The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A SQUAD OF 14 FOR THIS YEAR’S ROYAL LONDON CUP OPENER AGAINST YORKSHIRE IN SCARBOROUGH ON THURSDAY 22ND JULY.
Hashim Amla will skipper the side while Australian Tim David has remained with the squad on match-by-match basis after playing the final two Vitality Blast South Group matches. Erm
From a coaching perspective, Surrey will be led into the competition by Richard Johnson, who is stepping up whilst Head Coach Vikram Solanki works with Oval Invincibles in The Hundred, alongside Tom Moody and Matt Walker. Rolling Eyes
Rikki Clarke misses this fixture as he continues his recovery from his shoulder injury that has affected him recently, while Ben Foakes also remains unavailable Sad new signing Cameron Steel is currently self-isolating. SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP 1f633
James Taylor is named in a squad for the first time this season whilst Nicholas Kimber is named for the first time ever.
There is no place in the squad for Gareth Batty Headscratch
FULL SQUAD:
Hashim Amla (C)
Gus Atkinson
Tim David
Matt Dunn
Ben Geddes
Nicholas Kimber
Conor Mckerr
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Nico Reifer
Jamie Smith (WK)
Mark Stoneman
James Taylor
Amar Virdi
Don't like Batty as a captain but would always have him in the team in one day cricket ,no idea if that was his decision or the clubs?
Would not be surprised if we lose all eight of these games with so little left.
Maybe Kimber, Reifer and Taylor to miss out Headscratch
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and thegooch7 like this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by kingdaveeagle Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:26 pm

Bizarre having this at the same time as the dreaded 100.

kingdaveeagle

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS YORKSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Cheers, JimBob. Surprised the Club kept you waiting so long for the squad as there's hardly anyone else left available! Wink

You're right though about Batty. You just sort of know that he would pitch up and bag 2/40 from his 10 overs. Strange to exclude him.

Meanwhile, Steel is self isolating! What's that about? Please don't say we've signed someone with covid!

Agree with you about the likely three to miss out although your lad Reifer must be given a shot soon.

Yorks have named a 15 man squad. Even though they've lost a good few to the Hundred, they've still got a few 'names'. Strong on bowling with Bess who captains, Patterson, Coad and Olivier. Olly's man Ballance there as well to get a few runs. Plus - if he makes the cut - our old mate Mat Pillans. Smile

The only thing I can see us coming back with is a fish supper.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 pm

Cheers jimbob....is Jordan Clark isolating/injured/playing for England?! Strange about Batty indeed, and I hope Stoneman knows which dressing room to go to! I take it the mighty Dernbach is still on loan?!The captain, keeper, overseas player and Moriarty are the only 4 I could say are certain to start, but I probably agree with your 3 to miss out

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Cheers jimbob....is Jordan Clark isolating/injured/playing for England?! Strange about Batty indeed, and I hope Stoneman knows which dressing room to go to! I take it the mighty Dernbach is still on loan?!The captain, keeper, overseas player and Moriarty are the only 4 I could say are certain to start, but I probably agree with your 3 to miss out
Clark and Dernbach are in the 100 debacle

jimbobgooner

thegooch7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 pm

Cheers jimbob, shows how interested I am in that non event!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:56 am

Amla wins toss and elects to bowl. Surprised by that if weather is anything like here.

A debut for JimBob's lad Nico Reifer as Virdi is left out and we play the extra batsman. Taylor and Kimber also on the bench as expected.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Yorkshire 165 all out Shocked
Atkinson the pick of the bowlers

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Wow what a unexpected win that was Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Good win by Surrey reserves against Yorkshire youth!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:13 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Good win by Surrey reserves against Yorkshire youth!
Ballance and Pillans appreciate this Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Very good win - that Davids bloke is huge
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:11 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Very good win - that Davids bloke is huge

Just to belatedly add - a surprisingly (to me anyway) very good win indeed. Yorkshire's batting was naive and shocking but nonetheless a very fine Surrey team performance.

Did think we looked light on bowling options but that didn't matter at all in the end. That said, cricinfo confirms that David the Giant can bowl off spin which I didn't know.

Good to see JimBob's boy Nico Reifer given a chance after all his drinks duties and come up with a handy 26 at better than a run a ball. Maybe he should have been given a go in the Blast - like so much of Surrey's season, too late now!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down