The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales World Cup Squad - Locks

3 posters

Go down

Locks

Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap26%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 17 ]
Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap20%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap26%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 17 ]
Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap18%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 12 ]
Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap2%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_lcap8%Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 66

Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Empty Wales World Cup Squad - Locks

Post by maestegmafia Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

Second row is still one of Wales' weakest areas. Not many to choose from, but more depth than for the last twenty years at least.

I guess we will take four locks one of whom who is also a back rower. Though may take four locks and a backrow/lock.

Bradley Davies (Blues)

Luke Charteris (Dragons)

Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys)

Ryan Jones (Ospreys)

Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys)

Lou Reed (Scarlets)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales World Cup Squad - Locks Empty Re: Wales World Cup Squad - Locks

Post by glamorganalun Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

I suspect we will have 3 locks and cover from R Jones and J Thomas, I would prefer 4 second rows and R Jones as cover. I would have I Evans as the 4th second row (if fit), he may be in the team by the time the RWC comes around due to injuries.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

I dont think Ian Evans has done enough to impress the selectors, but I thought he had some good games this year, its taken him a long time to get fit though, so maybe the RWC is still too early for him.

He is still a young player though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalshade Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:42 pm

I thought Lou Reed put in some top performances towards the end of the season and could be surprise choice. I'd imagine Wyn Jones, Davies and Charteris are pretty much shoe-ins and a lot will depend on whether they take Ryan Jones as back-row or second-row (or both).

It's a shame Evans has had so many injuries - he looked like he was gonna be top class before them. Still time for him to get back there if he can stay fit though.

A slight aside - is anyone else fed up with Wales (and the Dragons) using Charteris as a dummy jumper?? I know he's an obvious choice to throw it to but he's 6'10!! Throw him up high enough and surely no-one's gonna compete with him!

digitalshade

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:14 pm

I am not sure why coaches choose the dummy over the obvious? Same applies to other set pieces and the back moves

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:23 am

Very conclusive selections there.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down