The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering Arguello

5 posters

Go down

Remembering Arguello Empty Remembering Arguello

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Hey guys, just so you know it is the two year anniversary of his Alexis Arguello's death today. RIP Arguello, very sad he didnt live longer to enjoy his retirement. He certainly deserved it

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Remembering Arguello Empty Re: Remembering Arguello

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

Hard to believe that it's already two years, Seanus.

If I remember rightly he died within a week or two of another high profile fighter though, to my shame, I can't remember who it was.

Wonderful fighter was Arguello, and a perfect gentleman outside the ring. His passing, and the nature of it, were very sad indeed.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

very well put Windy, i hate hearing about these things esp when a boxer is involved. If anyone deserves a long retirement it is boxers

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:i hate hearing about these things esp when a boxer is involved. If anyone deserves a long retirement it is boxers

Totally agree, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

HumanWindmill: If I remember rightly he died within a week or two of another high profile fighter though, to my shame, I can't remember who it was.
-------
Vernon Forrest I think windy. He, Alexis and Gatti all died relatively close to each other.

RIP Alexis, one of my favourite all time fighters and one of the nicest guys in boxings history.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Absolutely terrific fighter, caught his fight with our own Jim Watt on Espn classic the other day, have not seen anywhere near as much of Alexis as I would have liked to have but one of those rare guys who seemed to have no discernible weaknesses, as you have rightly said a guy who had earned a long and enjoyable retirement.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:HumanWindmill: If I remember rightly he died within a week or two of another high profile fighter though, to my shame, I can't remember who it was.
-------
Vermin Forrest I think windy. He, Alexis and Gatti all died relatively close to each other.

RIP Alexis, one of my favourite all time fighters and one of the nicest guys in boxings history.

Thanks, Sugar Boy.

Sounds daft, but I felt very disrespectful that I couldn't remember who it was.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:43 pm

rowley wrote:Absolutely terrific fighter, caught his fight with our own Jim Watt on Espn classic the other day, have not seen anywhere near as much of Alexis as I would have liked to have but one of those rare guys who seemed to have no discernible weaknesses, as you have rightly said a guy who had earned a long and enjoyable retirement.

Here you go jeff, if you've got a spare 15 quid this is a most worthy investment:

http://www.boxingcareerdvds.com/surname-a-to-j.html
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

Cheers for the link Sugar, am not sure my missus will be quite so grateful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:HumanWindmill: If I remember rightly he died within a week or two of another high profile fighter though, to my shame, I can't remember who it was.
-------
Vermin Forrest I think windy. He, Alexis and Gatti all died relatively close to each other.

Thanks, Sugar Boy.

I've changed the original post to read 'vernon' instead of 'vermin'. Not only does my iPhone sometimes make me appear illiterate by changing words I write, it's now making me look disrespectful of the dead!
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

rowley wrote:Cheers for the link Sugar, am not sure my missus will be quite so grateful.

No problem. I've amassed quite a collection from that site, good quality and reliable service, I highly recccomend them.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

Nice one Sweetie, i will have a look at that too. Need to bulk up my collection and sometimes You Tube wont do

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
-------

Thanks, Sugar Boy.

I've changed the original post to read 'vernon' instead of 'vermin'. Not only does my iPhone sometimes make me appear illiterate by changing words I write, it's now making me look disrespectful of the dead!

Ha !

Being a middle - aged and stuck in the past codger can have its advantages, Sugar Boy. I wouldn't know an iPhone if you clouted me round the ear with it.

Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

I watched the HBO Legendary Nights with him and Pryor just yesterday.

I've seen it before more than once but is a very good short documentary which gives a nice amount of background info on both fighters.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down