The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ????

+4
No name Bertie
PPVxHOTTY
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ???? Empty Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 May 2023, 1:37 pm

Great fight......But I thought Brook outboxed Spence and probably gets the decision if his eye didn't go......Crawford trickier than Brook...

I like Spence but I'm not convinced by him......A touch of the Rosario's about him where you think he is a very good all round fighter but not quite there....

I'm going Crawford by decision.....But hey a great fight....Tyson Fury take note.

TRUSSMAN66

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ???? Empty Re: Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ????

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 25 May 2023, 12:27 pm

I'll believe this fight's on when they're stood in opposing corners with the chief seconds climbing out the ropes and the timekeeper rings that first bell. Been here about twenty times before.

That said, if (massive if) it does actually happen, I've got Crawford stopping Spence late and finally getting that career-defining win, or at least something close to career-defining.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ???? Empty Re: Spence v Crawford July 29......Who you got ????

Post by PPVxHOTTY Tue 25 Jul 2023, 1:11 am

Spence wins a spilt decision here...he puts Crawford down a couple of times. Crawfords only chance is to get him out of there early, Spence will rough him up and work the body. Will be 8-4 to Spence but judges will score this a split decision

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 25 Jul 2023, 4:47 am

I think Crawford is like Mayweather and Ward - elusive, skillful, high ring IQ. Hence it seems to me that Crawford wins on points. What the judges decide could be another thing.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Spence wins a spilt decision here...he puts Crawford down a couple of times. Crawfords only chance is to get him out of there early, Spence will rough him up and work the body. Will be 8-4 to Spence but judges will score this a split decision

Thought Brook was outboxing Spence......Crawford too classy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2023, 5:12 am

Terence Crawford destroys Errol Spence Jr by 9th round TKO. Crawford dropped Spence in the 2nd and twice in the 7th.
Without question an absolute superstar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 30 Jul 2023, 8:52 am

There's no need for a rematch after that, Crawford dismantled him from start to finish, dominating almost every second of the fight. That was without doubt the performance of the decade so far and right up there with the best of the century.

I thought Crawford would win but not that easily, staggering display of punching.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 30 Jul 2023, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 (paraphrased) wrote: I thought Brook outboxed Spence and Crawford is trickier than Brook.   I am not convinced by Spence, I think he is a very good all round fighter but he is missing something ....

Looking back at the comments and predictions by past and present elite level professional boxers and trainers Antonio Tarver, Timothy Bradley and Keith Thurman were very articulate in comparing the two and all three going for Crawford.  They said that Spence was predictable, had one style of fighting and hadn't shown them any adaptability in the ring.  They said Crawford was levels above Spence in terms of variety, skill set, movement, ring IQ.   Bradley mentioned Kell Brook gave Crawford difficulties with his jab early in the fight when Crawford was fighting in the Orthodox position.  Crawford switched to southpaw and those difficulties just went away.   Thurman said Spence had never fought anyone like Crawford before.  

Others sat on the fence when giving a prediction but "leaning" towards Crawford.   Those that said Spence would win gave the same reason: too big and too strong.

Post fight Spence Jr said he couldn't get his timing right, he kept getting hit between punches.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2023, 11:17 am

Soul Requiem wrote:There's no need for a rematch after that, Crawford dismantled him from start to finish, dominating almost every second of the fight. That was without doubt the performance of the decade so far and right up there with the best of the century.

I thought Crawford would win but not that easily, staggering display of punching.
I don’t get boxing sometimes…
How on earth can the loser decide the rematch can be at 154?
Crawford, if he so desired, can move up to 154 and face Charlo for all the belts - as per WBO rules.
Spence doesn’t merit a rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 30 Jul 2023, 11:22 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:There's no need for a rematch after that, Crawford dismantled him from start to finish, dominating almost every second of the fight. That was without doubt the performance of the decade so far and right up there with the best of the century.

I don’t get boxing sometimes…
How on earth can the loser decide the rematch can be at 154?
Crawford, if he so desired, can move up to 154 and face Charlo for all the belts - as per WBO rules.
Spence doesn’t merit a rematch.

The Charlo fight would have been the logical next step, that fight will lose a lot of its lustre once Alvarez gives him a beat down.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 30 Jul 2023, 12:13 pm

Question: Why is someone like Terence Crawford so difficult to promote? Maybe not now but in the past I was hearing some saying that Crawford didn't get the fights he wanted because he wasn't a big enough draw - apparently not enough people wanted to watch his fights. If this is true maybe this tells us something about the state of professional boxing today rather than Crawford himself.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 31 Jul 2023, 1:16 pm

Less than a week ago in another thread I said Naoya Inoue has to be considered #1 P4P

Same applies to Terence Crawford, absolutely unreal against Spence

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 31 Jul 2023, 1:20 pm

I think leaning Spence on the basis of him being too big and too strong was fair enough. It's basically been an impenetrable equation in 140-odd years of championship boxing that if two guys of similar skill level face each other, the bigger fight will win.

The problem however, is it became very clear, very early that on top of everything else, Crawford was also bigger and stronger. If you're a Spence fight, you hope that making 147 just drained him and at 154 he won't be getting rocked (and dropped) by jabs. But that was as one-sided a supposed pound for pound toss-up as I've seen since maybe Pacquiao-Cotto.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 31 Jul 2023, 4:00 pm

Was never sold on Spence......Struggled with Brook and Porter....

But Crawford certainly belongs up there in the ATG lists now.....What a fighter and a shame his lack of stardust has meant he hasn't earned like he should in comparison to phoneys like Fury..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 4:17 pm

Boots Ennis was right said Errol Spence is a basic fighter and nothing special. Can we have Ennis against Crawford next please? No marination, straight up next. That’s got to be the next fight to make. Promoters slowing the sport down too much. Crawford should have got this moment five years ago

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 31 Jul 2023, 4:21 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Boots Ennis was right said Errol Spence is a basic fighter and nothing special. Can we have Ennis against Crawford next please? No marination, straight up next. That’s got to be the next fight to make. Promoters slowing the sport down too much. Crawford should have got this moment five years ago

Not a basic fighter..........A quality operator just lacks that magic that Crawford has...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 4:44 pm

Most overrated fighter of the last ten years. I hope he stops acting superior to Thurman now

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 31 Jul 2023, 4:47 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Most overrated fighter of the last ten years. I hope he stops acting superior to Thurman now

He is superior to Thurman......Didn't lose to a past it 40 year old..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 5:07 pm

You think Spence beats Manny? I see Manny stopping him myself perhaps even brutally

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 31 Jul 2023, 6:46 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:You think Spence beats Manny? I see Manny stopping him myself perhaps even brutally

I see him beating a 40 year old Manny..........But whether he does or not is irrelevant......Losing to the P4p number 1 is better than losing to a past it former great..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 6:59 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Boots Ennis was right said Errol Spence is a basic fighter and nothing special. Can we have Ennis against Crawford next please? No marination, straight up next. That’s got to be the next fight to make. Promoters slowing the sport down too much. Crawford should have got this moment five years ago

This re-evaluation of boxers really needs to stop; Crawford is an incredible talent and him winning so easily doesn't mean Spence is a basic fighter or nothing special because neither is true. We should just congratulate Crawford on what was one of the all time great performances.

Soul Requiem

Marky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:15 pm

Spence didn’t even make it competitive, only took the fight now because Ennis became his mandatory. He’s good but nothing special. Crawford obviously, Manny, Ennis and Thurman all beat him. It’s boxing’s problem that he was allowed to avoid Crawford for five years. Manny, Ennis and Thurman would all at least make it competitive against Terence who incidentally must be P4P #1 now, maybe Usyk and Beterbiev interchangeable at 2 and 3. Maybe Inoue at 4 who I still haven’t seen fight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:21 pm

This is just your usual spiel whereby someone becomes rubbish the moment they lose; as is right now Spence dismantles both Thurman and Pacquiao, it isn't the year 2015 any more. The jury is still out on Ennis, looks to carry good power but hasn't fought any even remotely world level yet, once he has we'll be able to judge him a bit better.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:36 pm

I said Spence was good but nothing special you’re not reading again , seeing what you want to see

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:42 pm

I'm seeing someone say that a 44 year old retired Manny Pacquiao beats Errol Spence Jr after getting beaten by arguably the finest boxer on the planet right now. Manny hasn't fought in two years and looked awful when he did against Ugas, someone Spence beat easily. Thurman equally has barely fought in years and didn't impress against Barrios.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:47 pm

Spence is quite good but essentially an overhyped PBC ticket seller whose best wins were over just past their best or moving up fighters and who wouldn’t have taken the Crawford fight but for Ennis becoming his mandatory

You think he beats Manny fine, that’s your opinion but Ugas was a late replacement so Manny had very little time to prepare for him

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:49 pm

So you actually think retired Manny Pacquiao beats Spence right now?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:50 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if Manny stopped him no

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 7:56 pm

He couldn't stop or land anything significant against Ugas so what improvements has he made in 2 years of retirement?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 8:09 pm

Natural ability wins out, I think you’ve overrated Spence to be honest

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 8:12 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Natural ability wins out, I think you’ve overrated Spence to be honest

So Ugas has more natural ability than Pacquiao?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 8:19 pm

He had no time to prepare for that fight. If a late replacement had been sprung on Floyd, Floyd would have pulled out

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 31 Jul 2023, 8:22 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:He had no time to prepare for that fight. If a late replacement had been sprung on Floyd, Floyd would have pulled out

This has nothing to do with Floyd. Natural talent should surely have still won out.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 31 Jul 2023, 8:29 pm

You can’t have an off night? Plus he was unmotivated by the opponent which was a big come down from Spence

Actually you know what I think I’d prefer to see Crawford against Thurman right now as I still haven’t seen any Ennis fights and some fans say he needs a bit more experience and a quality win perhaps before fighting Bud

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down