The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duel on the Downs

3 posters

Go down

The Duel on the Downs Empty The Duel on the Downs

Post by steveo77 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am

Definitely the highlight next week will be the clash between Frankel and Canford Cliffs.
I have been leaning towards Frankel ever since this was announced and Sir Henry Cecil has issued a positive bulletin again today.

Very difficult to predict though, this is the hardest race possible for Frankel in my opinion. Canford Cliffs was very impressive in beating Goldikova at Royal Ascot and Frankel perhaps less so in his race. However Frankel remains unbeaten, and until he does then I am reluctant to take him on! What does everyone think?

steveo77

Back to top Go down

The Duel on the Downs Empty Re: The Duel on the Downs

Post by Solerina Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi steveo,

I know I say I'm struggling to get into the flat racing, but seeing Canford Cliffs and Frankel take each other on is going to be one of the highlights of my racing year....and I can't wait!

I see Richard Hannon says that the winner is likely to be hailed as the best horse in the world. Shocked

He said it here on Sporting Life

Anyway, steveo, I would be reluctant to take Frankel on, too, but who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

I get my new work rota later today.....I'm really hoping I'm able to watch the race.

Oh it's just so exciting! For me this is as good as Denman and Kauto but without the jumps!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 pm

If Queally gets the fractions right then i really cant see Canford getting close enough to Frankel to make any use of his finishing burst.If Frankels run is used at the right part of the race,probably between the three and the one as opposed to the five and the three as it was at Royal Ascot then Canford is going to have to quicken twice,once to get to Frankel and then again to beat him.Any horse that can quicken twice is right out of the top drawer and whilst Canford Cliffs is a very good miler i really dont think that hes from the absolute top echelon.Frankel to win by a unanimous points decision.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down