The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24

4 posters

Go down

What was the British athletics performance of the weekend?

Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_lcap63%Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_lcap0%Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_lcap25%Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_lcap12%Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_lcap0%Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Empty Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24

Post by East End Bodybuilder Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 am

Well what an incredible weekend of athletics it was, best weekend of 2011, no doubt! It seems almost crass to pick out only five performances but I'm going to do it anyway. So what was your absolute highlight???

East End Bodybuilder

Back to top Go down

Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Empty Re: Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24

Post by bigjonatkinson Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am

Got to be Mo, the guy looks invincible. I don't want to tempt fate but I would rate him as the joint most likely athlete from GB to win Gold in Daegu now (along with Jess Ennis and Idowu). He's gone from nearly man to more or less the top guy in two of the most competitive events. Amazing, I just hope he's not peaked too soon.

For GB in general, obviously the major marker of results is what happens in Daegu, but this is really shaping up to be a classic year for GB athletics, I can't remember a year with so many strong performances and national records and this feature over the weeks has really highlighted that.

bigjonatkinson

Back to top Go down

Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24 Empty Re: Performance of the Weekend July 22 - 24

Post by Izzymiyagh1 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 pm

You hurting me guys!!! Haven't put down a vote yet as I'm stuck between Williams and Farah...my natural tendency is to always go for the national record ahead another performance that isn't...but Williams - what an athelete; as we know, 22.94, running into a headwind of around -1.5 metres per second [ otherwise, another PB was on the card Smile ]; Farah...he's beginning to command respect like the Kenyans and Ethiopians have been doing for so long...he clearly could've gone faster...

As always, some great performances Very Happy

Izzymiyagh1

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Another difficult choice. Your vote depends largely on how you define best. I voted for Mo because his performance was truly at the highest level of world class, as well as record beating. Not to say the others didn't do brilliantly - of course they did.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down