The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion?

+16
Doon the Water
theeldestboy
puligny
Humpyd
baboo800
Davie
drive4show
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
NedB-H
gaelgowfer
sharrison01
kwinigolfer
LondonJonnyO
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
little_bit_of_draw
20 posters

Go down

Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion? Empty Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion?

Post by little_bit_of_draw Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Morning all,
bit slow at work this morning so i thought i would ask the question, who has the best looking swing on tour?
i personnally like Raphael Jacquelin as his swing never seems to change from shot to shot and he never really "goes at the ball". Obviously young master McIlroy has a very good looking and effective swing too........

little_bit_of_draw

Back to top Go down

Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion? Empty Re: Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion?

Post by little_bit_of_draw Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHvuITOMTQ&feature=fvwrel

little_bit_of_draw

Back to top Go down

Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion? Empty Re: Which current player on TOUR has the best looking swing in your opinion?

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

Kenny Perry, Ricky Fowler, Jeev Milka Singh, Jim Furyk...... Wink

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

You should have said 'aside from Rory' as that's who everyone will go for!

I'm going to say Ryo Isihkawa - awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9mY8kYCwc&feature=related
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Who cares?

I doubt they do if they keep winning.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

No one cares but it's more entertaining to think about than accounts!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Elkington

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

Donald for me, if only for his composed follow through...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

Nice one kwini. No-one mentioned Couples yet?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

I was enjoying watching this one while he was in contention last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8brHfRokGJU

Quite similar to Matsuyama the Japanese amateur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1Xsaf832Q

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Couples is the smoothest, but In-Kyung Kim looks good. Whistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Rwo9-nuTY&feature=related
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

What are we talking about here? A good looking swing or a technically good swing?

Actually different things!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Quite like watching Natalie Gulbis myself Whistle

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:05 pm

I really think she is a munter Davie. Typical brassy Yank.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

SR, what about Anna Rawson or Morgan Pressel?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

Superficially attractive in a conventional way I suppose, but not really doing much for me. Bella Emburg everytime.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

Ha ha i can't argue with that!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

super_realist wrote:Superficially attractive in a conventional way I suppose, but not really doing much for me. Bella Emburg everytime.

I'm warming to Anne Hathaway. She's small and petite in a sort of tie her up and theres not a damn thing she could do about it kinda way. randy
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by baboo800 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Paula Creamer

baboo800

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

Guess this thread has gone off topic then Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Humpyd Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

Have always liked Peter Hanson's swing.

Similar tempo to Steve Elkington.

Humpyd

Back to top Go down

Post by baboo800 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Paula Creamer has a nice swing

baboo800

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Baboon, you must be a really big fan to post that twice! rose
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

The best looking swing, or the one you like watching most? Best looking is a toss up between Rory and Luke, but the one I like watching is Lee Westwood. Why? Because in my deepest dreams and wildest moments I think I might be able to do that! I can't and deep down I know that, but it is closer to being achievable and wonderfully effective.
Now if I could borrow a putting stroke - step up Rhys Davies!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by theeldestboy Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

little_bit_of_draw wrote:Morning all,
bit slow at work this morning so i thought i would ask the question, who has the best looking swing on tour?
i personnally like Raphael Jacquelin as his swing never seems to change from shot to shot and he never really "goes at the ball". Obviously young master McIlroy has a very good looking and effective swing too........

Got to agree with this one. The nice thing about Jacquelin's swing is that it's so effortless. Now, i know there's years of practice and refinment in that swing, but we could all do well to watch his swing and realise that, with most aspects of golf, simplicity is king.
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

I shall go for the Celestial Tour~~ Tony Lema.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

Lots of comparisons in the US media between Rory's swing and that of another Celestial Tour member, Sam Snead.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:26 am

Kwinni
I find that one a bit strange, I know that there is a big height difference but I don't see it.
Does Rory play standard length clubs as he seems to grip down on a lot of his iron shots.
This was something I used to do as a youngster and I tried it on the middle to short irons last game I played and it worked well.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

Some of the best ball strikers in the game at the moment, Anthony Kim, Garcia and Ricky Fowler are all quite fond of gripping down on clubs, although of course a shorter club is easier to be more accurate with gripping down will take some of the distance off too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

I've always loved watching Ernie Els's swing. I love the tempo of it and how effortless he makes it look.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

Doon,
Snead and McIlroy: I think they're referring as much to the uninhibited freedom of movement in Rory's swing as anything else a la Slammin' Sam.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

DLIII. Just seen, and indeed heard, him on a par 3 at the John Deere. Lovely looking swing that hasn't changed over the years, and the impact sounded fabulous.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Good call Smithers, I too have admired his swing for many years.

For me Goosen's silk like swing and tempo together with his general 'golf calmness' is very impressive.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

McIlroy is up there for me and not because he's just won the U.S. Open. Particularly impressed with his balance through and after impact; I've always subscribed that a good finish is indicative of a good swing before and through impact.

Ryo Ishikawa looks nice too in a classical way.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down