The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER)

+11
AberdeenSteve
User Name
talkingpoint
HitmanOwl
Mr H
Dr Gregory House MD
Legend
Beer
sodhat
JoshSansom
TopoftheChops
15 posters

Go down

Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER) Empty Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER)

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:22 am

Wrestlemania 28. To make his dream come true of main eventing at Wrestlemania.

Last edited by TopoftheChops on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER) Empty Re: Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER)

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

Which could mean that he loses it beforehand like Kennedy did - should also put some spoilers up because that was from the SD taping.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER) Empty Re: Daniel Bryan will cash in his mitb at....(SD SPOILER)

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

Anyone else reckon he loses when he does cash in?

I'm always sceptical...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

Between him and ADR i would still fancy Del Rio to fail.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

They definitely still seem behind Del Rio though, even after WM and the slight momentum loss since.

I don't know, maybe I'm a sucker for the 'Vince likes 'em big' stereotype, but I never though DB would get such an opportunity and I still see them snatching it back from him!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

Personally, I think if anyone is going to succeed in their cash in it has to be Del Rio. The way I see it, there are only two superstars higher on the raw roster than him, being Punk and Cena. And with punk supposedly gone, Del Rio is now arguably the top heel on Raw.

Conversely, Bryan has hardly established himself at all as a main eventer. At the moment there are loads of superstars who you could argue are still bigger than him. For him to win would be quite a shock, as i just cant see him cashing in at one of those opportune moments. I do however, think this will result in a push to main event, but still won't win at tue first attempt. He's just not over enough with the fans in my opinion. Only time will tell!
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

Thing is, just cause DB announced his date, it doesn't mean he won't get a title shot before then.

As for Del Rio.... he was the first person in god knows how long to not win the title at WM. He didn't headline. Had the poorest Rumble win in history and has been kept down on numerous occasions. I'd like to see him lose it and then snap.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

I actually think that delaying the point of cash in by the WWE is a masterstroke, Bryan is extremly likeable in the underdog babyface role and is good enough in ring to make his mission to fight his way up the card entertaining, my only concern is that with seemingly one Championship already taken by Cena/The Rock and the Royal Rumble still to come there could be an ugly mish-mash of a title match come 'mania time

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

Depends, House.

Christian to be Champ, Punk wins Rumble goes after the WHC, Bryan is the 3rd participant, i'd pay to see that above Cena v Dwayne!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I actually think that delaying the point of cash in by the WWE is a masterstroke, Bryan is extremly likeable in the underdog babyface role and is good enough in ring to make his mission to fight his way up the card entertaining, my only concern is that with seemingly one Championship already taken by Cena/The Rock and the Royal Rumble still to come there could be an ugly mish-mash of a title match come 'mania time

I'm guessing it will be against Orton too, as WHC? I can see him losing in a 'herculean' effort against Orton though -- if he gets to mania as CJ notes though!

Del Rio's rumble win and subsequent mania match were both pretty poor, I agree. He won the rumble without being the focal point once, and then to get his title shot first on the card maybe showed a lack of faith in him. I guess someone likes him in WWE though because they are sustaining his push in the background to the bigger stories going on.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Punk v Bryan at Mania for the title anyone?

Clarkey, its been 4yrs in a row that the Rumble winner hasnt gone on to win the title at Mania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

Oh really?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

Personally I don't think that Cena v Rock will be for the title or it would be too obvious that Cena would win - think it will replace the Taker match from this WM as he won't be able to compete. They will see it as a legends match like Rock v Hogan was.

Punk will therefore be in the WWE title match with Bryan potentially in the WHC one. While his in ring work is great I am not convinced he is anymore than a mid carder, added to the fact that there are a number of SD options: Orton, Sheamus, Christian, Barrett, Rhodes etc I would be surprised if he were in it... particularly as I feel that the title matches at WM should be one on one and there will be either a RR winner or Elimination Chmaber winner to go into the WHC match.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

I agree Cena and Rock shouldn't have the WWE title involved. It'll sell regardless, which would allow two title matches, one for DB, one for Rumble winner.

I expect Punk to come back claiming to be the true WWE champion and feud with whomever is the current holder...possibly to WM.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

I think it's far, far too early to assume who will or won't be champs. It's all fantasy stuff. Punk could still legit leave and guys like Jericho and Batista could still come back.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

That's the fun of it!

I'll look back next April and shake my head at how wrong I was, undoubtedly.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:40 pm

Daniel bryan won't main event mania,end of chat. Why would he when the rock v cena match will over shadow it! I think he will cash it in at the rumble so he goes in as champ or he loses before mania.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

If Bryan became world heavyweight champ I would fear he will go the way of Swagger. Swagger had no momentum before becoming world champion, his MITB win was a shock (like Bryan's) and he really didn't have the drawing power for the WWE to let him run with the ball. They took the title off of him pretty quickly and he has fallen into mid card obscurity ever since. If Bryan wins I expect a two to three month title reign at the most with him being relegated to the mid card for the forseeable future after that!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:00 pm

Daniel Bryan has pretty much gone from zero to hero. From losing nearly every match on NXT to being fired for choking Justin Roberts, to making a big return at Summerslam last year, holding the US Title, and now winning MITB. Who would have predicted that when he got fired after the Nexus Invasion. The WWE are obviously very high on him.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

They Could have Cena/Rock New WWE Title
WHC match
Bryan/Punk for punks title

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 20 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Bryan v Punk would be an IWC wet dream. It would be a wrestling masterpiece as well and from recent weeks I wouldn't say it is all that unlikely.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

Now that Bryan has announced he will go for the title at Wrestlemania, does this mean that we can rule out a smackdown superstar winning the rumble?

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

harryspiv wrote:Now that Bryan has announced he will go for the title at Wrestlemania, does this mean that we can rule out a smackdown superstar winning the rumble?

But then they could win the Elimination Chamber...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:36 pm

Just because DB said he'll cash in at the Rumble doesn't mean he will

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

I know its unlikely and wont happen but if wwe decided to what an easy way to turn Bryan heel just have him cash in before mania on a easy target champion .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Jul 2011, 12:07 am

I would hope that they don't do that with Bryan, I want him to cash in an honourable way, it gets a bit boring seeing the same kind of cash in happens all the time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

User Name wrote:They Could have Cena/Rock New WWE Title
WHC match
Bryan/Punk for punks title

Well I certainly hope Cena-Rock isn't for the title, after all, that way they get an extra main event and Cena-Rock becomes much more unpredictable!

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down