The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Festival Season

+3
Davie
TipToes88
sodhat
7 posters

Go down

Festival Season Empty Festival Season

Post by sodhat Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

So is anyone going to, or has been to any festivals this year?

What acts are you looking forward to most and which have you seen that blew your mind?!

I have been to Isle of Wight so far this year and I'll be off to Reading in August.

Foo Fighters at IOW were amazing -- first time I saw them live, and I've bought more stuff of theirs on the back of it. Pulp too were excellent.

I can't wait to see The Strokes at Reading...I just hope they don't overstock with some of the songs from Angles!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Festival Season Empty Re: Festival Season

Post by TipToes88 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

Nope I called quits on festivals after last years T in the P. Just can't deal with assholes blowing veuveallas or whatever their called and 6 in the morning anymore, I like sleep. Plus fed up of paying a tenner for a burger thats going to make me have to use the manky toilets...lots. That said I really wanna go to this one in the alps (can't remember the name off hand) where you get an igloo or cabin with your ticket and the likes of the prodigy and chemical bros are there.

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:44 am

I must admit my biggest issue with festivals is the sleeping, although at IOW I got far more than ever before. Probably because we were about as far away as we could be and no one else was around to keep me up!

The worst toilets I have encountered were at Reading. It was just a massive trough with holes in to dump through. If you were taking a wee you could see other peoples dump dropping through into the trough and landing in the rest of the rudey poo. It wasn't pretty.

I fancy Benicassim at some point, and maybe one in the US (if I could ever find the money for it...).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

None for me - too old for that sort of lark these days - but High Voltage seems to be the best this year (as it was last year) with Judas Priest, Dream Theater, BCC etc

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

I'd like to "do" High Voltage one year, but for the last few years I've been spending my dosh on tickets for Download and Sonisphere.

Download this year was good, but not quite up to the standard of previous years IMO. Def Leppard headlined on Friday and were awesome, as usual. Also saw the amazing Alter Bridge and Korn, as well as Thin Lizzy and The Darkness.

System of A Down were the main act on Saturday, but I mainly went to see Avenged Sevenfold, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick and Rock Sugar.

Sunday saw Linkin Park close out the weekend, but again I was more intent on catching Bullet For My Valentine, the mighty Disturbed, Bowling for Soup, The Cult, Buckcherry and The Cult.

I'll be heading south to Knebworth, the week after next, as the Big 4 of metal will be at Sonisphere (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer). Not a big fan of Slayer but absolutely love the other three.

Not sure how much longer I'll be doing it for though. The tickets get more expensive every year and I seem to feel that bit more knackered by the end of the weekend.

Tis a terrible thing to get old... Wink Sad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:I'd like to "do" High Voltage one year, but for the last few years I've been spending my dosh on tickets for Download and Sonisphere.

Download this year was good, but not quite up to the standard of previous years IMO. Def Leppard headlined on Friday and were awesome, as usual. Also saw the amazing Alter Bridge and Korn, as well as Thin Lizzy and The Darkness.

System of A Down were the main act on Saturday, but I mainly went to see Avenged Sevenfold, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick and Rock Sugar.

Sunday saw Linkin Park close out the weekend, but again I was more intent on catching Bullet For My Valentine, the mighty Disturbed, Bowling for Soup, The Cult, Buckcherry and The Cult.

I'll be heading south to Knebworth, the week after next, as the Big 4 of metal will be at Sonisphere (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer). Not a big fan of Slayer but absolutely love the other three.

Not sure how much longer I'll be doing it for though. The tickets get more expensive every year and I seem to feel that bit more knackered by the end of the weekend.

Tis a terrible thing to get old... Wink Sad

Don't think I've ever been so jealous than I am now. I'd sell my left leg to be going down to Sonisphere. Crying or Very sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

How did Rock Sugar go down? When I was doing my internet radio show I pushed Rock Sugar quite hard and we even got to do an interview with them! Great set of guys and funny to hear voice artist extraordinaire Jess Harnell parody my English accent

I even got their CD sent to me from America by the guitarist himself to play on the radio when I couldn't get it here in the UK and they also sent me a cool RS t shirt!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

Rock Sugar went down a storm. They seemed to draw fans of all ages...the girls certainly enjoyed dancing to their songs. Wink

I saw them for the first time at Download a couple of years ago and have been trying to get their CD ever since. Every time I checked their website, it said the merchandising section was under construction.

They are absolute geniuses, in my humble opinion and Jess is a master impersonator. Does an uncanny Axl Rose and James Hetfield, among many others.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

Glad they went down well! Very down to earth guys. The phone in interview we did with them was hilarious.

Do you follow them on facebook? I'm sure they'd love to hear about your download experiences. Tell 'em Davie sent you Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

We've got a rock festival coming to Bedford in September. https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=211826385527659

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:34 pm

Anyone else go to Reading and Leeds this year?

What did you reckon to it?

To be honest, thought the line-up was pretty poor, and barring The Strokes, Pulp, The Vaccines and Cage the Elephant, there was no-one I wanted to get out of my tent for.

On the plus side it only rained a bit and I got drunk enough to not feel the freezing cold nights and highly uncomfortable floor while I slept!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Tue 01 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

I'm a huge fan of latitude festival in suffolk.
If you haven't heard of it, give it a look. Quite a small festival around 30,000 but great friendly atmosphere.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down