The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your match

+20
GoodinTightSpaces
CraigS1874
sad_gimp
yappysnap
RuggerFan
RDW
SirBurger
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Poorfour
TheMildlyFranticLlama
21st Century Schizoid Man
ReadBetweenthePosts
MrsP
doctor_grey
ChequeredJersey
welshy824 (new)
robbo277
Sam
Submachine
24 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Your match Empty Your match

Post by Submachine Fri 30 Aug - 10:29

I've been following the progress of Sam on his thread about starting his rugby career with his first game this weekend and I was just wondering how many of us actually lace up the boots at the weekend?

I'd like to hear about other posters weekly experiences on the pitch. You don't have to give too much personal info but maybe:

did you start/sub
how did you play
result
did you score
did you smash anyone
did you get on the sauce afterwards
did you score (ahem)

Persoanally I have a game tonight hopefully playing 12 but at my stage (over 20 years playing) I could end up anywhere bar prop. I'll update tonight, probably quite late as I am definitely going on the sauce afterward.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Your match Empty Re: Your match

Post by Sam Fri 30 Aug - 12:15

Will let you know come Monday!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 30 Aug - 15:33

Sub, a great idea. I'm usually to be found talking pish on the Scottish threads and am looking to do a sort of ongoing diatribe about this season. My 21 yr old son talked me into coming out of retirement midway through last season to see him through his first couple of games. Played more games than he did by the end of the season and have purchased shiney new boots for this season. Starts next Saturday for us. If you don't mind I'll join in with this as well. Looking forward to see how Sam gets on. Chronologically you sound midway between Young Sam and decrepit Jimbopip.
Can I recommend to you guys Donald Macrea's Winter Colours the best book on rugby I have read. And Calon by Owen Sheers an excellent look at Wales Grand Slam team.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Sat 31 Aug - 1:37

Ok. Since I startded this I suopose I better andser.

did you start/sub        Started
how did you play        Surprisingly well. at 14 instead of 12 like I though
result                        we won a nailbiter 8-5
did you score             Nope
did you smash anyone Frak Bob
did you get on the sauce afterwards yes
did you score (ahem) the night is but a puppy

Fistr game of any meaning and we won. I' m so happy right noe its ridiculous

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat 31 Aug - 8:33

Played our first pre-season game last week. Got a full 80 and we won 50-7. I played okay, but it was just about getting match sharpness back. Another pre-season game today and then the league starts next week - same day my mum has decided to get remarried!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Sat 31 Aug - 11:22

Good stuff robbo. We get to play a lot on Friday nights. Great atmosphere and pints afterwards sets up a great weekend.
Thats great to hear jimbopip. I'm 38 and was younger than 5 other guys on the team. The rest were between 18 an 23. Thats emigration for you though. Feeling pretty sore today but very happy about it.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 31 Aug - 12:31

Robbo, yet more compelling evidence that women have their priorities all askew. Did you see the documentary about Ajax FC which showed them telling a 12-year old that they were releasing him and he would probably never make it as a footballer? Boy and father both holding back the tears as son's dream dies before our eyes, while mother announces, "At least we can get back to shopping on Saturdays now!"picard 
Sub, "emigration"?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Sat 31 Aug - 23:23

[quote="jimbopip"]Robbo, yet more compelling evidence that women have their priorities all askew. Did you see the documentary about Ajax FC which showed them telling a 12-year old that they were releasing him and he would probably never make it as a footballer? Boy and father both holding back the tears as son's dream dies before our eyes, while mother announces, "At least we can get back to shopping on Saturdays now!"picard 
Sub, "emigration"?]quote]

Yeah, a lot of guys have had to head away to get work or just to get away from the gloom. Mostly 24-30 year olds finished education with no mortgage or kids. Off the top of my head I can count 13 players from our club in that category who have emigrated in just the last two years.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 1 Sep - 8:55

Submachine wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Robbo, yet more compelling evidence that women have their priorities all askew. Did you see the documentary about Ajax FC which showed them telling a 12-year old that they were releasing him and he would probably never make it as a footballer? Boy and father both holding back the tears as son's dream dies before our eyes, while mother announces, "At least we can get back to shopping on Saturdays now!"picard 
Sub, "emigration"?]quote]

Yeah, a lot of guys have had to head away to get work or just to get away from the gloom. Mostly 24-30 year olds finished education with no mortgage or kids. Off the top of my head I can count 13 players from our club in that category who have emigrated in just the last two years.
Sad to hear that Sub, as a Scotsman domiciled in Essex these past 26 years I know whereof you speak. Still, you have to go where life leads you. My wife and I once did a head count of friends who had graduated about the same time as us; the majority had taken the road south. sometimes I wonder if any of them ever got back.
On a brighter note I noticed a rather high spelling/typo error count in your post match thread- celebrating I take it?
Also, Sam is very quiet; hope all went well on his debut.
Got to take youngest son to training, they begin contact today.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Sun 1 Sep - 17:51

had a pre season game about 2 weeks ago
the match was 4 20 minute periods, I played 50 minutes (due to trying out new combos as I am off to uni)
started
played blindside flanker
didn't do too badly, got bumped off a tackle (embarrassing to say the least) got a few turnovers and a try. got cramp at the end, so need to improve fitness a bit more. our scum was awesome
lost 26-25
wont 3 out of the 4 quarters, and their ref did become slightly more biased at end but still a good runout
nope was driving
no didn't go out as holiday the next day

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 2 Sep - 9:38

did you start/sub - started played 80 mins on the wing.
how did you play - alright I think, conceded a try in my corner when they had a 3/4 on 1.
result - 31-28.
did you score - nope.
did you smash anyone - nope, made a couple of tackles and hit some rucks.
did you get on the sauce afterwards - had a few!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 7 Sep - 21:01

Did you start/sub- played most of second half, 4X 20 mins rolling subs
How did you play- First team captain and couple of old boys told Bigson they thought I did very well.
Did you score- nope, not even close
Did you smash anyone- YES from a restart cleared out the first ruck like a bullet train, Bigson and I cleared out the second together and the ball went wide and we scored.
On the sauce- just about to settle down with MrsPip and dive into a bottle of red, or two.
Moment of the match- Theresa Ladeez tighthead spying me in my figure hugging jersey cries out, "Jimbo, Jimbo, for god's sake breathe in."picard 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 11 Sep - 17:03

It's a good thread this and i'll certainly keep on reading.

My Season won't start till November as i'm working away , I can't wait to get back into it all though!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Sep - 18:01

Welcome driver, wonder where Sam is hiding the noo.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 12 Sep - 23:34

Our rugby season starts again next week so may write it up after then
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 15 Sep - 9:30

Morning boys.
Started- subbed at half time.
Played OK, we leaked two intercept tries in the first 40 both from our 12, he was not a happy bunny.
did score - nope missed a close range penalty
smash anyone- stood waiting for a looping lazy hospital pass and their launched himself at me full speed. Three of the youngsters debuting said afterwards they were shutting their eyes and thinking, "He's dead. No-one gets up after that." The human missile bounced off, a penalty was awarded and I applauded him back to his feet. I'm not sure that my Lithuanian friend understood my asking him, "Is that the best ye'v got pal?"
ON the sauce- wasn't driving so was able to sample the Doom Bar, an evocatively named ale from the West country I believe. AND Bigson had a winning debut in the firsts.
p.s. very impressed with London Lithuanians, hard, competitive, extremely fit, a decent bunch of blokes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 15 Sep - 11:20

Gents,
Two matches to report.
Last weekend back home played for our seconds:
did you start/sub:  Subbed on just after halftime and played inside centre
how did you play:  I hadn't practised with the team much, but I set up a coupe of tries.
result: tied at halftime but we won with three tries after halftime and played good defense.
did you score:  no
did you smash anyone:  the whole team played good physical defense
did you get on the sauce afterwards:  yes - first time in a very long time, I usually don't go off, but was still on holiday
did you score (ahem):  a gentleman never discusses these things.

Yesterday back with my club in the US, we had a match between our seconds and olde boys.  My 16 year old son and I played for the olde boys.  He was the best player on the pitch (ufb - proud as heck.)
did you start/sub:  started and played the whole match
how did you play:  fine, solid and fundamentally good.
result:  graciously tied.
did you score:  twice
did you smash anyone:  no
did you get on the sauce afterwards:  no
did you score (ahem):  A gentleman doesn't discuss these things.

This was probably my last match until next year, unless this was my last match ever.  Having surgery to remove a bulging/herniated discin my neck in a few weeks.   The rehab to get back into game-shape is tough, especially with a job and at advanced age.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 15 Sep - 13:43

Doc Grey, best of luck with your re-hab. Get into some kind of shape and find a level you can play at would be my advice, but like Jon Snow I know nothing.
You will keep posting though, wont you?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 20 Sep - 10:03

Haven't been on this thread due to the non playing blues. It seems I may be out of action for quite a while if not permanently. After two and a half games of the season in which I played reasonably well a lot of old injuries have come back to haunt me. Both knees have been dodgy for a while but the right one appears completely knackered. I can feel a lot of "stuff" moving around in there and gives way quite a bit.
Added to the alternating pins and needles and numbness in my left arm which I know is coming from a bulging disc in my neck. Will have to lay off for a while.
Snap doc.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Sep - 13:30

Sub, that's a damn shame. You must be feeling lower than the MFL's prospects this season. It is the contract we make with the devil isn't it? We get to play the best game in the world for five minutes of our life and pay for it over and over again. Let us know how you get on.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Sep - 18:36

Evening all, participation in tomorrow's derby match looks in doubt. Haven't been to work yesterday or today. Nasty stomach bug has seen me eat next to nothing and shed 3-4 pounds. I collected youngest from after school club and made him an early tea. Had some myself and am waiting to see what occurs. If it stays in I may be able to persuade MrsPip that I will be OK. She was last seen wearing that grown up face that women seem able to conjure up at will.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 28 Sep - 9:49

Morning boys, this thread seems to be withering away. Sam, are you still playing?
I played the second half of our local derby.
Lost 29-24, took the lead with 10 minutes to go and then knocked on the restart from which they ran in the winning try. The last few minutes were competitive to say the least. But, some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you.
However, we did stop at one of my favourite pubs for refreshments on the way back. It was Wednesday before MrsPip spoke to me.
Oh happy days.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 29 Sep - 4:13

OK, I can confirm I am a total feckin' idiot.  

Less than a week before having surgery on my spine (C6-7), I get a call on Saturday telling me I was needed to play for our seconds in a couple of hours.  I had just gotten back from Paris on Friday night where my wife and I celebrated our anniversary.  So with a semi-numb left arm due to the spine problem, and no warm-up or match prep, I go out and prove my idiocy to all...........

did you start/sub - played the first half at inside centre and most of the second at blindside flanker
how did you play - shockingly good, made about a dozen tackles in just the second half
result- we won 39-31, exhausting track meet type match
did you score - twice
did you smash anyone - one guy, a prop, not sure he felt it though.
did you get on the sauce afterwards:  no can't raise my left arm to drink
did you score (ahem):  no my wife found out I was playing and shut me off for the next ten lifetimes.

Now, I know better than to play five days before major surgery.  I certainly would never allow anyone to play with my condition.  And it is my profession to get athletes to make good health and welfare decisions.  My advice is always right and proper.  So why am I so stupid?  To be fair, this might have been my last competitive match, period.  I just enjoy playing this stupid game.  My arm hurts more than ever now, except when it is numb.  Thursday (surgery day) can't come fast enough......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 29 Sep - 9:14

Doc, you are not a total feckin' idiot. You are just a rugby playing man. Or is that tautology?
Good luck on Thursday.
Will post my match later when ribs stop hurting.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 29 Sep - 9:26

Thanks for the comments, mate. But I believe you should have written that I am just a Rugby playing boy. When we play a kids game, we are all boys. Which perhaps accounts for my lack of common sense.

Cheers.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 30 Sep - 9:59

Well done Doc. A good way to sign off if it is your final game. Good luck on Thursday. I feel your pain/numbness but if it makes you feel any better a good friend of mine had to have the same operation after crushing a disc in a freak yawning/stretching/sneezing incident. At least we have a proper excuse.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 30 Sep - 19:45

Doc, Sub, Sam I posted this on a Glasgow thread yesterday. Thought it might raise a smile.

The letter for today is F as in feckin'ell. We arrived at Wanstead yesterday and I blithely announced that last time I played ther we had arrived with12 men and they gave us 2 who had conscientious objections to tackling and we got hammered. I had got so incensed with their fullback's grandstanding and Wendyball type behaviour that I put I high ball up and as he caught it dropped my shoulder and hit him as hard as I could. So hard in fact I popped rib cartilage which gave me no little pain over the next week or so.Oh how we laughed when I related this pre-match. Can you guess what happened next? I bet you can! We arrived with 12 men. Midway through the second half our winger makes a try saving tackle just short of the line which they recycle quickly. Their flanker tries to go over but I hold him up. I decide not to go to ground as we don't have numbers there yet and if we can hold him up we should get the put in at the scrum. My team mates get behind me and start driving. His team mates get behind him, but we're going forward, my plan is working perfectly. Somehow his shoulder has dropped just below my ribs just as two of his team hit the maul with serious intent. Shoulder drives in and up and I get to hear a funny grinding, scraping noise as my lower ribs become much more closely acquainted with each other than is strictly polite. I lasted until the next scrum when I realised that pushing was not as much fun as sticking knitting needles in my eyes. MrsPip has maintained her admirable record of neither noticing nor commenting upon self inflicted stupidity. But the letter for today is definitely F.
Did I play well?... Here's the funny thing. I thought I had a pretty poor game but when the lads arrived back at the clubhouse ( I had gone straight home as MrsPip had arranged a meal with friends) they all told Bigson I had played very well. Actually we have a lad who's on holiday from Auckland; he's the best tackler I've ever seen at this level and has a typical Kiwi approach to the game, well , he told Bigson "Your old man had a great game. I was really impressed." I don't care how you slice it; a compliment from a Kiwi in a rugby context is chicken soup for the soul. Ribs are still aching today but I've got a feeling I'll be fine come Saturday.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 30 Sep - 22:38

An ego massage never gets old. Good to see you using that great Irish invention the choke tackle. It's right up there with the Garryowen as a game reinventing innovation.
Our only other noteworthy contribution in recent years has been maintain only one possible international option at tight head prop in an 8-10 year cycle. Expect some big news in 5-6 years when Mike Ross replacement makes his international debut at 32 years of age. He is probably playing second row for his clubs third team at the moment.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 1 Oct - 5:36

Great story. In particular I enjoy your wife's not wanting to get involved with the auto-flagellation which is Rugby (for many of us). Tape up the ribs and go out and have fun!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 2 Oct - 18:20

Good luck tomorrow Doc, be in touch.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 2 Oct - 23:53

Thanks bro.
Will do.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 3 Oct - 8:08

Good luck today Doc. RedWine Some grapes for the patient.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 5 Oct - 9:48

Hey Doc, how goes it?
No match for me today, ribs still delicate and common sense making a much belated arrival.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 5 Oct - 10:54

Thanks for asking, mate.  Not too bad for two days post-op:  As expected, throat is swollen so eating and drinking are pretty difficult.  Pain levels not unacceptable, but no real quality sleep yet.  The team of docs who performed the procedures seemed very happy with themselves, so I know everything went according to plan.  

The weather here is unusually great.  Yesterday was about 30C/80F and sunny.  Today is supposed to be more of the same.  If I feel up to it, my older son will drive me to go watch my club play this afternoon.  At least for a little while.

Its really nice to receive the number of calls and emails which I have so far.  And especially here, too.
Best line so far is:  
"Stop acting like a baby and go do something constructive.
Love,
Dad"

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Oct - 9:01

I'll try and keep this thread alive, where is Sam?
Did I start/sub.. A home game and we had about 5 subs, I was one of them. Opposition tight head was concussed after about 5 minutes so I replaced him. Scrums went uncontested. At half-time I swapped with our tighthead, so had almost a whole match.
How did I play? Dunno, uncontested you don't do much and by the time you get out play is miles away. But I enjoyed it. The opposition were gracious and genuine in their thanks in the bar after.
[b]Did I score?
Not even close, actually on at least three occasions I was on the shoulder but the ball didn't come out.
Did I smash anyone? No but did my work in the rucks.
On the sauce? Very much so, first win of the season, daughter providing a taxi service, Bigson playing at home too, VP lunch in clubhouse; all the ingredients of a good evening. MrsPip still not talking.
Did I score (ahem) I refer you to my previous statement.
I've just remembered one of the youngsters getting tongue tied in the clubhouse, the way you do when you're edging into "feelings" with an older person you're just beginning to know, and saying how uncomfortable he felt seeing me in a Millwall jersey in the fist half and how relieved when I re-joined my own team as I was getting stuck in and it just felt wrong. The beginning of team spirit?
[/b]

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Sun 13 Oct - 19:46

Sam must have injured his typing finger. Hope he's ok

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 14 Oct - 22:17

Well boys and girls, my match on the weekend was fantastic!  I never needed to break a sweat, didn't get hurt, even slightly, and I didn't make any mistakes.  Of course, I can't play so I watched my club play whilst sitting in a nice comfy folding rocking chair the club bought for me for the occasion.

The recovery goes pretty well.   Pain and discomfort levels are frequently manageable without narcotic pain relievers, and the rest of the time I bear it with other forms of pain relief.  The narcotics really only make sense for acute pain where there is no other viable alternative.   Mobility in the neck is still poor and I have started light flexibility exercises.  The good news is the sensations brought on by the herniated disk seem to have disappeared.  So, I am in full post-surgical recovery mode and should resume some form of work by next week.  

Ironically, the worst discomfort is sitting in front of the computer.  And that is without reading any of the Heineken Cup comments!
My club assigned me a target for returning to play in mid January since we will go to Ireland the last pool weekend of the Heineken Cup to watch the pros and play one match ourselves.  Hopefully I can make it.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 14 Oct - 22:37

Okay!!!

It's official!

He's mad!

Returning to play????

In 3 months???

Shocked 

Will you be wearing those yellow shorts that indicate that no-one is allowed to tackle you?

Will you be able to get a straitjacket to match???

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 14 Oct - 22:54

I am in total agreement with MrsP. Doc, glad to hear you are on the mend. Be careful, don't play before you are 100%.
Tour to Ireland! you lucky lucky boy.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 14 Oct - 22:57

picard 

As we don't have enough over here eejits already!!!

I take you are on the famous "Tommy Bowe milk" diet!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 14 Oct - 23:46

Yes, I am an arse.  Is this news?  

I didn't say I would be OK to play, simply that a goal and target was established.  
And If I don't play, I still get to go with the club!

Just to let you know I am using some common sense.  MrsP you know this already, my 16 year old son is driving me everywhere using his driving 'Learners Permit'.  We spend quality time, he spends more time behind the wheel, and I have a chauffeur.  So I am capable of following some remedial forms of instruction, in this case, not driving.   Ha ha.  You didn't believe I am capable did you?        

I am keeping all activity light, and today I only went out of the house for a short walk, and to go with my son to pick up his brother at school after a sport this afternoon.

Thanks for the thinly veiled attempts at concern.

Seriously.

Thanks!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 14 Oct - 23:52

laughing 

I hope it doesn't hurt too much when you laugh!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 14 Oct - 23:57

Actually, it does!
The only pain of significance is located on the spine right between the shoulder blades. Not sure why there, but as the muscles tighten as I laugh, its like a knife being driven straight on through. We tend to laugh a lot in my house so I tell the kids they are killing me.............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 15 Oct - 0:07

Well, they clearly have a lot to laugh at!!!

Run

In a very supportive and encouraging way of course.

Very Happy 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 15 Oct - 5:21

you
da
best

ps.  yes, they do.

Jimbo, I won't play unless I am ready.  Remember my ultimate goal?  Playing a full on match with both my lads.  I wouldn't ruin that for anything.
Thaks again!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 15 Oct - 10:00

Perhaps we should start up a new thread " Your injury" as by the look of things not much rugby being played.Sad

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 15 Oct - 16:22

Yeah, I really thought this would be a fun thread, giving all of us a chance to talk about how great we are or how sore we are.  Or even just experiences on the pitch.  With all the discussion about Rugby, seemed like a great idea!  

I am surprised most people here simply don't play.  It always seemed to me like a lot of people were playing.  Maybe everyone has flashbacks?

We can continue the thread, but I think a lot of people will eventually get bored reading MrsP and Jimbo telling me not to be stupid.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadBetweenthePosts Tue 15 Oct - 16:35

Had my first game back this weekend since breaking my ribs 5 weeks ago... I hadn't tried the ribs out in contact at all before the game so I had no idea what was going to happen at the first tackle! Luckily I made it through the full 80 minutes mostly unscathed.

did you start/sub - Started

how did you play - Okay, a bit rusty! My first full game since my school days

result- Lost 40 - 15

did you score- Nope! I helped create one of our two tries though which feels nearly as good

did you smash anyone- Spent what felt like the whole afternoon dragging down a fella twice the size of me. Not a smash, but perhaps a miracle I could take him down at all.

did you get on the sauce afterwards- Only when I got home guinness

ReadBetweenthePosts

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 15 Oct - 16:35

doctor_grey wrote:Yeah, I really thought this would be a fun thread, giving all of us a chance to talk about how great we are or how sore we are. Or even just experiences on the pitch. With all the discussion about Rugby, seemed like a great idea!

I am surprised most people here simply don't play. It always seemed to me like a lot of people were playing. Maybe everyone has flashbacks?

We can continue the thread, but I think a lot of people will eventually get bored reading MrsP and Jimbo telling me not to be stupid.
Don't be stupid...... I'd never get bored of that. Especially if MrsP continues to post in the guise of Yoda

MrsP wrote:picard 

As we don't have enough over here eejits already!!!

I take you are on the famous "Tommy Bowe milk" diet!!

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 15 Oct - 17:24

Say, I can what?

Everything he knows, him I did teach!

This thread reminds me of a conversation I overheard at the Masters Athletics Champs this year. As I passed, a competitor was giving out to his wife saying,

"I'm speaking to no-one else!! I've had 4 conversations so far and every one of them has been about what operations they've had!!"

I suspect the lack of players is a bit of a reflection of the age profile? Of course, there are a few who are old enough to know better but...

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next