The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serie A

+3
AberdeenSteve
fantantonio
boomdangle
7 posters

Go down

Serie A Empty Serie A

Post by boomdangle Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Any fans of italian football on here, i find myself watching a lot of it on ESPN.

Juventus have just spent 40million turning loan players into permant moves.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Serie A Empty Re: Serie A

Post by fantantonio Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Yes, I try and watch as much Serie A on ESPN as I can.

Juve have been very busy in the transfer market so far

Frederik Sorensen 500,000
Andrea Pirlo Free
Reto Ziegler Free
Michele Pazienza Free
Marco Motta 3,750,000
Alessandro Matri 15,500,000
Fabio Quagliarella 10,500,000
Simone Pepe 7,500,000

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Looks like they are buying Lichtsteiner from Lazio also.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:11 am

So who do you boys support or favour, i have a few teams i like to keep an eye on.

I have always had a soft spot for lazio as started getting into italian footy when it was on channel 4, gazzetta on the saturday mornign what a great show. At around that time Lazio were making waves wiht Sven, Veiri and Veron.

I remember Juventus in 90's for there champions league exploits and was happy when the bald eagle lombardo joined crystal palace haha.

And out of the Milan sides its AC all the way for me, though when ibrahimovic was adding to his highlight reels wiht that back heel against bologna amongst others you couldnt help but be in awe.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I Like watching Palermo with players like Pastore, Migliaccio, Bovo and Miccoli. Delio Rossi also knows how to pick up quality players on the cheap like Josip Ilicic and Abel Hernandez.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 pm

I used to watch when it was on Channel 4 too, and I sorely miss both that show and the American Football round up that came after!

I still watch Serie A and my favoured teams in no particular order are Napoli, Fiorentina and probably Juventus.

I tend to find the patient passing and technical skill more engaging in Serie A than in Spain, and it's a nice alternative to the PL too.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Serie A is one of the only places you can still see teams play 3 at the back and such tactical variation unlike the EPL or La Liga when its always a variation on 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I also used to love that show on channel 4. Big Inter fan, with Ronaldo being my favourite player back then so i stuck with them. I like how Lazio are making a bit of a comeback.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 pm

The team I follow in Serie A is Juventus, not watched much Italian football since it was on channel 5 a few years a go, now just keep an eye on transfers and the league table.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:45 pm

I find it difficult to take Italian football seriously theses days. It's manly due to the dishonestly of it all.

It's well known in betting circles that come the end of the season certain teams playing against each other agree to fixed draws. The Sampdoria-Chievo match being a prime example. The game was taken off all of the major bookmakers markets after massive stakes being placed on the draw pre-match. On Betfair the draw traded at 2/1 ON before kick off and the game ended 0-0. Coincidence?

It's a shame because in it's day Serie A was THE best league in the world by a mile.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I like Roma in Serie A. For some reason whenever I play as an Italian team on FIFA or Pro Evo I choose Roma.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down