The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024

3 posters

Go down

Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024 Empty Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:58 am

Michael Andretti has officially submitted an entry to join F1 grid on 2024. The team will be known as Andretti Global. They would become the 11th team.

Back to top Go down

Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024 Empty Re: Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:13 am

Jeff Navarro wrote:Michael Andretti has officially submitted an entry to join F1 grid on 2024. The team will be known as Andretti Global. They would become the 11th team.

Good to hear. In my personal opinion - the more teams the better.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024 Empty Re: Andretti tenders bid to join F1 in 2024

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:41 am

Andretti joining could also fast track Mazepin Snr’s purchase of Haas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:47 am

Seems like FIA, in conjunction with the 10 teams, will block Andretti’s bid to join F1. Pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:21 pm

Hmm. Americans don't have a great history in F1.

I mean its nice that we could potentially have another team (would be great if we could get back to 12 again) but I wonder how long his enthusiasm will last if his team ends up like Haas?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:22 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Seems like FIA, in conjunction with the 10 teams, will block Andretti’s bid to join F1. Pathetic.

Any reason given?  Shocked Erm

Seems pretty ridiculous, given how hard it is to attract people into the sport.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:27 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:Seems like FIA, in conjunction with the 10 teams, will block Andretti’s bid to join F1. Pathetic.

Fia made some sort of rules amendment in recent years whereby a new entry must pay $200m to join. This $200m is equally shared amongst the 10 teams as compensation.
The 10 teams now feel $20m each isn’t enough to allow Andretti to cut their share of the existing revenue model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:45 am

Michael Andretti has ‘agreed a deal in principle’ with Renault to be his team’s engine supplier.
Ball now in FIA’s court whether the American’s offer is accepted.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:52 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

Fia made some sort of rules amendment in recent years whereby a new entry must pay $200m to join. This $200m is equally shared amongst the 10 teams as compensation.
The 10 teams now feel $20m each isn’t enough to allow Andretti to cut their share of the existing revenue model.

Jesus! Looks like greed is still alive and well in F1. picard

There should be no entry fee, above what is required to perform all the necessary checks that new teams are properly funded, staffed etc. Even becoming registered with FOM, the FIA etc. should not cost anything like that.

Why do they not just revise the existing revenue model to take account of having an extra team? Increase the prize money pot so everyone still gets the same amount. Why does there even need to be any "compensation"? 

Just ridiculous IMO.

If they got rid of Ferrari's £50m "Long Standing Team" bonus and the "Constructors Championship Bonus" payments to Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull & McLaren, that alone would free up over £150m.

New entrants shouldn't be forced to support established teams. That is just utterly wrong.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:02 am

Seems like with the Abu Dhabi investigation and changing of FIA President, they’ve passed through some other regulations on the side.

According to the FIA, the 10 teams are now deemed 10 franchises. As such mechanisms have been put in place that these 10 franchises cannot go bust.

Seems like despite the concord agreement allowing up to 13 teams, FIA has decided they are happy with just the 10 franchises.

Absolute nonsense to get a legendary name like Andretti out of F1

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:10 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Seems like with the Abu Dhabi investigation and changing of FIA President, they’ve passed through some other regulations on the side.

According to the FIA, the 10 teams are now deemed 10 franchises. As such mechanisms have been put in place that these 10 franchises cannot go bust.

Seems like despite the concord agreement allowing up to 13 teams, FIA has decided they are happy with just the 10 franchises.

Yes it is sad. At least McLaren CEO showing some humility saying he hopes Andretti's team gets accepted in and cannot understand why they aren't being allowed to join F1.

To me F1 has now become a money-making closed shop. And I hear no angst or objections to Audi sniffing around F1 or Porsche - seems like great hypocrisy to me. If a new team has the £200 million (way too much anyway) they should be allowed in. I hanker for the old days when we had 13 or 14 teams in F1 but I'd say those days have gone forever thanks to the current f1 teams intent on making it a closed shop.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:Seems like with the Abu Dhabi investigation and changing of FIA President, they’ve passed through some other regulations on the side.

Yes it is sad. At least McLaren CEO showing some humility saying he hopes Andretti's team gets accepted in and cannot understand why they aren't being allowed to join F1.

To me F1 has now become a money-making closed shop. And I hear no angst or objections to Audi sniffing around F1 or Porsche - seems like great hypocrisy to me. If a new team has the £200 million (way too much anyway) they should be allowed in. I hanker for the old days when we had 13 or 14 teams in F1 but I'd say those days have gone forever thanks to the current f1 teams intent on making it a closed shop.
The Porsche thing seems to be going quiet in recent times. Honda now seems like they want to officially return in 2026 - they reserve the right to takeover over the Red Bull Power-unit program as it’s essentially just a shell company for Honda anyway.

Throw in the Japanese government is under pressure from their motoring giants after Suzuki was forced to pull out of MotoGP.

As far as I’ve heard, Dr Mateschitz isn’t interested in selling shares in Red Bull Racing - VW group wants 49%.
VW group posted a strange statement saying Porsche will only join with a front running team - well Mercedes and Ferrari are works teams. And Red Bull-Honda is a winning partnership.

I don’t see how this will play out, but as ‘front runners’ that only leaves McLaren…

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 am

McLaren just recently have staunchly said the F1 McLaren team is not for sale. They spoke with Audi but as soon as talks moved to Audi buying the team the talks ended. McLaren are going nowhere.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:40 am

Are Williams sustainable?   They always seem to be at the bottom or near the bottom of the championship despite them being sold to some private investment firm called Dorilton Capital.  Someday I will need to look at how each team is financed and managed.   For last season Haas got rid of two experienced drivers and had two complete novices in Schumacher and Mazepin - seemingly willingly uninterested in competing but rather focused surviving.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:24 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:McLaren just recently have staunchly said the F1 McLaren team is not for sale. They spoke with Audi but as soon as talks moved to Audi buying the team the talks ended. McLaren are going nowhere.
McLaren will end up irrelevant if they keep thinking they’ll win championships being an independent team. I see no possible way McLaren will win championships when Red Bull(Honda), Mercedes and Ferrari are full works teams.
In addition Alpine are getting stronger and are another full works team.
McLaren either team up with VW or will just be a midfield runner.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:38 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:McLaren just recently have staunchly said the F1 McLaren team is not for sale. They spoke with Audi but as soon as talks moved to Audi buying the team the talks ended. McLaren are going nowhere.
McLaren will end up irrelevant if they keep thinking they’ll win championships being an independent team. I see no possible way McLaren will win championships when Red Bull(Honda), Mercedes and Ferrari are full works teams.
In addition Alpine are getting stronger and are another full works team.
McLaren either team up with VW or will just be a midfield runner.

Yes I get that and that is just a sad indictment of where F1 has gone. The days when independent teams used to be able to compete for world titles are no more. That is very bad for the sport in my opinion. It has become a closed shop and it has become an exclusive club (members only) which is not what F1 should be or was meant to be about.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:27 pm

Seems like FIA has determined Andretti name isn’t capable of bringing in enough extra revenue to be granted a place on the grid...absolutely pathetic if you ask me.

Furthermore on this, FIA has reserved the 11th spot on the grid for a factory Honda outfit.
FIA’s compromise is that Andretti and Honda pair up - non starter as Andretti has already concluded a deal with Renault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down