The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detectorists

+2
superflyweight
mountain man
6 posters

Go down

Detectorists Empty Detectorists

Post by mountain man Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:21 am

Just got into this after catching a bit of Xmas special and then binged watched every episode from start.
Utterly brilliant and a shame as it could well be last.

As an aside, this forum a bit dead. Does no-one watch tv or maybe just can't be arsed to comment?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Detectorists Empty Re: Detectorists

Post by superflyweight Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 am

Detectorists is one of the best shows of the last 10 years or so. Very warm-hearted and such an easy watch and the cinematography is exceptional for something which must be operating on a relatively limited budget.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:07 am

Brilliant show. The c0ckfields is great in an equally understated way. The episode in the second series with the elephants bumhole is fantastic

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:20 am

Hibbz wrote:Brilliant show. The c0ckfields is great in an equally understated way. The episode in the second series with the elephants bumhole is fantastic

C*ckfields is/was phenomenal. The episode when the step dad dances in the nursing home is something else. Might have been one of the Xmas specials. Whatever, it was ball breakingly funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:00 am

I watched this, whilst I was on two weeks leave recently. It was recommended to me whilst I was away and then I had noted this thread too. I have to say, it is one of my favourite TV series' that I have watched. I found it so subtle in its humour and every episode (aside from the last special) seemed to be over in a flash, because of how it held my attention.

Edit, plus I really liked the track that supported it too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:25 am

Just finished the 3 series.....easy humour, relaxing viewing, very enjoyable.

The only thing that bugged me slightly was the big jumps between series and the unresolved stories. I get that this was what intentional, but never getting to know about the finds or the Africa trip etc left me wanting more!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum