The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten?

3 posters

Go down

Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten? Empty Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten?

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

A guy with a very good record who went his first 48 fights unbeaten and then lost his last 2.

I believe he holds the record for most consecutive LHW defences but don't see many big names on his CV i.e. like many German based fighters.

I've heard in the past that Jones Jr wanted no part of him and was it a case or high-risk, low-reward?

How good was he and would he have given Jones Jr any trouble in their primes?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten? Empty Re: Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten?

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

Jones was never going to go to Germany for the fight, likewise with DM to the USA. Jones would have had far too much, but still the fight should have happened just to silence those critics and beat the other clear best LHW around at the time.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten? Empty Re: Dariusz Michalczewski - Overrated, Under-appreciated or simply forgotten?

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

I think he could have, would have Roy starting a huge favourite but Dariusz was a decent fighter, one i rate a lot higher than the likes of Sven Ottke. The level of opponent he was facing at the time was similar to Roy's before he fought Ruiz and Tarver. I'm still not sure if he is overrated or under-appreciated though, i've certainly not forgot him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down