The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit!

5 posters

Go down

Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit! Empty Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit!

Post by Portnoy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:46 pm

censored
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit! Empty Re: Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit!

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:22 pm

I hate Andy Murray. Call that a beard?? That is the sort of chin-fluff you see on an 80 year old woman who gets on your bus, sits next to you, smells of wee and then talks to herself for the whole journey.
Given his talent (for getting beaten by better players every time he plays them), he is one of the most miserable people in the world. I am happy for him to be called British

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit! Empty Re: Oh fereffin effs sake Andy. Be a proud Scot - not a plucky Brit!

Post by Davie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:I hate Andy Murray. Call that a beard?? That is the sort of chin-fluff you see on an 80 year old woman who gets on your bus, sits next to you, smells of wee and then talks to herself for the whole journey.
Given his talent (for getting beaten by better players every time he plays them), he is one of the most miserable people in the world. I am happy for him to be called British

Post of the day

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

I thank you, sir. (Apart from those comments, I am totally ambivalent about the whole thing)

Last edited by InjuredYetAgain on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dear 606, please get a spell-check button!!!!)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

Let's do some rough and ready number crunching.

Let's assume that each cohort of 21-30 year-old male Brits is ~ 5m

And I've been waiting 50 years or more for one - any one - to win Wimbledon. That's ~250m have passed through the portals of potential. And not one winner - nor even one in the last two.

And that can multiplied by four for any grand slam (without going back to Fred Perry).

It's pathetic.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

I thought he was a Scottish republican who only played the "Brit card" when Wimbledon comes along in order to milk the support from the hordes of "Fans" who turn out to watch Tennis once a year.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

Last time I looked, and when I served in the national interest, we were all the bloody same, especially to the locals in places like South Atlantic, West Africa, Central Africa, Yugslavia and so on. So, I passionately feel we cram this nonsense and move on. As an American once said: We hang together or we all hang separately.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down