The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans

5 posters

Go down

Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans Empty Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans

Post by Impossible Standards Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

Found a really good Q&A on another forum in which Darren Edwards has answered questions posted by some Dragons fans. Thought some of you may enjoy the read. Some nice comments in there about how he is personally donating money owed to help build facilities. Also the intent of altering how the Dragons are perceived by others.

I think it's a great personal touch by the coach would be interesting to know if any other clubs have done something similar?

Here is the link:
http://www.draggedup.co.uk/

Enjoy thumbsup
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans Empty Re: Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans

Post by Comfort Thu 24 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

he comes across really well. fairplay. clap

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans Empty Re: Interesting read for NG Dragons Fans

Post by XR Thu 24 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

Nice interview, although i think if the dragons are going to shed the 'poor relations' tag, they need to stop saying how beating us (blues) is an achievement. They should be getting in to the mindset that we're just another team who they can beat, which we are.

But I'm glad he spoke about your away form, the dragons tend to be dreadful away from RP. They raise their game at home, beat the blues, the fans go wild and the players do a lap of honour...only to get handed a drubbing away from home. There's no level of consistant intensity of the dragons and they will never challenge for silverware while they can't get the job down away from Dave.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

Good interview - his positivity and optimism for the future shine through. I can't wait for the Scarlets and Dragons youngsters to mature and for us to have 4 strong Welsh regions - hopefully that and if Wales can have a successful tour of Australia can encourage fans to come to the regions and in turn strength and improve the regions...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:34 am

gcBlues wrote:Nice interview, although i think if the dragons are going to shed the 'poor relations' tag, they need to stop saying how beating us (blues) is an achievement. They should be getting in to the mindset that we're just another team who they can beat, which we are.

But I'm glad he spoke about your away form, the dragons tend to be dreadful away from RP. They raise their game at home, beat the blues, the fans go wild and the players do a lap of honour...only to get handed a drubbing away from home. There's no level of consistant intensity of the dragons and they will never challenge for silverware while they can't get the job down away from Dave.

I think you've taken his beat the Blues comment a little out of context. To be fair, wins against the Blues aren't that common and it was a big win for us really, given that we generally only beat the Ospreys (out of the regions) at home. I also disagree with your lap of honour comment too, because I don't recall seeing that. Yes the players do celebrate the wins v the Regions, but at the end of the day they're our best gates and the atmosphere at both the Blues and Ospreys games were incredible, so I would say if I was a player playing in front of that then I would be pretty excitable too.

Fair play to Darren though, it was a good interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

Just to back Risca Rev up on that, the players come over to the crowd and applaud us after EVERY game, not just the Blues win. Hardly a lap of honour, but a recognition of the support they get every game. A nice touch from the players I feel.

And beating the Blues is a bit of a big thing. Not 'cos you're our nearest rivals but because we're the perennial 'bottom' or 'worst' region so beating another Welsh region shows us we're improving and progressing and gets Warren Gatland looking at the region. Hand on heart I feel those wins against the Blues and Ospreys last season were the catalyst for our 5 lads going to the worldcup. Gatland didn't want to know before. So, the win was big as it announced to Welsh rugby that we've got some decent players even though we're usually last placed region. That's different from the game being big just because it was the Blues. However, I'm all for derby day atmosphere and don't think there's anything wrong with competition with our nearest rival. It's what the club game was built on in Wales, and led to many fans becoming interested in the game. Long may the rivalry continue as it puts bums on seats and develops interest in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:52 pm

"Just to back Risca Rev up on that, the players come over to the crowd and applaud us after EVERY game, not just the Blues win. Hardly a lap of honour, but a recognition of the support they get every game. A nice touch from the players I feel."

- couldn't agree more!

Great interview, much better than the drivel in the westernfail...
I think we are moving in the right direction but we are moving slowly. He talks alot about changing the mentality of the club witch I think is spot on, there's no point in doing the double over the ospreays and then getting stuffed in Galway...

In all honesty first 15 v first 15 I think all the regions are on a par and hopefully
it wont be long until we have a squad to compete all season.

- sperate point. Alot of people have a pop at Jason toveys goal kicking. He currently has the second highest success rate in the league. Also to seasons ago he had the highest % in Europe and kicked 26 successive kicks. Last year he tried to change his style (nice one WRU) hence it slipped..

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down