The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
ShahenshahG
lostinwales
Pal Joey
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Infin / itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Classic Frichaelsing, rIcK.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by king_carlos Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Any other Brits feel some uncertainty on nationality? I.e. English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, British?

Utterly inconsequential in the scheme of my life but I was signing up for a Last Man Stands cricket league (basically T20 cricket on steroids) and it had nationality as a mandatory section to fill in but didn't have British as an option. As a guy born in England but raised all over the UK, settled in Scotland since I was 19, very much call Edinburgh home, have built a business here, mums family from Scotland, dads side from England, etc I'm genuinely uncertain these days. I wasted about 5 minutes of my life wondering what to put. Just gazing into space having a minor identity crisis wondering if I feel more Scottish or English these days.

I messaged a couple of my best pals hoping to discuss and was just informed that either way I'm still a pr*ck.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:26 pm

Most people on here identify as Northern.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Galted wrote:Most people on here identify as Northern.

Depends. Looking at GB as a whole Manchester is pretty much the midlands.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 pm

Have we started viewing Morning Tea Society as a nation state yet?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:15 am

Unfortunately our founder is currently modelling wedding dresses so we don't want to bring attention to ourselves by seceding from the United Kingdom. Maybe once his son finally kills him and enough time has passed.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shah, my friend, you forgot your 'fist'.)

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Unfortunately our founder is currently modelling wedding dresses so we don't want to bring attention to ourselves by seceding from the United Kingdom. Maybe once his son finally kills him and enough time has passed.

Will that confounded Julius will claim foundership

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Where's the 'sicond', you twat?)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:31 am

No, I prefer to be the power behind the throne.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:55 pm

I'd like to apologise for the lack of a 'sicond' in my post, as well as for the sicond 'will' which was entirely unnecessary.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:46 pm

Where there's two wills there's a way.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Not sure if I already knew this or just realised it, but there's a 'turd' in Saturday. Thus, the sentence 'I mishit a cross for Scunthorpe against Arsenal on Saturday' contains sh*t, c*nt, arse and turd.

Galted
Galted
Galted

ShahenshahG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Galted wrote:Not sure if I already knew this or just realised it, but there's a 'turd' in Saturday. Thus, the sentence 'I mishit a cross for Scunthorpe against Arsenal on Saturday' contains sh*t, c*nt, arse and turd.

That is the kind of brilliant insight that I frequent this site to read.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Cheers, LIW. Makes the weekend hours I put in worthwhile.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey and king_carlos like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 am

Monday Fist.

Mondays are like that. They wait until you are off your guard after a relaxing weekend and BAM!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 am

Sicond.

I've recently started dreaming about the next day's work on Sunday nights, which is quite annoying, especially as the work in my dreams is far more stressful than what it is in reality.  It's like doing a few hours overtime without being paid.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 am

Tird. The tennis section has completely ignored my post about my epic mixed doubles comeback yesterday in favour of Djokovic's victory. I may ban the lot of them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:19 am

lostinwales wrote:

Don't open this debate up again. We had a good six months of arguing about this a few years back. It got so bad, it forced Union Cane to leave the forum. Much to our regret.

We decided (correctly) that anything above Stoke on Trent is Northern. That is now a geographical FACT and I can't believe anyone has the emotional strength to revisit this. I certainly don't, even though it would present me with a perfect opportunity to regale us all (again) with my story of the strip club I visited in Stoke where one of the "dancers" had a very unusual way of smoking a fag and another one had an even stranger method of storing empty Champagne bottles.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:25 am

Galted wrote:Sicond.

I've recently started dreaming about the next day's work on Sunday nights, which is quite annoying, especially as the work in my dreams is far more stressful than what it is in reality.  It's like doing a few hours overtime without being paid.

I'm no expert on dreams but I'd wager that the meaning of all that means that you are probably well on top of things in reality even if you don't give yourself enough credit for it.

Had a disturbing one recently. The glass on my phone was in pieces and I was trying to get them back into the frame which was also broken in a couple of places. All this was happening whilst I was walking from some sporting venue (I had been watching the Euros the night before) to cricket practice (which I haven't done for a long time) and was acutely aware that I'd probably be a bit late... but that fact might escape unnoticed by the coach. I never got there though so I guess I'll never know.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:04 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Don't open this debate up again. We had a good six months of arguing about this a few years back. It got so bad, it forced Union Cane to leave the forum. Much to our regret.

We decided (correctly) that anything above Stoke on Trent is Northern. That is now a geographical FACT and I can't believe anyone has the emotional strength to revisit this. I certainly don't, even though it would present me with a perfect opportunity to regale us all (again) with my story of the strip club I visited in Stoke where one of the "dancers" had a very unusual way of smoking a fag and another one had an even stranger method of storing empty Champagne bottles.

Unforgivable that she just didn't take them to the bottle bank. She won't be seeing a single penny from me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 am

lostinwales wrote:

Its just my attempt to gain some sort of Northern legitimacy.

I was brought up in Oxford which is kind of Midlands/ South, but having now ended up on the outskirts of Manchester I have since discovered my dad's family and this area go way way back.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 am

You're all southern and just need to accept it. I'm the King Beyond the Wall and have proclaimed it thus.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am

Actually KC is allowed to claim northernhood, despite playing cricket. As is Rick because he survived 4 years in Dundee.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 am

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Unforgivable that she just didn't take them to the bottle bank.  She won't be seeing a single penny from me.  

She may well have taken them there for I know. They disappeared and I didn't see what she did with them after that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:12 am

superflyweight wrote:Actually KC is allowed to claim northernhood, despite playing cricket.  As is Rick because he survived 4 years in Dundee.  

My dad is Scottish. And I couldn't have a more Scottish sounding name unless I was called wee Jock McDonald.

I must be Northern.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:17 am

The army is growing!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:45 am

superflyweight wrote:The army is growing!

By adding Tino to the equation this averages to basically the French army. The closest Tino gets to anything Scottish is his dad sitting junior on his knee and telling him yer maw's git balls n yer da loves it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:50 am

superflyweight wrote:Actually KC is allowed to claim northernhood, despite playing cricket.  As is Rick because he survived 4 years in Dundee.  

My dad is Scottish. And I couldn't have a more Scottish sounding name unless I was called wee Jock McDonald.

I must be Northern.

Scottish ancestry seems to work like any European ancestry works in the USA. My cousins always play up the Scottish link for some reason even though that link went through 2 or 3 generations in Cornwall before they arrived.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tird. The tennis section has completely ignored my post about my epic mixed doubles comeback yesterday in favour of Djokovic's victory. I may ban the lot of them.

Probably ban all you lot as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:23 pm

My money's on Tino's real name being Hamish McTavish.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Jules - played any tennis lately?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Missed the match but my own mixed doubles comeback from 1-6 1-5 to win 1-6 7-6 1-0 was more impressive than djokovic anyway

Did your opponents retire hurt?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Galted wrote:My money's on Tino's real name being Hamish McTavish.

Close.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:34 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Missed the match but my own mixed doubles comeback from 1-6 1-5 to win 1-6 7-6 1-0 was more impressive than djokovic anyway

Good question, but in fact a championship tie-break is recorded as 1-0 in our league. We won it 10-4 or 10-5.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jules - played any tennis lately?  

None worth mentioning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Good question, but in fact a championship tie-break is recorded as 1-0 in our league. We won it 10-4 or 10-5.

That's good to hear, Jules. So you really ground your opponents down in the end.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:07 pm

Afternoon, all, are we all well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:15 pm

French Open final seemed to be quite a match. Glad Djokovich won as I'd like him and Nadal to overtake Federer's GS total.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

That's good to hear, Jules. So you really ground your opponents down in the end.

Tends to happen in Jules' age group. One of the other pair's new hip seized up and the other forgot he was playing tennis and went to run a bath.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Galted wrote:French Open final seemed to be quite a match. Glad Djokovich won as I'd like him and Nadal to overtake Federer's GS total.

Do you have something against Federer? Seems like Nadal is a nice enough guy but Djokovic - I am not so sure.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Tends to happen in Jules' age group.  One of the other pair's new hip seized up and the other forgot he was playing tennis and went to run a bath.  

Fair point.
Still, I thought it was fairly decent of Joe and Jill to take some time off from their busy G7 schedule to make a quick dash up to Solihull for the match.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:French Open final seemed to be quite a match. Glad Djokovich won as I'd like him and Nadal to overtake Federer's GS total.

Do you have something against Federer? Seems like Nadal is a nice enough guy but Djokovic - I am not so sure.

Don't mind him and he has provided some excellent viewing moments, but I can never forgive him the white monogrammed jacket.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Don't mind him and he has provided some excellent viewing moments, but I can never forgive him the white monogrammed jacket.

That's odd. Mine goes down a treat at the club.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

That's odd. Mine goes down a treat at the club.

That's because they fear being drowned in your moat or shot by your gamekeeper.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 pm

You see what happens when you add Tino to the Tartan Army superfly? You get bounced by the Czechs. Pft

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:You see what happens when you add Tino to the Tartan Army superfly? You get bounced by the Czechs. Pft

The moral of the story is don't put Tino in goal

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:07 pm

lostinwales wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:You see what happens when you add Tino to the Tartan Army superfly? You get bounced by the Czechs. Pft

Unless the net has split and requires sewing up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

ShahenshahG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Unless the net has split and requires sewing up.

His unveiling ceremony might have also defied expectations

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 am

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:22 am

Nice and early fisting Ricko. What's got you up early this morning?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:26 am

Got shizz to do this fine morning, mate, how you keeping?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next