The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Transfer Window 17/18

+14
BamBam
Hero
GSC
No name Bertie
Nathaniel Jacobs
JDizzle
Marky
compelling and rich
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
Luke
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Ent
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Winter Transfer Window 17/18 Empty Winter Transfer Window 17/18

Post by Guest Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:16 am

Bayern Munich have signed Sandro Wagner from Hoffenheim for €12m

Newcastle have agreed a loan deal to sign Kenedy from Chelsea in January

Celtic have signed 32-year-old defender Marvin Compper from RB Leipzig on a two-and-a-half year contract.

Back to top Go down

Winter Transfer Window 17/18 Empty Re: Winter Transfer Window 17/18

Post by Ent Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:29 am

Can see mourinho wanting players - however the deals and value are always atrocious in January, hope we avoid it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

Brighton attempting to sign striker Moussa Dembélé for a transfer fee of around £18 million. Can’t see that deal happening at that price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

Liverpool agree £75m deal for Virgil Van Dijk according to the Telegraph

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 01 Jan 2018, 8:53 pm

Guardian sport
‏Verified account @guardian_sport
3m3 minutes ago

Swansea keen to sign Sakho from West Ham but wages scupper Ayew move | @StuartJamesGNM

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 02 Jan 2018, 6:46 pm

Huddersfield have signed Monaco defender Terence Kongolo on loan till the end of the season.

Surely there' s got to be better players in the lower leagues worth the risk/chance.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:10 am

Well, the Coutinho/Barca transfer saga has started right where it left off. Liverpool apparently expecting a mega bid in the coming days.

Personally, I would be gutted if he was sold in this window. Would show a complete lack of ambition by the owners and sort of reaffirm my belief that in terms of transfers, we don't really have the money to spend that is always talked about. Generally we have covered our purchases with sales.(Which i don't necessarily disagree with).

Also, as everyone and their dog point out, Barca are clear in their league already and Coutinho is cup tied. So what really is the point? More time to Gel in terms of next year? Shirt sales? Worried he might have a blinder at the world cup and the already crazy price will rise even further?

Hoping for a Naby Keita style arrangement where the sale is agreed now but he leaves in the summer.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Jan 2018, 11:07 am

If Liverpool sign an actual good goalkeeper in January and keep Coutinho I may have a little flutter on them as an outside bet for the champions league...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 03 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:If Liverpool sign an actual good goalkeeper in January and keep Coutinho I may have a little flutter on them as an outside bet for the champions league...

Wouldn't count on it. Would love it, but just don't feel Klopp (for whatever reason) thinks we need one.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:41 pm

cant really see us (united) doing anything in this window

not a chance that a team that defends as bad as Liverpool will win the champions league

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 03 Jan 2018, 9:35 pm

I'm guessing Ollys flutter was going to be based on the combination of VVD and a new keeper greatly improving the defence. No doubt it would. However not enough to challenge for the champions league IMO. Hope I'm wrong on that front obviously..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 04 Jan 2018, 8:09 am

Liverpool won it with Djimi Traore in 2005, although I think the days of the underdogs winning the CL are done for now.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Jan 2018, 3:00 pm

Marky wrote:Liverpool won it with Djimi Traore in 2005, although I think the days of the underdogs winning the CL are done for now.

Rafa always has his defence very well organised, unlike klopp. This current Liverpool team would snatch your hand off for another hyppia or carragher

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 05 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

Barkley gone to Chelsea 5 1/2 year deal.

Wonder if there preparing for Hazard to leave in the summer.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 05 Jan 2018, 7:19 pm

Really glad we spunked away 35m on Danny Drinkwater now... Barkley is definitely worth a punt for 15m - but as a Hazard replacement, no chance.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jan 2018, 5:15 pm

Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 06 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

There's transfer fees are getting ridiculous. Coutinho is a very average player. Barcelona should've invested on Griezmann/Saul/Koke.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:24 pm

He's a good player, has a bit of flair to him but a ridiculous fee. Also ridiculous selling him in January.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm

As far as I can tell Coutinho was Liverpool's top player and top creative player.  Selling him is like Man City selling de bruyne.  If Liverpool now fail to make top four and go out early in this years Champions League - how much will that cost them?   The transfer for Coutinho is about £105 million with the rest in add-ons (depending on future results including for example Coutinho winning the Ballon D'or).  

However, clearly Coutinho wanted to leave Liverpool having previously put in a transfer request last summer.  So this move was more or less forced onto Liverpool, although I think Liverpool should have done a deal so that Coutinho stayed with Liverpool until the summer.  Barcelona have already more or less won La Liga and Coutinho cannot play Champions League Football for Barcelona this season having already played for Liverpool.  I don't think Liverpool will be able to replace him with a like for like, especially not in this transfer window.

Liverpool are already losing Emre Can as he refused to sign a contract extension and runs his contact down so that he can leave in the summer on a free.  So it seems that players not wanting to play for Liverpool are having an effect on Liverpool.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:49 pm

Not wanting to play for Liverpool does probably affect Liverpool.

No reason to worry about selling mid-season. Wouldn’t have been better to sell him late in summer, gave them a chance to try get a season from him and they certainly got a good half of this season. He wanted to go and they probably promised him the move in time. Using the money already for Van Dijk whilst having Mane, Salah and Firmino with Lallana there and Keita coming.

Done this quietly this time and less disturbance to the side than both a protracted drama or a player who was angered by being made to stay.

Be interesting where they go. Few players they could get and develop into what they need, and maybe ones that are more beneficial to their team balance. Reckon there’s a few heralded and less heralded players out there who could be very good signings

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

Kevin Mirallas joining Olympiacos for £4m

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Not wanting to play for Liverpool does probably affect Liverpool.

No reason to worry about selling mid-season. Wouldn’t have been better to sell him late in summer, gave them a chance to try get a season from him and they certainly got a good half of this season. He wanted to go and they probably promised him the move in time. Using the money already for Van Dijk whilst having Mane, Salah and Firmino with Lallana there and Keita coming.

Done this quietly this time and less disturbance to the side than both a protracted drama or a player who was angered by being made to stay.

Be interesting where they go. Few players they could get and develop into what they need, and maybe ones that are more beneficial to their team balance. Reckon there’s a few heralded and less heralded players out there who could be very good signings

Not sure who the move benefits on January.

Coutinho can't play cl, Barca will probably win la liga anyway (dembele back now too).

Counting not guaranteed regular football and has to settle into a new team, country and league 6 months before the World Cup?

Liverpool without him for cl knock outs and league run in. Won't replace him in January.

Bizarre in my opinion.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:27 pm

Liverpool still have Lallana, Salah, Mane, Origi, Sturridge, Firmino,oxalde-chamberlain in there squad.
So whilst there losing a good player, they have cover for the rest of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:31 pm

News they’ve bid for Mahrez

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:38 pm

Funnily enough, I think you’ve put two negatives there Ent that I think are positives.

Won’t play in CL - don’t think he expects to win it with Liverpool or cares about playing 2-4 games extra in it. Also, probably means he plays almost entirely regularly in the league because they won’t ever rest him for the CL (obviously)

Further to that, they’re gonna win the league in an easier league physically, so he’s probably going to be better rested for the World Cup.

Further to all that, I think he was promised the move and did a lot for them so far this season, especially with them getting through CL group stages and they’re now sure that Salah is settled and works whilst Lallana is also fit.

Also think Coutinho will be smart enough to know the opportunity could go away. Injury, bad World Cup, better player becoming available etc.

I kind of think they wanted to make sure they’d bought their two main targets, Keita and Van dijk, before they got the Coutinho money. Mahrez on top too would be a bonus

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:16 pm

Luke wrote:Liverpool still have Lallana, Salah, Mane, Origi, Sturridge, Firmino,oxalde-chamberlain  in there squad.
So whilst there losing a good player, they have cover for the rest of the season.

Most of them are Poopie though vs a player Barcelona wanted...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:27 pm

Think Liverpool are laughing all the way to the bank, Coutinho isnt remotely world class.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:57 pm

True but they've just paid half of that fee for a good pl defender. Not like you can't pick up a top player for 30-40 million anymore and they'd be kitting out half their team with class for that money.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:58 pm

Luke wrote:Liverpool still have Lallana, Salah, Mane, Origi, Sturridge, Firmino,oxalde-chamberlain  in there squad.
Arsenal laughed to the bank for the £35m + £5m for the very ordinary Oxlande-Chamberlain. Lallana, Mane, Origi, Sturridge and Firmino aren'y anyway neat top class. As for Salah after this purple patch season don't be surprised if Real Madrid don't nab him in the summer.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Funnily enough, I think you’ve put two negatives there Ent that I think are positives.

Won’t play in CL - don’t think he expects to win it with Liverpool or cares about playing 2-4 games extra in it. Also, probably means he plays almost entirely regularly in the league because they won’t ever rest him for the CL (obviously)

Further to that, they’re gonna win the league in an easier league physically, so he’s probably going to be better rested for the World Cup.

Further to all that, I think he was promised the move and did a lot for them so far this season, especially with them getting through CL group stages and they’re now sure that Salah is settled and works whilst Lallana is also fit.

Also think Coutinho will be smart enough to know the opportunity could go away. Injury, bad World Cup, better player becoming available etc.

I kind of think they wanted to make sure they’d bought their two main targets, Keita and Van dijk, before they got the Coutinho money. Mahrez on top too would be a bonus

You can argue it whichever way you want, I think they would still want him i the summer. Now he has to move country, learn a new language, adjust to a new team and league - probably not be first choice. All before the World Cup, move doesn't make sense for any party involved at this stage in my opinion.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 07 Jan 2018, 12:30 am

Ent wrote:

Most of them are Poopie though vs a player Barcelona wanted...

Not saying they are better or the same (though Salah's been very good this year), point is that they have cover the get them through this season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:08 am

A club liverpools size shouldn't be aiming "to get through".

Plenty of trophies up for grabs.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:38 am

Don’t think many Portuguese speakers struggle settling in in Spain.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:53 am

And he's already played in La Liga for Espanyol.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:09 pm

coutinho on his day can be world class, just never delivered for large parts of the season. he'd have a few spurts. but i do think he will look better in a better team in Barcelona and playing in a league that is easier for attacking players

dont think liverpool will be able to replace him but they do have enough attacking ability in the side to cover for the loss. they wont be as good without him but liverpool need to improve elsewhere first if they want to challenge (which they have started with vvd). i wouldn't even bother trying to sign a replacement

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 09 Jan 2018, 8:46 pm

Stoke have signed defender Moritz Bauer from Rubin Kazan.

Burnley have signed Georges- Kevin N'Koudou from Spurs on loan for the rest of the season.

Andreas Christensen has extended his contract by 4 1/2 years at Chelsea.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

Valencia agree £12m deal for Francis Coquelin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 10 Jan 2018, 8:15 pm

Norwich selling Pritchard to Huddersfield for 11m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

United have offered 25m, Mkhitaryab and higher wages than City for Sanchez but Arsenal can't afford Henrikh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:30 pm

GSC wrote:Norwich selling Pritchard to Huddersfield for 11m

Pretty gutted about this, although it seems to be 11m up front rising to 14m with add ons. One of the pitfalls of paying for previous awful windows (and for failing to get promoted with the second highest championship wage bill ever last year).

Pritchard will do well in the PL I think - could be what Huddersfield need to win games with teams around them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:03 pm

Cedric Bakambu becomes most expensive African player, as he joins Chinese Super League side Beijing Guoan for £65m from Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

GSC wrote:United have offered 25m, Mkhitaryab and higher wages than City for Sanchez but Arsenal can't afford Henrikh.

Must have a massive urge to look like w4nkers when he turns them down for City, or refuses to sign and goes there on a free in summer instead Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:24 pm

Jose is the Trump of football management

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:36 pm

Was my thought, basically just doing it to try and get one over on Pep
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:54 pm

It's just a price raising exercise also any believe we couldn't afford Henrikh is a numpty he's on the same wage as Alexis currently Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm

Might be that he wants more to play for a lesser club?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm

I think it’s in Arsenal’s interests to let him go, although interesting whether they feel selling to City is better cos they’re closer to United, or United is better because they stop City buys JH everyone and get Mkhi.

Also, if it forces Arsene’s hand to buy Malcom, and they get Mkhi, be interesting to see if that convinced Ozil to stay. Also might allow them to offload Walcott

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:39 pm

That negative bar button is the worst inclusion on this forum since off-topic was allowed as current affairs.

Man United linked to Sanchez, Vardy and Hernandez. We’re clearly keen on getting rid of Hernandez and we have abandoned all hope of attacking and needed to sign him two years ago when we were a striker short of something special

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 12 Jan 2018, 1:22 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:That negative bar button is the worst inclusion on this forum since off-topic was allowed as current affairs.

Man United linked to Sanchez, Vardy and Hernandez. We’re clearly keen on getting rid of Hernandez and we have abandoned all hope of attacking and needed to sign him two years ago when we were a striker short of something special
They should just have the up button and leave it at that.   Elsewhere other chat sites started off having both voting up and voting down buttons but then deactivated the down buttons - because eventually each chat site is left with a few core participants and the down button is then only used to aggravate the remaining core participants resulting in fewer and fewer participants followed by a dead chat site.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 12 Jan 2018, 8:26 am

do you lot really care if a post is voted down?

as for sanchez going to united, cant see it. while he'd be a upgrade he's yet another player who plays on the left and cuts inside. would rather see rashford/martial develop in that role than a 29 year old who'd probably pack in the prem in a couple of years, although mourinho being able to develop them is a whole other issue.

could he play on the right? probably, but he wouldn't be as effective. and neither are martial or rashford on that side. seems like a lot of uniteds recent signings. big money high profile players who dont necessarily fit into a system in place

he'll be off to city anyway

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next