The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???..

3 posters

Go down

Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???.. Empty Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 8:45 pm

I do moan about Dillian Whyte maybe too much ...Find it a little offensive a guy pretty ordinary earns big money while quality struggles for ends meat...

But he has improved substantially since he was owned by Joshua...I also think AJ's motivation isn't what it was now he is rich and set for life...Which is understandable...I also think he has lost the edge he used to have in the ring...He is a soiled fighter to a certain extent.

Lost the aura he once had for sure..

I am one of the few that predicts AJ to beat Usyk when they eventually fight...Holmes upped his rate for Spinks two and won that except for two blind judges..

If/When he does Whyte realistically is the only stadium fight outside Fury which will be hard to make..

It's a tough fight to call but Whyte at 250+ and lacking head movement is making me lean toward AJ but with little conviction...AJ has more power than Fury but less tricks and elusiveness....Vulnerable to a good hook as well.

AJ v Whyte...Gone from a one sided matchup to 50/50ish.

Be a good fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???.. Empty Re: Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???..

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 10:43 pm

Still more 80:20 Joshua for me, Truss. I think a damaged goods Joshua is still much better than a peak Whyte, and Whyte might be past his peak (whenever that was) anyway after those losses to Povetkin and Fury.

I'll admit it's been a long time since I watched any of their first fight back, but at the time I remember thinking that some were going a little over the top in terms of how much of a struggle it supposedly was for Joshua. Whyte did hurt him at one stage and stood up to what Joshua was dishing out better than anyone else to that point, but he never looked like a winner to me, and in the late rounds Joshua looked like he was having fun in there. Playing with his food, basically.

I'd rather see Joshua rematch Parker, which is saying something as their fight was a stinker. But with Joshua looking a little more vulnerable it could possibly be interesting if Parker commits a bit more and they have a referee who doesn't jump in every time he gets anywhere near Joshua's body, which is what happened last time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???.. Empty Re: Is Whyte vs Joshua a 50/50 fight now ???..

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:27 pm

I think Joshua is pretty overwhelming favourite as his money shot, the uppercut, is the shot that has poleaxed Whyte thrice is his career.
But Whyte is crude and Joshua has weakness in his chin these days.
Joshua would box Whyte’s head off, but if Whyte landed one flush and Joshua gets hurt - will he stick to boxing or will he try to slug?
Whyte’s only chance is in a slugfest.

Last edited by Jeff Navarro on Thu 09 Jun 2022, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:56 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Carrrrrrroooooooolllllllllliiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneeeee

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down