The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora VS Fury weigh in...

+10
Imperial Ghosty
Il Gialloblu
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
Marlonz
compelling and rich
eddyfightfan
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
tunes666
14 posters

Go down

Chisora VS Fury weigh in... Empty Chisora VS Fury weigh in...

Post by tunes666 Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Dear me, both these guys look over weight, neither of them are athletes and how either of them expect to go any more than 4 or 5 rounds with the Klitschkos is beyond me..

There seems to be this feeling in the heavyweight division that you can be Fat ... in every other weight class %95 of the boxers look like dedicated athletes.. ok sometimes someone might not look as ripped as some due to the way there body is shaped.. so on..

But there is a reason that every well know champ and big name in boxing has been extremely fit and well toned...

David Haye, as irritating as I find him, he is is the only Heavy weight boxer to come out of the UK in recent years that actually focused on being a proper athlete. and I think David Price is trying..

I dont think it matters who wins this fight as both are barley European quality in my book.. and I think it will be slug out between them and who ever lands the big shots first will win... neither are special and if they are the best in the UK then we are in trouble IMO.

Audley would give them both a run for there money..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Chisora VS Fury weigh in... Empty Re: Chisora VS Fury weigh in...

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

George Foreman looked like a fat sack of rudey poo against Moorer. Heavyweights don't have to stay inside an upper limit. Sure the top guys are usually the ones who train and look the part, but the reason guys at lower weights look more ripped is because they have an upper weight limit. They go over that, they have to face bigger guys who are still ripped, and they get beaten.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:21 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:George Foreman looked like a fat sack of rudey poo against Moorer.
And got his bum kicked. Chisora doesn't have Foreman's punch.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm

at least turys weight is going down, chisoras is going up which is more worrying. audley has been named as a possible next opponent for the winner/loser depending on the wlad situation.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:George Foreman looked like a fat sack of rudey poo against Moorer.
And got his bum kicked. Chisora doesn't have Foreman's punch.

He still won.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm

to be fair to george he was a old man! added to that he had a long stint not fighting at all. these two are both young lads, im not small and in better shape than both and there professional athletes!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

compelling and rich wrote:to be fair to george he was a old man! added to that he had a long stint not fighting at all. these two are both young lads, im not small and in better shape than both and there professional athletes!!!

Yeah I know, I'm just being pedantic.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

I'm surprised Chisora has come in so heavy, even though he has never been in optimum condition up to now. 261 for a 6' 1" guy who has shown stamina problems in previous fights?? I get the feeling he put on the extra weight to even up the size differential but I also think he is banking on getting Fury out of there early. Otherwise if the fight goes past the 6th round, I'm struggling to see how he will last. Regardless of who wins tonight still a bad advert for the conditioning of British heavyweights.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

fully agree, what a shambles.
if anyone else showed the lack of determination and effort in their own jobs, they'd be sacked.

sure these guys train, but theres no dedication. we come in all shapes and sizes, but for the excess fat these guys carry, theres no excuse. it really annoys me.

surely they cant be so arrogant or lazy to realize without the fat they'd possess greater power (increased speed) and could perform to a higher standard for longer in their fights.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

Marlonz wrote:I'm surprised Chisora has come in so heavy, even though he has never been in optimum condition up to now. 261 for a 6' 1" guy who has shown stamina problems in previous fights?? I get the feeling he put on the extra weight to even up the size differential but I also think he is banking on getting Fury out of there early. Otherwise if the fight goes past the 6th round, I'm struggling to see how he will last. Regardless of who wins tonight still a bad advert for the conditioning of British heavyweights.

i agree but think chisora has gone about it in totally the wrong manner, furys a plodder with little work rate. he should have come in lighter and looked move and outwork fury to a points decision. fury showed in punching himself in the face that he's got a decent chin. mcdermott showed how to beat fury, and depsite being tubby himself it was mainly down to work rate

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

ive just seen the weigh in - i actually think fury is in decent shape (for fury).

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

I predicted Chisora UD but after seeing the weigh in I wish to change it to Fury LKO! Hes looks woefully out of condition

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:59 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I predicted Chisora UD but after seeing the weigh in I wish to change it to Fury LKO! Hes looks woefully out of condition

im thinking the same thing, against the rules in unions league though!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Marlonz wrote:I'm surprised Chisora has come in so heavy, even though he has never been in optimum condition up to now. 261 for a 6' 1" guy who has shown stamina problems in previous fights?? I get the feeling he put on the extra weight to even up the size differential but I also think he is banking on getting Fury out of there early. Otherwise if the fight goes past the 6th round, I'm struggling to see how he will last. Regardless of who wins tonight still a bad advert for the conditioning of British heavyweights.

i agree but think chisora has gone about it in totally the wrong manner, furys a plodder with little work rate. he should have come in lighter and looked move and outwork fury to a points decision. fury showed in punching himself in the face that he's got a decent chin. mcdermott showed how to beat fury, and depsite being tubby himself it was mainly down to work rate

That made me grin out loud.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

Fury doesn't look too bad for once, looks in far better shape than Chisora

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Funny how a guy's weight makes all the diffo to the odds..

Remember Spinks went out from 12/5 to about 10/1 after posting 215..

Douglas went from about 8/5 to 3/1 after posting 240 odd...

No doubt the odds have really come in now for this one.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny how a guy's weight makes all the diffo to the odds..

Remember Spinks went out from 12/5 to about 10/1 after posting 215..

Douglas went from about 8/5 to 3/1 after posting 240 odd...

No doubt the odds have really come in now for this one.
No it doesn't just been to William Hill and Ladbrokes there to get the best price, Chisora's 4/6, Fury 11/10, yesterday Chisora was 8/13, Fury 13/10, not much difference at all.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

Sorry YT - Truss is entirely correct.

Douglas was heavily fancied to beat Holyfield - especially after what he'd done to Tyson. As soon as he turned up so fat - there was shock in the weigh-in room and no-one of intelligence thought he'd do it.

However - we make too much of weight and shape in this country. Its what you can do that counts. If you can throw punches to win it doesn't matter if you've got 10 bellies.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

To be fair John McDermott always suprised me had a pretty good engine for a guy that looked like he would have a heart attack if he went past 4 rounds but he really pushed it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down