The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley

+10
lfc91
compelling and rich
Rowley
Daz
88Chris05
sonic_boom10
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
14 posters

Go down

Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley Empty Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley

Post by LivinginItaly Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/9080507.Angry_Khan_left_stunned_by____chicken____Bradley/?ref=mr

Is Khan just deluded or does he genuinely think that Bradley is running from him?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley Empty Re: Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

Khan is a disgusting human being.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley Empty Re: Angry Khan left stunned by 'chicken' Bradley

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:32 pm

Khan is right on a couple of points though. Bradley is NOT a big draw, the bout with Alexander sold appallingly. Khan is not a big name in the US, but even he is a bigger name than Tim. If khan did offer Bradley 50% of UK PPV there can be little doubt that this wouldve represented Bradleys biggest payday. The fact he is wanting to complete his promotional contract is of little relevance. Whether he did it for financial or boxing reasons, there's no doubt that Bradley has ducked khan. I'm no khan fanboy - I think Bradley would beat him, but Bradleys has dodged this fight whichever way you look at it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:42 pm

I think Bradley would beat him, but Bradleys has dodged this fight whichever way you look at it.
not the way i look at it, dan rafael said on twitter last week they had offered Bradley 25%, and that is wrong, go on his twitter as well to find this, i don't think this guy would say that for nothing, he is mega in the know. Bradley is rated higher, and is an exciting fighter himself, and very talented, he should get even money, and Bradley destroys him imo. I also think your out of turn saying Bradley is ducking him, mega out of turn at that, this kid came to England beat the man Hatton ran from the hills from, fought and beat a good champ in Holt, Alexander, both unification fights, if he was 'ducking' he wouldn't of fought Alexander.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm

I'm not saying Bradleys a ducker, I'm a fan of the guy and have always said he'd beat khan. What I'm saying is that, for reasons either financial or boxing, he is the one that has dodged this fight. I don't believe he's scared of khan - khans just not a scary guy, not the type people run from, but Bradley isn't covering himself in glory here as khan has made all the noise about wanting the fight and the best bit of info we can get about tims reluctance comes from Rafaels twitter rather than the man himself. If khan is trying to screw him (which wouldn't surprise anyone given team khans track record with negotiating) then Tim should come out and put him in his place.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:07 pm

Khan is the only chicken.

He should be having a rematch with Prescott, not a fight will a has been like Zab Judah

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:Khan is the only chicken.

He should be having a rematch with Prescott, not a fight will a has been like Zab Judah

A Sun reader, are we?

Judah may be a few years removed from his prime, but at least his prime contained world titles in a couple of weight classes and regularly mixing it with pound for pound ranked fighters. Prescott's prime consisted of a whole fifty-four seconds against a greener than grass version of Khan, and his subsequent form since then merely proves that he's not at world level.

The Prescott rematch could be a possibility somewhere down the line, but right now it's absolute foul to suggest that he represents a more significant challenge or fight than Judah, who, let's not forget, is a reigning world champion as we speak.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:24 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

A Sun reader, are we?

Judah may be a few years removed from his prime, but at least his prime contained world titles in a couple of weight classes and regularly mixing it with pound for pound ranked fighters. Prescott's prime consisted of a whole fifty-four seconds against a greener than grass version of Khan, and his subsequent form since then merely proves that he's not at world level.

The Prescott rematch could be a possibility somewhere down the line, but right now it's absolute foul to suggest that he represents a more significant challenge or fight than Judah, who, let's not forget, is a reigning world champion as we speak.
Rubbish.

Look at Carl Froch, he's desperate to get that loss vs Kessler rectified.

Khan is all mouth, deep down he knows Prescott will humiliate him again.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:

Rubbish.

Kessler is still a major, major force and player in the Super-Middleweight division. Prescott isn't that in the Light-Welterweight scene, and never has been. Kessler has only been missing from the title picture due to injury. Prescott hasn't been featuring there because he simply isn't good enough.

Big difference, as I suspect you probably know.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Tue 14 Jun 2011, 6:22 am

I don't think I would go as far as to call Khan a disgusting human being. Rather, from the little I know of him ( I lived in Bolton most of my life, have friends that know friends of his family etc) he does not seem a particularly intelligent guy. Nothing wrong with this, however, I do tend to think that he believes anything his camp tell him without questioning its validity. Thus why he seems to come out with strange statements on a regular basis, when other people might have actually decided to be a bit quieter if they were in a similar situation.

So maybe gullible or misguided would be a better description of Khan - but whatever our opinion is of him, we will still be watching his fight with Judah.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:34 am

88Chris05 wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

Rubbish.

Kessler is still a major, major force and player in the Super-Middleweight division. Prescott isn't that in the Light-Welterweight scene, and never has been. Kessler has only been missing from the title picture due to injury. Prescott hasn't been featuring there because he simply isn't good enough.

Big difference, as I suspect you probably know.

Comparing Prescott to Kessler! Heard it all now. Oh dear! laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:02 am

Think Khan is just a little naive in some of his public utterances. Not sure why the Bradley fight didn't happen but to say a guy who came over to the Uk to fight Witter and took a unification with Alexander is ducking him seems a little fanciful to me. There is plenty to admire about Khan such as the improvement under Roach and his willingness to relocate to improve himself but he does seem to have an unhappy knack of annoying people.

Just in the UK he appears to have upset the Hearns, Warren and Sky, solely based on the UK these are some pretty big players which you would have to say life would be easier with people like these onside. Personally my take on it is Khan and his team perhaps have an inflated opinion of his worth and the numbers he has done in the past perhaps do not reflect his own opinion of his value.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

As I mentioned yesterday, it seems Khan is having a mini-meltdown and is in danger of damaging himself irrepairably.

All it takes is for one more OTT outburst on TWITTER and even Golden Boy might think twice about whether or not he's the kind of person they want in their stable. If that happens, Khan is definitely up **** creek without a paddle. I say I wouldn't to see Khan reduced to signing with Mick Hennessey but part of me thinks it would be hilarious.

Maybe Amir could get a job with Sky putting up Carl Froch posters!

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

out of the two fighters, one has more history of picking right fights for himself and its not bradley. think this was just a bit of postering by khan camp. they must surely know that a fight with bradley would have to be 50/50

offering peanuts then calling the fighter a ducker for refusing it, sounds like calzaghe fans claims of roy jones and hopkins ducking him by not going to wales!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:17 am

Definatley wouldnt say bradley ducked khan, as that implies hes scared. More accurate is that he dodged it for financial reasons, but i think if both come through there next fights with a W then the fight will happen. Havent realy seen enough of Bradley to comment on who I think would win, but the general opinion seems to be Bradley is favourite so I will have to check out a few of his fights.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

i think you will find that amir khan is a man of eloquence and intelligence, I mean who knew that if you have a shower you get wet...one of his favourites

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

did anyone see him presenting an award at the mobo awards in 2009? poor guy

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

Timothy Bradley is just waiting to get out of his contract with Gary Shaw. He's not running from Khan. Just delusional nonsense from, Amir.

Last edited by WelshDevilRob on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

Do you not think Khan is angling to make sure the fight happens - just like he called Kotelnik the weakest world champion? He then got the fight he wanted?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Is he really ?

What about Chicken George, Chicken Licken, Chicken Bowe and Chicken Tikka ?

What about a rematch with Limmond ? What's Khan afraid of ? Limmond had him down and nearly out ?

Why's he fighting this Zob Jedi bloke for when there're these massive other fished to settle scores with ?
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

laughing

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:As I mentioned yesterday, it seems Khan is having a mini-meltdown and is in danger of damaging himself irrepairably.

All it takes is for one more OTT outburst on TWITTER and even Golden Boy might think twice about whether or not he's the kind of person they want in their stable. If that happens, Khan is definitely up **** creek without a paddle. I say I wouldn't to see Khan reduced to signing with Mick Hennessey but part of me thinks it would be hilarious.

Maybe Amir could get a job with Sky putting up Carl Froch posters!

i would even pay primetime £15 to watch khan putting up sky posters he's just gone well well OTT since the aftermath of the PM fight, i was a big fan and could get past the talk but he has lost me now i cant stand the guy.

and TB has his number head head right and khans lost all night.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down