The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City?

+4
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Enforcer
ncfc_Tooze
digitalshade
8 posters

Go down

Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City? Empty Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City?

Post by digitalshade Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:05 pm

According to WalesOnline Robert Earnshaw could be on his way back to Cardiff City after his contract ended at the City Ground.

Could be an interesting signing - there's no doubt he's still got goals in him and he's proven at Championship level. For a free transfer Cardiff could do a lot worse. I expect he'll be well received by the fans too.

It's win/win for Cardiff as far as I can see.

digitalshade

Back to top Go down

Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City? Empty Re: Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City?

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

confirmed on SSN, signed on 2 year deal

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City? Empty Re: Earnie on his way back to Cardiff City?

Post by Enforcer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Happy with that! I know he is 30 and no longer the player he was when he left us, but he showed in the playoff semi 2nd leg against Swansea that he can still make an impact against the top teams in this division.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

Earnshaw, Cowie and Taylor is a great batch of signings so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalshade Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Don't forget Conway too. Mackay doing some decent deals so far I think.

digitalshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm realy excited by the signings. Good players, but not superstars with ego's to match who will hopefully be willing to put a shift in rather than spend the game sat on their backsides moaning.

There are plenty of Cardiff fans however who seem to think as we've lost our big names that these players somehow will see us in the bottom half! I am more than happy to follow the Norwich and Swansea approach, no superstars, good work ethic, good football.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:39 pm

Hope it goes well for you guys this season. the signings you have made so far stand you in good stead

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Enforcer wrote:I'm realy excited by the signings. Good players, but not superstars with ego's to match who will hopefully be willing to put a shift in rather than spend the game sat on their backsides moaning.

There are plenty of Cardiff fans however who seem to think as we've lost our big names that these players somehow will see us in the bottom half! I am more than happy to follow the Norwich and Swansea approach, no superstars, good work ethic, good football.

I can speak for Don Cowie and tell you he's not a signing who will see you into the bottom half. He's one hell of a player and you're going to enjoy watching him.

We also had Taylor on loan for half of last season, and he was excellent too. He impressed during his stint and Malky tried to buy him straight after, even though money was tight

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

Earnshaw really isn't very good anymore. It'd be nice if he turned around but he was pretty poor last year.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalshade Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:22 pm

I'm surprised at some fans thinking that Cardiff will be bottom half this year. Watford played some very good football under Mackay and I think he'll try and bring the same style to Cardiff. I think they'll be around the play-offs again and could surprise a lot of people despite losing so many players this summer.

That said, it's going to be a tough league. There are a lot of good teams in there this year.

digitalshade

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:47 pm

the way i see it is that its another signing on the books for them, they will need to either make a good few more signings before the season or bring in alot of loan players again to be a force again in this division as their squad otherwise just isn't big enough to sustain a promotion challenge imo. They will up around there till christmas i reckon then they will drift off after that.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Thu 28 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

Good to see him back. He'll settle back in straight away.

Cardiff signed quite alot of young players - hopefully they are good. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:48 pm

Whats the deal with David Goodwillie? are Cardiff still intrested in him?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalshade Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

They were frontrunners apparently but it seems to have died down again. Rangers are still in the mix - could still happen in the next couple of weeks and Mackay has said he's looking for 2 more signings still.

digitalshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down