The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole

+2
BALTIMORA
Union Cane
6 posters

Go down

Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole Empty Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole

Post by Union Cane Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

Has there ever been a worse boxer than Springfield heavyweight Lorenzo Poole?

Twelve fights, twelve losses, all twelve by way of knockout.

His record features names such as heavyweight champion John Ruiz, and hard hitting David Tua, seen here dispatching Poole in the first round : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wXcSYgeaJ0

Credit to him for getting up, less credit for going back down like he was descending a flight of stairs.

Poole's 'style' can only be described as, well, actually words fail me.

Only twice did he make it past Round 1, being KO'ed in Round 2 on both of those occasions.

Question is, why did it take him so long to realise that boxing wasn't for him?

His record in all its glory is here : http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=4881&cat=boxer

We salute you, Lorenzo Poole.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole Empty Re: Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

Least he had a 100% record...of sorts.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole Empty Re: Forgotten Not-So-Greats : Lorenzo Poole

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:31 pm

A modern great, unfairly remembered for his losses. Always mixed it with the best; John Ruiz, two-time world champion. David Tua, hardest hitting Heavyweight of the nineties. We could do with a few more like Lorenzo in boxing today. Unlucky to be part of such a strong era, think he'd do much better if he were around now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

Speaking of the worst, if Sylvester Stallone can get into the BHOF by pretending to be a fighter, will Audley be inducted when he retires?

Last edited by Michaels, Sean on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

He would have done Jeffries in double quick time though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

He's no Eric Crumble. Can't access Boxrec at work but if someone wants to do the homours his record and level of opposition makes this guy look like SRR

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

88Chris05 wrote:A modern great, unfairly remembered for his losses. Always mixed it with the best; John Ruiz, two-time world champion. David Tua, hardest hitting Heavyweight of the nineties. We could do with a few more like Lorenzo in boxing today. Unlucky to be part of such a strong era, think he'd do much better if he were around now.

Like to add that everyone Lorenzo fought had a winning record. Think the general concensus is that you are completely wrong Union. I think you owe him a heartfelt apology.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

Crumble finished 0-31(31KO), but he was a joke of a fighter, he made a career out of losing, he is a disgrace.

He fought nobody, and still lost.

No big names on his CV.

He also made it into the second on 10 occasions.

Poole, although he was hopeless, took the big fights, fought the big names.

Crumble is a joke.

Back in your cage, roley.

And don't even mention that Romanian feller.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:A modern great, unfairly remembered for his losses. Always mixed it with the best; John Ruiz, two-time world champion. David Tua, hardest hitting Heavyweight of the nineties. We could do with a few more like Lorenzo in boxing today. Unlucky to be part of such a strong era, think he'd do much better if he were around now.

Like to add that everyone Lorenzo fought had a winning record. Think the general concensus is that you are completely wrong Union. I think you owe him a heartfelt apology.

I think you misunderstand, I was celebrating Poole's achievements, as he was good at being hopeless, which is something worthy of recognition. Not like Crumble or the Romanian chap. They were poor, or mediocre at best, at being no good.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I think you misunderstand, I was celebrating Poole's achievements, as he was good at being hopeless, which is something worthy of recognition. Not like Crumble or the Romanian chap. They were poor, or mediocre at best, at being no good.

Ok, I understand now. I think.

It was more your opening line I take umbrage with but no hard feelings.

Yours,
LP

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down