The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos

+8
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lumbering_Jack
AlexHuckerby
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
12 posters

Go down

The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos Empty The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

Here is Juan Manel Maquez KOing what appears to be an in shape bus driver, this guy goes down like he was sniper shot. Marquez looks good tho at the weight i think he was at 140 last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuAD5elt-Y

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos Empty Re: The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

1st round ko has got to be a confidence boost going into his next fight

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos Empty Re: The definition of overmatched JMM ko's Ramos

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

Marquez weighed in at 138 for that. What's the Pacquiao fight set to be at again?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

Scottrf wrote:144

Lose/lose for Marquez on the scales then. Come in chubby or be outweighed by half a stone almost.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:40 pm

no way should JMM come in at 144 he looke awful against Mayweaher doing hat, he is going to be heavily ouweighed by pac i suspect. JMM should just come in at 138-140 and do his best, he is bang up against it and will prob be ko'd for first time in his career which i hate because if this was even at 138 catchweight no way would pac get JMM out of there. But alas it is a big payday for JMM to take into retirement,

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

Think he'll hit the weight correctly for MP, but come on can he really expect to be able to do it at this weight or even beat MP nowadays? Big payday nonetheless - easy to sell fight considering the first 2 fights.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:45 pm

Manny could comfortably fight at 140. He knows Marquez is a handful so is opting for 144 to gain an advantage.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny could comfortably fight at 140. He knows Marquez is a handful so is opting for 144 to gain an advantage.

i agree witht hat, no way does manny struggle to make 140

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

Think he knows he has more advantages at 144 but think he would still take him out at 138 - 140 to be honest...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

The fights not till mid-November isn't it? Marquez looks good ATM and shouldn't disadvantage himself in any way. 140lbs seems a good weight. He needs to have fast hands, quick reflexes and quick feet and at 144 he loses abit of everything that he's good as. Mannys style will be more suited to manny than Floyd, Floyd made marquez look especially slow as he has such good defense, it's hard to look good against him.

On the fight, Marquez should have been put up against a dangerous (semi-dangerous) opponent. Ramos was a SFW i think and didn't help him at all except giving him a confidence boost which he doesn't need. He should have fought someone like Denis Shafikov who is a fast and heavy-handed LWW southpaw with a stature similar to manny but Marquez would win. A rematch with casamayor would also be beneficial and would help Marquez figure how to counter the straight left

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:02 pm

To be frank, I'd rather send Marquez a cheque for the £15 or whatever the PPV will be, instead of pay for the fight and give Pacquiao a penny. Marquez supposedly wasn't a viable fight to market when the Mosley farce was made, because Mosley was suddenly looking diabolical. Now all of a sudden Marquez is a great fight to make. Add the insult of having the fight at 144lbs when Pacquiao's team make frequent mention of the fact they have to practically force-feed him to keep him at welterweight. I've absolutely zero respect for Pacquiao or the team which surrounds him, not after his last few fights.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:14 pm

Yeah I think it's been a bit poor aswell and I have lost a bit of respect for MP for putting himself in such advantageous situations, if he came down to 140 and Marquez came up to 140 I think that would be fair but forcing the extra 4 pounds is cleary just to gain an advantage and it is completely unfair and a bit of a farce. Marquez full credit for giving this a go but I think it's just too much for him even at a lower weight in honesty.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:19 pm

A lot of people turn around and say "why should Pacquiao go down in weight and give any leeway?", but if that's the case why bother having any weight limits at all? Why not just have anyone fighting anyone else? If he's only going to take fights in which he holds some kind of advantage other than skill, then it's a pointless fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

I know what you're syaing BAati, but doesn't it sound a much better contest one going up and one going down? Especially given the fact that MP is P4P Number 1 and shoudl be proving that everytime he goes out if possible, and I tihnk that is possible. 147 to 140 and 135 to 140 sounds a much more level playing field to me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 17 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I know what you're syaing BAati, but doesn't it sound a much better contest one going up and one going down? Especially given the fact that MP is P4P Number 1 and shoudl be proving that everytime he goes out if possible, and I tihnk that is possible. 147 to 140 and 135 to 140 sounds a much more level playing field to me.

Thats exactly what I mean; I'm not disagreeing with you there. As p4p #1 he should be willing to say "look, I don't mind giving my opponent an advantage because I'm THAT good". As it is, his recent legacy is built on him and his team engineering bouts which have more in his favour than a casual glance would ascertain.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

to be fair this happening with alot of boxers these days, its not just exclusive to there camp. its a problem for boxing as a whole, and unfortunately i dont see it changing soon.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

Yeah the bigger name usually is able to get his own way it's rare to see guys put it on a level playing field to be honest... And usually a lot of the ones that are on a level playing field are the best fights.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:52 am

they try and get the advantage in thousands of different ways, coming to the ring 2nd, home advantages, less rounds, judges from certain areas, fighting at altitudes, catchweights, certain gloves, the list is endless. however agree that the suposed p4p #1 should be setting the example

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Ramos took a dive... look ay how he goes over then the moment he lands comfortably on the mat he appears out of it. That looks well suspect!

As for JMM going in against Pacquiao, I think its suicide. I love JMM and is one of my favourate fighters, but he isn't going to do well in this fight. Arum should be tested for drugs over completely obscene match making... he must be on crack.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny could comfortably fight at 140. He knows Marquez is a handful so is opting for 144 to gain an advantage.

Wo wo wo wooooooh.

Manny does not force bigger fighters to come in small or smaller fighters to come in big.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:

Wo wo wo wooooooh.

Manny does not force bigger fighters to come in small or smaller fighters to come in big.

Yes he does.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

School Project wrote:Ramos took a dive... look ay how he goes over then the moment he lands comfortably on the mat he appears out of it. That looks well suspect!

Williams was ko'd unconscious by Martinez and he hit the deck face first completely sparked. As you say, the Ramos ko looks entirely different...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:02 pm

Ramos took a dive IMO having rewatched this

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

You think? I can't decide but looked strange. Seemed to get caught with a good shot though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

dodgy looking KO, but think it was legitimate. Looked a decent punch anyway but you never know these days with boxing politics n all!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

The punch was good but the way Ramos fell looked very dodgy.

No-one will know, doubt anything on JMM's side to do with it as JMM was meant to steam roll him anyway, guess Ramos just though he's get an easy payday!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:

Wo wo wo wooooooh.

Yes he does.

No he doesn't. His team does though. As we all know, Manny's not capable of wiping his own bottom, much less negotiate the finer points of a legally binding document...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:

Wo wo wo wooooooh.

Yes he does.

No he doesn't. His team does though. As we all know, Manny's not capable of wiping his own bottom, much less negotiate the finer points of a legally binding document...

Ha ha! This is actually true, I mean what guy signs two contracts at the same time?!?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

Manny leaves everything up to his manager. Manny's job is just to fight. Manny doesn't have any say in anything. Manny certainly doesn't have a choice in fighting opponents who are on poor form, coming off losses or suspensions, or opponents who are being made to submit to weight stipulations. Oh no.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:You think? I can't decide but looked strange. Seemed to get caught with a good shot though.

Yeah, it was a cracking punch no doubt. Watch it in slow-mo. There's one angle where the punch lands, Ramos knows he's going down, he looks panicked by the power of the shot and is staring at Marquez as he goes down with his eyes open.

The moment he does lose his footing, he puts his right arm out to cushion the blow, falls over and has his eyes closed. It's a legit knockdown, nothing dodgy there, but Ramos didn't want to get back up after feeling that punch.

Everyone reacts differently to a knockdown or KO, but Ramos still had something in his legs, the moment he was on his back it was lights out... this looked as fake as they come.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down