The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trilby Tour

+4
drive4show
Maverick
McLaren
JAS
8 posters

Go down

Trilby Tour Empty Trilby Tour

Post by JAS Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:44 pm

Just completed my application today and selected my regional qualifying venue. I'm doing the Oxfordshire on 28th Jul.

First of all have any of you done the Trilby before and if so what did you think of it (was it a mate of yours that did it Maverick?)

secondly has anyone else played the Oxfordshire?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Trilby Tour Empty Re: Trilby Tour

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:51 pm

Just went to the website. It says that the event is full. Are you sure your application will be accepted?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:51 pm

JAS Indeed it was my pal who played this, and is the one and same guy in process of setting up a new tour, not a rival as such but one that is offering something different and something for all different levels.

Contemplated it myself the trilby but I never got round to it.

AS for the Oxfirdshire played it a dozen or so times, I love the place personally especially the back 9

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:09 pm

Mac the initial part of the application was back in Oct/nov. Paid the deposit back then and got confirmation I was in. What happened this morning was that they released the first block of regional venues. So all those with confirmed deposits were able to select their venue and complete their application today.

Sounds good Mav, I'll need to get a few rounds in over the next few months. Would have preferred a couple of the other venues but the dates just weren't working so I've plumped for the Oxfordshire and look forward to familiarising myself with it Smile

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:15 pm

Its a complete Joy to play, but I would suggest to play it before in both good and bad conditions, as she is a diffferent beast when it's wet and windy.

Have play it in the warmth of summer when its a delight and shot 3 under, and played her in the summer when it's a wet day and battled for a 3over round.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:40 pm

JAS

I've played it a few times, used to play in their open event. Some real 'stand out' holes, especially 8th and 17th. Par 5's in general are all pretty good, par 3's are very wind dependant.

I have an email from them currently in my inbox, they have an offer of a 4ball for £100 but it only runs until the end of this month. Want me to send it on to you?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:55 pm

Hi D4S,

Would you be able top forward that email on to me? My email address is s_harrison15@hotmail.com

Thanks a load...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:55 pm

Sorry, just typo'ed it?!?

s_harrison15@hotmail.co.uk

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:10 pm

JAS/sharrison

Sorry chaps, just checked my emails and I've deleted it! I do remember that it came from a Stuart Perry and the email said to mail him to book. His email is stuartp@thoxfordshire.com (yes that's right, no 'e' according to their website)

As stated above, the offer is only till the end of this month, £100 for a fourball. If you guys fancy it, I'd be interested in making up a four if the date was OK Smile

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:15 pm

JAS

I know a player who is on thr Europro tour who plays in it, I thought it was only for Professionals, as the first prize is £10,000 winner take all.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

Hang on chaps, just looked at other addresses on their website, looks like it should be stuartp@theoxfordshire.com thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 16 Feb 2011, 9:42 pm

Hi D4S, yes a £100 4ball sounds great. Is that any day or just weekdays? The only weekend day I have free is Sunday 27th. But even if I can't do it this month, would be more than happy to join up with 2 or 3 of you for a round there sometime between now and late July. Also I'm away to check empire golf to see when their open is.

There are 2 categories OPW, Amateur & Professional....needless to say I'm in the former Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

JAS

I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out when the deal is available. I can't do 27th, we have a pairs comp that day. Will be in touch soon as I've spoken to them thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 17 Feb 2011, 1:09 pm

Just spoke to the Oxfordshire, the above offer is valid 7 days a week. If anyone is thinking about it then let me know but my weekends are already booked up so it would need to be midweek for me. They have availability most days from about midday onwards which is also ideal, means travelling up there after the rush hour Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 1:15 pm

drive4show wrote:Just spoke to the Oxfordshire, the above offer is valid 7 days a week. If anyone is thinking about it then let me know but my weekends are already booked up so it would need to be midweek for me. They have availability most days from about midday onwards which is also ideal, means travelling up there after the rush hour Very Happy

I'm in if the day is right...
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:29 pm

I'm liking this, I don't suppose they'd extend the offer into March?
If not the 28th Feb could be a goer for me.

Did you get my email about Dornoch D4S? £33 for their open on 1st May, unbelievable value. I've now booked 36 holes at Castle Stuart for the Sat. That's not a bad encore for the weekend after Saunton Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:54 pm

JAS

Yes, just picked that up thanks, I'm not jealous, honest!!

How does 28th Feb suit you and LJ? Mr Harrison, care to make up a 4??

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:58 pm

That sounds like a monday.... HANG ON! IT IS A MONDAY! Long weekend! Woohoo! :606laugh:

going back to being a bit more serious. I'll have to book the time off and I'm not sure how that will pan out. I'll get back to you very shortly.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:58 pm

JAS/LJ/sharrison

Sorry guys just checked the work diary, can't do Monday 28th, how about Friday 25th?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 3:02 pm

drive4show wrote:JAS/LJ/sharrison

Sorry guys just checked the work diary, can't do Monday 28th, how about Friday 25th?

that one I can't manage.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 17 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

drive4show wrote:JAS

Yes, just picked that up thanks, I'm not jealous, honest!!

How does 28th Feb suit you and LJ? Mr Harrison, care to make up a 4??

Might be a bit tough for me this month to be honest - off skiing next week and should really do some work to pay for it at some point?!?

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by turnip Wed 11 May 2011, 8:29 pm

Hi Jas
Been reading 606 for a couple of years but only just signed up to post.
I'm playing the Trilby for the forst time in the Old Thorns event next week and going for a look tomorrow at Donnington Vale to get a feel for what goes on. Happy to give you an update next week after I've played if you like.
Starting to get a bit nervous as had practice round last week, played quite well and shot 27 points! There's not many places to bale out there and there wasn't any wind to speak of so could be a car crash next week.
Best of luck with the Oxfordshire in July.

turnip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down