The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is wrong with stuart broad??

+6
LivinginItaly
robbo277
Gregers
Liam_Main
Masked Magician
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

What is wrong with stuart broad?? Empty What is wrong with stuart broad??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

will he ever fulfil his potential...??

not a kid now......can't get a wicket to save his life in any form of the game. test bowl avge of nearly 37!!!!

Shape up or ship out....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with stuart broad?? Empty Re: What is wrong with stuart broad??

Post by Masked Magician Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:48 pm

Bresnan will replace him vs India.

Huge error making him T20 captain

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

You must be glad that Bresnan/Tremlett replaced him in Australia because his figures were crud before he came home from there.

not sure he will be replaced...his face seems to fit!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You must be glad that Bresnan/Tremlett replaced him in Australia because his figures were crud before he came home from there.

not sure he will be replaced...his face seems to fit!
I'm West Indian my friend.

If he plays against India I'd to very shocked

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

He will fulfill his potential just going through a bad spell at the moment like most players do. If he gets dropped County Cricket will help him.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

Should never have been made t20 captain. Out of form and needs to play county cricket for a while. I say drop him for the rest of the 50 over series.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

Gregers wrote:Should never have been made t20 captain. Out of form and needs to play county cricket for a while. I say drop him for the rest of the 50 over series.
They won't drop him in ODIs buddy.

His average and wickets per game is the best of all English fast bowlers.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

Bare in mind people he was made T20 captain before he was out of form.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

Apologies magician....I'm American.. so I can understand you being insulted.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:58 pm

so 1/200 odd in Australia..is being in form is it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apologies magician....I'm American.. so I can understand you being insulted.. Wink
No probs buddy

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]so 1/200 odd in Australia..is being in form is it..[/quote

Broad bowled well in the series just not picking up the wickets he should of.

1/200 laughing Watch the series again mate.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:09 pm

figures weren't much better than that mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Broad's figures in Australia were 2/161 at a strike rate of 209.5 If you include the first-class games, he took 8/288 at a strike rate of 89.1. Hardly inspiring stuff.

Woakes to come into the ODI team now, Bresnan to come into the test team for the India series.

Broad is trying to hard to be the enforcer. On a flat deck with not much happening Broad can come on and play that role: short, nasty and aggresive. But most of the time we need him pitching it up and looking to swing it, that's when he's at his most unplayable.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:59 am

The question though is why is he always trying to play the enforcer role? Does he think he should play the aggressive role to rough up the batsman, or is he being told to play that role by the management? Personally I think it is the latter, hence why he keeps getting picked as he is following their instructions.

Agree with Robbo he is much more effective when he pitches it up looking for some movement in the air and off the pitch.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

You can be the enforcer if you have pace. Pace of at least close to 90 MPH. He doesn't have the pace to be the enforcer against quality batsman. He, on form can trouble the best of them with movement if he gets his length wright, but with his attitude that doesn't seem to be happening.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

I like Broad and i think that he is a good bowler. He is in very poor form at the moment and there are better options than him for the ODI team. His petulance is not getting better with age and that is something that the team management should seriously look into correcting.

On this form and this immaturity i would be very suprised if he will be picked against the Indians. They know his weakness' and will exploit them i feel.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

He should have a taste of a ban. the offense in the 2nd ODI should have brought him one. Yet again, he got away.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:59 am

LivinginItaly wrote:The question though is why is he always trying to play the enforcer role? Does he think he should play the aggressive role to rough up the batsman, or is he being told to play that role by the management? Personally I think it is the latter, hence why he keeps getting picked as he is following their instructions.

Agree with Robbo he is much more effective when he pitches it up looking for some movement in the air and off the pitch.

Exactly thats the problem. He doenst do it so much in tests as they have Tremlett and sometimes Finn who also offer bounce to intimidate the batsmen.
In ODIs he is the "fast agressive" bowler and according to Saker has the best bouncer in world cricket. In theT20s last summer when he was mixing it up with the bumpers and bowling well it was effective. Now sides have had a chance to adjust to that and hes horribly out of form his lack of genuinly fast pace is being exposed. The pitches and conditions in the last two games would have hardly helped him, but hes still been even less effectibve than other bowlers so that cant be a total excuse.
He hasnt been right since the winter injuries and isnt being helped by having to bowl in a role that doesnt best suit his abilities. He remains popular with the managment and coaches because he continues to try to do what hes asked and in the past has been a genuinl good and efective limited overs player with a good undersdtanding of teh game. They wouldnt have made him T20 capatin for any other reason.
But right hnow he looks hopelessly out of his depth. Then again so do the other seaomers, its only Swan who can take wickets in limited overs. England will keep struggling till they have a bowler like Malinga who get get out any batsman. Broad in hardly alone in world criket in not being Malinga.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

Malinga is a special tallent, and not everyone can become Malingas. That doesn't mean without being like him, no bowler can take wickets. Broad is tallented enough to be a successful ODI bowler. He's been there and done it before. The thing is that is he is out of form at the moment, and to add to his troubles, he has long standing attitude problems.
Don't think Dernbach is up to it at the moment, someone like Tremlett, who is a real wicket taker should be there in his place. Broad should be given enough chances to get back to form, but at the moment, his form is so patchy, that a spel in county cricket may be of greater benefit.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:27 am

When bowlers are as out of form as Broad is, they tend to try hard and generally bowl poorly as a result. This is not the biggest problem with Broad though.
His petulance is a very real concern. I dont like to players get bans but Broad must seriously be on the edge of one, if he hasnt deserved one already.
Personally, if i was the English management, i would drop Broad for a game or two as a warning for his future conduct.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

I wonder if his behaviour is a result of him being asked to play differently to how he would like to? Perhaps being the "enforcer" is having an adverse effect on his mental state and if the coaches are indeed telling him to be like Curtly Ambrose, perhaps his new bowling style is carrying over into his attitude.

While Broad can bowl 90mph snorters, he seemed to have a lot more success when he got the ball to swing. As I recall he used to bowl faster balls and bouncers for some variety, but now he seems to be doing it a lot more often...and the last few matches seem to show it isn't working.

I don't think batsmen get intimidated by fast bowling and bouncers like they used to and if the England coaches have told Broad to do this, I think they're making a mistake and gravely misusing a player capable of doing a lot more.

I was quite surprised by his outburst - he always seems like quite a laid back character when I've seen / heard him give interviews.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

His outburst is very in keeping with his on field persona, its by no means the first time hes been reprimanded. The trnatrums have been around since he started, and its been raised as an issue throughout his career. He now has a bad reputation, deserved or otherwise.
Asd yous ay it may be thats ome of this is trying to live up to a persona that the England management have asked him to portray. They want their bowlers to be agressive in manner as well as in actual bowling. Or it may be because he is easily frustrated and loses self control...most likely a mixture of both.

In terms of his pace, yes he is able to bowl over 90 on occassion but that isnt true express pace. He isnt as fast and hostile as say Tait or Malinga or anywhere in the league of a Donald or the legendary fast bowlers of the past ( whos speed was measures in a different way) He doesnt even get the ball to the batsman as quickly as Flintoff did in his prime.
If England want someone to rough up the opposition then Tremlett seems more naturaly suited, he looks a lot more intimidating too. Trouble is he hasnt been effective in limited overs cricket and even on current form makes Stewrat Broad look like a top order batsman.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 6:06 pm

I don't remember seeing Broad consistently bowling at 90 MPH. Fredye did, so did Harmison. Jones could also do that, and Saj Mahmood generated pace, although he never kept consistently on the right spot.
No other England bowler in recent times have demonstrated the ability to consistently bowl at or over 90 MPH. Not Tremlett, not Anderson, no Broad at all.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down