The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

£25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !!

+4
MonkeyMan
Mr Bounce
Soul Requiem
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

£25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !! Empty £25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 8:12 pm

Disclaimer...I won't pay to watch Joshua against anybody but Fury...

1. Froch v Kessler 2 was a one off PPV event...Was a success so Hearn carried on charging for fights that Sky subscribers should get for free.

2. Cleverley v Bellew...Hearn tries his luck selling a supposed grudge fight with two guys who had failed against decent World Champions..It sold.

3. Usyk v Chisora....A little known quality foreigner vs the British James Tillis.. It sold....

Dillian 'Mr Average' Whyte...Laughable.

Now this "one off price" a 25% increase for the 2nd best Heavy vs Stiff is coming to a theatre near you....Joshua v Ruiz 2 was a one off too...

This sells we all know a lame excuse for £25 for all fights will ensue...But fools and their money.

Never got the appeal of "Spoilt brat but I'm street Eddie" who makes fun of himself while he takes your wallet.  

But then again nothing surprises me..

Haven't bought a fight for ages because PPV events should be for PPV fights...In my humble opinion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

£25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !! Empty Re: £25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !!

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 8:52 pm

Showing yourself up a bit by describing Pulev as a stiff, if only he was an American during the 80's.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

£25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !! Empty Re: £25 Joshua v Pulev...Will fans fall for it again !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 11:06 pm

Sort of reply I expected when I saw your name..

Bless.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 26 Nov 2020, 3:27 pm

Pulev is about as exciting to watch as Malik Scott, and only marginally more talented. I cannot see this going any further than round 5. I would actually expect Joshua to go for it and get him out of there much earlier. I guess one shouldn't be surprised as Pulev is an IBF mandatory, not exactly plucked from the top of the tree. And he has been waiting longer than Whyte for his shot - perhaps Eddie was waiting for him to lose.

This fight is not worth £9.99 let alone but I would imagine that with most areas of England being in Tier 2 or 3, Boxing Fans and readers of The Sun will lap it up as they can't go to the pub to watch it.

Say what you want about Eddie, but as a business man he knows what sells. It's just a shame he's fleecing the fans!! Rolling Eyes

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Nov 2020, 3:31 pm

Agree with all that Mr Bounce....If fans think this £25 isn't Hearn testing the waters they are crazy...

He will keep making excuses until it becomes the accepted price..

He might be as fake as you can get but he is certainly a very savvy operator..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyMan Thu 26 Nov 2020, 8:52 pm

Hard to believe we used to get to watch big fights for free on ITV years ago and now are expected to pay £20-25 to watch a standard fight. Eddie is ruining boxing for the real and casual fans

MonkeyMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 26 Nov 2020, 9:22 pm

A joke, like most PPV fights. I remember when Khan v Fagan was deemed worthy of PPV.

Tyson v RJJ is also this weekend - another £20.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyMan Thu 26 Nov 2020, 9:26 pm

Duty281 wrote:Tyson v RJJ is also this weekend - another £20.
Worst thing is it's not even a real fight what with all the "exhibition" rules that are in place

MonkeyMan

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 Nov 2020, 8:55 pm

Tyson v Jones jr type fights become no Brainers when a clown like McGregor taking on Mayweather sold big after a Top 15 P4P great like Manny couldn't get near Mayweather.

In an age where screaming "Dosser" ?? at someone a million times sells PPV

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 08 Dec 2020, 2:16 am

How many clowns paid to watch two has beens waltz around the ring and cling on to each other ? At least these two are active fighters and will be doing three minute rounds and are allowed to try and knock each other out.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Dec 2020, 9:58 am

We've got the massive PPV of Mayweather Vs Logan Paul next? I really hope this gets torn to shreds and makes nothing but I doubt that'll happen as people will pay for any old crap

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 08 Dec 2020, 10:41 am

He knows if he carries on at 147 he’ll get beat. Reduced to gimmick fights. Manny showing the better longevity at 147 still giving the fans real fights. Not a great welterweight Floyd

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:00 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:He knows if he carries on at 147 he’ll get beat. Reduced to gimmick fights. Manny showing the better longevity at 147 still giving the fans real fights. Not a great welterweight Floyd

Yeah right laughing

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:40 am

sorry Hermy but that's utter Love sacks. Manny is desperately hanging on to better his longevity which if he's not careful could actually detract from it.

Floyd is being Floyd and is showing his business smarts. why get punched in the face for 10 million when he can fight a youtuber novice and earn 50. I hate it and absolutely detest the fans for buying into it but can't fault him for looking after himself.

If either one of them is likely to end up punch drunk it'll be Manny (retire ffs, you've done enough in the sport). Both are probably the greatest of our generation but are in danger of destroying that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2020, 1:42 pm

Mayweather has done enough to take liberties though I won't buy this crap..

Manny and Canelo alone on his CV are enough to be a legend then add the other 15 years...

Top 10 p4p without a doubt.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 08 Dec 2020, 2:51 pm

Definitely one of the best of our generation and took apart the only other boxer that could have come close with ease. Top 10 p4p, all depends on what you like and I don't really pay attention to the overall lists.

If he was doing ti for charity or something i'd be fine with it but these 'exhibitions' leave a really sour taste in my mouth

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 08 Dec 2020, 3:30 pm

A rematch with Manny is worth considerably more than a fight with Paul, looking after himself gtfo

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 08 Dec 2020, 3:49 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Definitely one of the best of our generation and took apart the only other boxer that could have come close with ease. Top 10 p4p, all depends on what you like and I don't really pay attention to the overall lists.

If he was doing ti for charity or something i'd be fine with it but these 'exhibitions' leave a really sour taste in my mouth

Why when you are under no obligation to pay or even taking any notice would it leave a sour taste in your mouth?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 09 Dec 2020, 8:45 am

Except it's probably not Hermy, Floyd smashed records with his 'bout' against Mcgregor and he's still 'retired' as I don't think this will go on his record (same with that kickboxer fella that was tiny). A rematch with Manny at this point is only worth it to the Pac fans as the sport has moved on (IMO) and we need to be focusing more on other boxers now.

Souly boy. It leaves a sour taste because there's up and coming boxers struggling for exposure, us as fans are complaining the competition isn't there, x won't fight z etc etc yet pay through the nose for these exhibitions that don't showcase boxing talent. If any of them were co main events or support acts to a proper barnstormer that had a good card then i'd be fine with it but it doesn't.

I think boxing has missed a massive opportunity with COVID as we've seen that the money isn't there at the moment for the big fights (Fury/Joshua will not miss out on having a stadium fight filled with fans, it makes business sense). So why not throw the playbook out the window and actually have some great 50/50 fights (I must admit i'm biased with this a bit as a mate of mine was screwed over in it all). Build some fighters up properly and show that the UK is the home of fair even fights. Unfortunately we've had the usual robberies, massive scorecards that make no sense and nothing coming out of the other end that makes you go hmmmm I must start watching this regularly again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 09 Dec 2020, 9:03 am

Derbymanc wrote:

Souly boy. It leaves a sour taste because there's up and coming boxers struggling for exposure, us as fans are complaining the competition isn't there, x won't fight z etc etc yet pay through the nose for these exhibitions that don't showcase boxing talent. If any of them were co main events or support acts to a proper barnstormer that had a good card then i'd be fine with it but it doesn't.

You are not paying for these exhibitions so it's irrelevant, if there are fans out there that want to pay to watch Mayweather fight nobodies then that is down to them surely? You're grouping all fans into one group when there are a multitude of different types of fans, those who want meaningless exhibitions, those that want to watch the big fights and those who want to watch the up and comers, they don't tend to have a great impact on one another.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 10 Dec 2020, 7:35 am

Morning Souly, think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. My view is that if people are going to pay for these exhibitions and match up then promoters are more likely to set them up. And I would definitely say they have an impact on the up and comers.

Anyone seen that Tyler Goodjohns becoming massive in Bar knuckle?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Dec 2020, 2:43 pm

Jones..Tyson and Mayweather are true Kings of the sport.

They are the few who can carry off exhibitions and Jones needed a Tyson to do it...

As they will be few and far between these fights should they carry on...

Your concern I think is overstated, Derby.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down