The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chernova gets it together.

+5
english_osprey
djlovesyou
lsabre
teassoc
armchairfan1
9 posters

Go down

Chernova gets it together. Empty Chernova gets it together.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 3:21

Chernova has finally got a series together! and has proven she will be a BIG threat to jessica now

she has just won in Kladno with 6773- 13.32/1.83/13.22/23.32/6.59/52.00/2.10.62

Jessica needs a big lead before that long jump and javelin! Chernova has never got it right in a heptathlon as a senior and finally has shown her potential with PB's that add up to over 7000 points and a higher score than Jess!

I think Jess needs a better class of athlete to push her over the 7000 point barrier and i think Chernova is just the person to do it.

Back to top Go down

Chernova gets it together. Empty Re: Chernova gets it together.

Post by armchairfan1 Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 4:09

I think Jess may struggle against Chernova In Daegu and London next year. Chernova still has not reached what she is capable but this shows she is getting there. She was down on her best Long Jump and she will improve in Shot put and 800m. I can see her acheiving a score between 6950 and 7000.

Jess on the other is reaching her peak in most events. When you look at her PB from last year and where she can improve I can only see a slight improve being possible in the Shot put and the 800m (her time will come down a by a few secs but that does not gain a lot of points). I see her maximum being around 6900 if she gets a PB in at least 6 of the events.

I think Jess best bet is that Chernova will buckle at the big competiotn and not put a whole series together but that is starting to look less likely.

armchairfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 4:53

armchairfan1 wrote:I think Jess may struggle against Chernova In Daegu and London next year. Chernova still has not reached what she is capable but this shows she is getting there. She was down on her best Long Jump and she will improve in Shot put and 800m. I can see her acheiving a score between 6950 and 7000.

Jess on the other is reaching her peak in most events. When you look at her PB from last year and where she can improve I can only see a slight improve being possible in the Shot put and the 800m (her time will come down a by a few secs but that does not gain a lot of points). I see her maximum being around 6900 if she gets a PB in at least 6 of the events.

I think Jess best bet is that Chernova will buckle at the big competiotn and not put a whole series together but that is starting to look less likely.

I disagree. Jess can improve in lots of the events. She'll be closer to 7000 than Chernova. Chernova is very dependent on the shot put and long jump.

Just think what her score could have been last time out with a 12.8 or 12.9 hurdles, and slightly better shot and long jump results. In addition, I also think there is still more room for improvement in the 200 and 800 where she pb'd last time out.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 5:06

Last edited by lsabre on Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 1:03; edited 3 times in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 5:09

By the way, here are the final standings from Kladno:
http://www.iaaf.org/wce11/results/eventCode=4744/index.html

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairfan1 Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 5:28

What do you see as her best possible score?

armchairfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 5:54

Lets wait and see how she performs in something slightly less low-key.

Russians tend to be very powerful performers away from the 'public eye'.

I guess she's someone you can hope for though flash, I'd rather you hope that someone would beat Jess with a great performance than Jess getting injured or something.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 6:06

flash

good for your personal agenda if jess sdould lose?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 7:54

You mean best possible score for Jess or Tatyana, Armchairfan? For this season, or overall as well?

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairfan1 Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 8:07

I was originally going to ask for Jessica Ennis for this season. Although would be interested to hear thought on would both could produce this year and possibly next year!

armchairfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 8:36

Well, provided she remains healthy I reckon that Jessica is going to score something around 6900 to 6930pts in Daegu all things equal. As for Tatyana, I think she might edge over 6800 but that is as far as I can see her get this season.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 9:46

by djlovesyou Today at 7:54 pm
I guess she's someone you can hope for though flash, I'd rather you hope that someone would beat Jess with a great performance than Jess getting injured or something.

New post by english_osprey Today at 8:06 pm
flash

good for your personal agenda if jess sdould lose?

I suggest the greatest danger comes from Hyleas Fountain more so in the Olympics than the Worlds, Tatyana Chernova as suggested does not have it upstairs to beat jess.

Jess has more to come on shot and longjump(6.65 jumer) and the javelin an event where I can see her pipping the 50m mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 11:12

Well I'm glad you've got multiple angles to hope for flash.

I know that Jess winning is a bad result for the likes of you.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by tootingmick Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 22:34

Steady chaps !
Don't want 606v2 to mirror the old 606 do we.
For what it's worth I've always thought Chernova
would be a big challenger in the future.
Jess though is such a tough competitor and if she
had to beat Chernova by two or three seconds over
800m to win a title she would.

tootingmick

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 23:33

I know not everyone on here was on the original 606 but that doesn't mean you (Flash) can change who you are to suit a new forum & win friends!

Evidence? www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/athletics

Hit any thread started by flash & his hatred for all things UKA & UKA related clearly state his desire for the organisation & anyone funded by the organisation to fail so he can pipe up with his rotten ABAC politics.

We're not mugs flash, we know exactly how you feel about UKA. Keep it off here and keep this board positive.

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 23:46

The old 606 is never going to be mirrored over here, TootingMick. I do know what a certain person is trying to do over here and next time he comes up with the same provocative comments he'll be shown out the door. Last chances!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 1:36

Good performance by Chernova.

But we knew she had the potential for a high score. What she hasn't done is produce the PBs when needed in the big events - Jess does.

Sure things can change , people get better , but I still fancy Jess when the pressure is on at a global championship.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger Rose Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 2:39

Have to agree with those who say that I would back Jess if it comes to a tight competition in Daegu or London. Chernova has all the physical qualities but not convinced she is strong enough between the ears.

I also think Jess can still improve in all the disciplines, with perhaps the only exception being her High jump. Even there she is still consistent at 1.90+ so she still gets great points.

The key for Jess is that her 1st day is so strong, that the rest of the field are always playing catch-up. Even if you know you have a strong 2nd day like Chernova that must be hard for anyone. And Jess' 2nd day is constantly improving. Fountain is the only one that can get anywhere near Jess on the 1st day & her Shot in particular is not great so she'll lose points there. So like Chernova she has to rely on a big LJ to put the pressure on.

Tiger Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sat 18 Jun 2011 - 3:22

Tiger Rose wrote: Fountain is the only one that can get anywhere near Jess on the 1st day & her Shot in particular is not great so she'll lose points there. So like Chernova she has to rely on a big LJ to put the pressure on.

Agreed.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum