The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Haye commits more to acting!!

+14
HumanWindmill
Rowley
beastfromthesoutheast
Fists of Fury
ReallyReal
eddyfightfan
Strongback
Mr Bounce
Bob
ONETWOFOREVER
TechInept
trottb
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Go down

Hope Haye commits more to acting!! Empty Hope Haye commits more to acting!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:35 am

Or else Brando, Pacino, Olivier will have nothing to worry about!!

Fair play he put on a bit of a show but succeeded in his aim!!!!!....

Take a huge payday, set up for life and all his facilities in tact!!!

Congratulations Vlad..You showed real heart and commitment...True champion...

HAYE retire Son....

Wrote an article some time ago asking if Haye will take the money and run.......He did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Hope Haye commits more to acting!! Empty Re: Hope Haye commits more to acting!!

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

Bit harsh Truss.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:55 am

Have to agreewith you on this one mate.

I can't see where he goes from here. I think he will have lost a lot of fans last night with that performance, the excuses and his apparent disrespect of Lewis

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Balls to Lewis, he's one of the most wooden, uninteresting people ever to commentate on sport. I've seen chairs that were more interesting.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:09 am

still adored by the fans though and stunts like that never tend to go down well

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

I must've missed it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:14 am

you chatting about the ever elusive G spot I hear you get that a lot Balti... Wink

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:35 am

It's a myth... Wink

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

The acting required to hide that brutally broken bone is worthy of an Oscar. Hayes tactics of standing 3 meters away before throwing a punch makes complete sense in retrospect, would you want Wlad standing on your broken foot?

Considering Haye (at I'd suggest 25% fitness) survived easily, if he had that extra explosiveness generated from his foot he would have won.

Notice the cunning mind games from booth, wearing the colour blue (meaning like in the Valuev fight he was cool calm and collected) then in the ring changing to red meaning AGGRESION! THEN (this is where his genius becomes apparent) then proceeding to fight in a BLUE manner, thus making the colours scheme thing entirely redundant, which must have freaked the hell out of Wlad.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

If his foot was that bad he wouldn't/shouldn't have fought..

If it was..... let's get his purse withheld....

Could of tried his luck inside..

Lacked commitment.....period.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:49 am

Haye should have worked the body. Wlad is only effective fighting from long on the inside he is very poor. Haye being the smaller man should have exploited that. You just know someone like Holyfield would have stepped inside at every opportunity. Haye does lack true boxing fundemental relying on his haymaker punch all his career.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Haye should have worked the body. Wlad is only effective fighting from long on the inside he is very poor. Haye being the smaller man should have exploited that. You just know someone like Holyfield would have stepped inside at every opportunity. .

How many people does Wlad have to beat for certain people to realise this is a little more difficult than it sounds. It's like saying all you need to do to climb Everest is put one foot in front of the other.

What does it matter what Holyfield would have done? Holyfield's magnificent chin was his get out of jail free card. Haye lacks that luxury.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:07 am

Bob you are missing the fact that fighting Wlad pr Vitali from long is suicide. They have long arms and use them to great effect but they are terrible on the inside opting to grab and hold. A fighter with a style like Frazier would have beaten either Klitschko or at least given them nightmares. Once you slip the jab you can get inside basic boxing Bob. Haye's camp opted to set up a bingo punch all night what a terrible plan.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

Bob wrote:What does it matter what Holyfield would have done? Holyfield's magnificent chin was his get out of jail free card. Haye lacks that luxury.

To be fair Haye's chin was not that bad last night night. That big right hand he took from Wlad would've knocked a lot of heavies down boxing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Bob,

There have been plenty of people carried up Everest and down by Sherpas.

If Haye had put one foot in front of the other he might have been in danger of hitting Wlad.

When was the last time somebody tried to fight Wlad. He'd beat Arreola but at least he's be given a workout.

Haye talked about the biggest fight of his career and his legacy but fought very nervously.

Personally I thought Booth was so pragmatic after the fight it sounded like he wasn't that bothered. He was walking away with 35% of Hayes possible £10M purse which meant he had just hit the lottery.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Bob you are missing the fact that fighting Wlad pr Vitali from long is suicide. They have long arms and use them to great effect but they are terrible on the inside opting to grab and hold. A fighter with a style like Frazier would have beaten either Klitschko or at least given them nightmares. Once you slip the jab you can get inside basic boxing Bob. Haye's camp opted to set up a bingo punch all night what a terrible plan.

I'm not missing the fact, just stating it is far, far harder than it appears on paper. Wlad has very good footwork, and any attempts to rapidly slip the jab and get inside result in Wlad rather deftly slinking back out of range and pumping out his piston jab again. Wlad is always on balance during this and ready to counter, Haye is rarely on balance when he tries to get in close, and is vulnerable to a hard counter if he tries.

His best chance was to hope he could land a bomb out of nowhere on the counter like Sanders did, which I think was his original masterplan, which explains the goading of Wlad to try and force him to commit.

I wouldn't back Frazier against Vitali.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

even if haye slips the jab, then jumps in and try to hit wlad and misses is shouldn't matter. it would look good to the judges and he is very unlikely that wlad will throw counter punches on his way out. after the first 2-3 rounds i thought that was hayes plan, but then 4th onwards the only time he swung was for miles away and he went on the floor every time. i don't think haye will be happy with that performance.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

I'm gutted, not by the result, but because I was fooled by Hayes BS hype, I genuinely didn't know who'd win because I thought Haye would attack and try and win the fight, in the end he's just Fraudley Harrison with a good punch (and we didn't even see that last night ) and by that I mean he has zero idea how to box and when he fights anyone decent, he'll hide as much as he can.

RETIRE NOW you cowardly fraud.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:53 am

ReallyReal wrote:I'm gutted, not by the result, but because I was fooled by Hayes BS hype, I genuinely didn't know who'd win because I thought Haye would attack and try and win the fight, in the end he's just Fraudley Harrison with a good punch (and we didn't even see that last night ) and by that I mean he has zero idea how to box and when he fights anyone decent, he'll hide as much as he can.

Doh I see this place is brimming with intellect in the aftermath of the fight, then. Jesus Christ.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by beastfromthesoutheast Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

Bob is right, it's hard to get on the inside against Wlad. Every time when Haye moved in on the offense, Wlad moved back quickly, it's very effective footwork as he was hardly ever within range to be hit. You can't just slip the jab and bingo you're inside, Wlad doesn't stay stationary.

beastfromthesoutheast

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:14 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:I'm gutted, not by the result, but because I was fooled by Hayes BS hype, I genuinely didn't know who'd win because I thought Haye would attack and try and win the fight, in the end he's just Fraudley Harrison with a good punch (and we didn't even see that last night ) and by that I mean he has zero idea how to box and when he fights anyone decent, he'll hide as much as he can.

Doh I see this place is brimming with intellect in the aftermath of the fight, then. Jesus Christ.

Spot on Fists always makes me laugh when people get so indignant and almost take the defeat as a personal insult. Let's look sensibly at Haye's heavyweight career, barely beat the god awful Valuev to win the belt, beat a shell of the ordinary Ruiz and then had a bit of a sparring session with his mate Audley. The reality as many were saying was he had done little to nothing to suggest he would beat a vastly experienced and rounded champion in Wlad. However as is always the case those voices were drowned out by the jingoistic too fast too powerful believers. Truth is Haye was a decent cruiserweight and pretty limited heavyweight who was facing a pretty dull but pretty solid heavyweight, the result went pretty much as one would expect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

rowley wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Spot on Fists always makes me laugh when people get so indignant and almost take the defeat as a personal insult. Let's look sensibly at Haye's heavyweight career, barely beat the god awful Valuev to win the belt, beat a shell of the ordinary Ruiz and then had a bit of a sparring session with his mate Audley. The reality as many were saying was he had done little to nothing to suggest he would beat a vastly experienced and rounded champion in Wlad. However as is always the case those voices were drowned out by the jingoistic too fast too powerful believers. Truth is Haye was a decent cruiserweight and pretty limited heavyweight who was facing a pretty dull but pretty solid heavyweight, the result went pretty much as one would expect.

Bingo.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Spot on. When it came down to it, size mattered, and made all the difference in this fight. Haye is very dangerous against somebody his own size, Wlad is a whole different kettle of fish.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

Rowley and Windy, you both predicted the result, well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

They predicted KO's Wink Don't give the old boys too much credit, haha.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

Come on Fists give me a break on the back of my Rhodes prediction I need to cling to even small victories

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

On the back of your Rhodes prediction I'm surprised the admins haven't imposed a ban on your account!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

He really did perform shockingly after all his mouthing off in the last year.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:54 am

Truss: you called it right as I did, gods knows where all the Haye fanatics have gone, that's the trouble with these internet forums all the fools mouth off big time before the event and when they've been found out with their school boy views on the on the sport of boxing they go absent for a few days ...........Dave 667 or whatever your name is well done you've made a total fool of yourself ....give it to me again about how Haye is going to land some real heavy shots etc etc, what did I say would happen...eat the jab Haye all night long.....

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

That's rich coming from someone that could only muster up the word 'faker'. I appreciate it may be difficult for you to string coherent sentences together after all the steroids you take to push those massive weights Wink but you could have been a bit more reasonable.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

I dont think its a black and white issue. The problem is that the two brothers are literally so far ahead of the competition that they are out of sight. Its uncompetitive and not fan friendly. Wlad was never ever going to be a crown pleaser nor matter who he faces but I honestly belive Vitalis style and chin would have meant he was entertaining with the right competition. Look at the Lewis and Sanders fights!

I think Haye, assuming he retires, will be remembered incredibly harshly. People will debate to the end of time whether the Klitschkos were actually all time greats lacking opponents or just the best of a god awful era. But Haye didnt fight enough divisional rivals overall to find his place in the division. Pre fight it was considered a "big three" with the brothers and Haye, post fight its categorically a big two with Haye being shutout completely. So where dos Haye fit in? A MD over Valuev and wins over Barret/Harrison/Ruiz make it hard to place him. Some will say he was just a complete pretender, others will say he good but just not on the Klitschkos level.

I would have liked to see him face the Chambers/Povetkins/Adameks to really form an accurate opinion because I still find it hard to say exactly how good Haye is. My opinion at the moment is that he belongs in the contenders bracket. Certainly a top 5/6 heavy but just didnt do enough o seperate himself from the rest to be considered far superior. Again you can point to cruiser and say maybe he really belonged there but when you look at the names in there and his c.v it still doesnt really make it easy to judge.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

I dont think its a black and white issue. The problem is that the two brothers are literally so far ahead of the competition that they are out of sight. Its uncompetitive and not fan friendly. Wlad was never ever going to be a crowd pleaser nor matter who he faces but I honestly belive Vitalis style and chin would have meant he was entertaining with the right competition. Look at the Lewis and Sanders fights!

I think Haye, assuming he retires, will be remembered incredibly harshly. People will debate to the end of time whether the Klitschkos were actually all time greats lacking opponents or just the best of a god awful era. But Haye didnt fight enough divisional rivals overall to find his place in the division. Pre fight it was considered a "big three" with the brothers and Haye, post fight its categorically a big two with Haye being shutout completely. So where dos Haye fit in? A MD over Valuev and wins over Barret/Harrison/Ruiz make it hard to place him. Some will say he was just a complete pretender, others will say he good but just not on the Klitschkos level.

I would have liked to see him face the Chambers/Povetkins/Adameks to really form an accurate opinion because I still find it hard to say exactly how good Haye is. My opinion at the moment is that he belongs in the contenders bracket. Certainly a top 5/6 heavy but just didnt do enough o seperate himself from the rest to be considered far superior. Again you can point to cruiser and say maybe he really belonged there but when you look at the names in there and his c.v it still doesnt really make it easy to judge.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:22 pm

Really unsure what the future holds for Haye. Hope he doesn't take Vit as it could be an embarrasing end to his career. Would being an actor work?? Not really sure but could be worth a try. He could potentially make a good few more quid mopping up the brit challengers in which i think he could fight & beat both Chisora & Fury before the year is out & i still think Haye is better than likes of Adamek, could they setup a money spinner (farce) fight against real deal? I think he's shot himself in the foot with talk about retirement but the next few weeks will be interesting to see what will happen to Haye the product.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:28 pm

Fists ...are you another Haye fan then, the guy's a faker ie he's a fake HW what's your issue with that statement....I called the fight perfectly I said Haye would eat that jab at distance all night and that is what happened ....where is your issue with that ....must be a Haye fan ....more fool you for getting taken in by David 'from the streets, I've had a hard life and I'm really tough' Haye....never touched juice and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop the stupid remarks about it....

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

I enjoy the trash talking side of boxing to hype up fights, so yeah you could say I am a fan of Haye fights, I wish more people were like it...far too many nice people in the sport these days!

Just playing with the juice joke mate, just found it funny when Truss mentioned it on a weights thread the once. You did call it right, and respect for that, but I thought you were also being a bit unreasonable in the way you put it above.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down