In no particular order:

1. Vincent Kompany
2. Joey Barton
3. Danny Sturridge
4. Sandro
5. Nigel De Jong
6. Charles N'Zogbia
7. Hugo Rogadella
8. Tchoyi (West Brom midfielder, can't think of his first name.)
9. Luiz Suarez
10. Robert Huth

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down