The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Tyson

4 posters

Go down

Mike Tyson Empty Mike Tyson

Post by rapidringsroad Fri 16 Oct 2020, 2:13 am

Did anyone see an interview with Mike Tyson on TV in the last few days? I don't know what it was about as it was just on for a couple of minutes at the end of the Sports News on New Zealand TV but, Tyson seemed to be either drunk drugged or half asleep. he definitely didn't look like he was prepared for a "fight" with Roy Jones in a months time. His speech was slurred and hard to understand.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Mike Tyson Empty Re: Mike Tyson

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 16 Oct 2020, 5:07 pm

Hey rapidringsroad. How are you these days?

Yeah, I saw the interview you're referring to. Tyson did seem pretty off-colour and not totally with it, but who knows when it comes to him? One minute you're hearing that he's been off the booze and drugs for a long time and is living like a monk, the next he's apparently dicing with death and one binge away from catastrophe. Just as stories about his financial health also tend to fluctuate wildly. Nobody really knows.

I remember the years of around 1998 to maybe 2008 when Tyson really had become a bloated parody of himself. Always seemed dazed and confused, not really following what was going on around him - it was quite sad to see. This interview did contain shades of that. I guess for the time being I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, as it's clear from his physique that he's definitely been spending a lot of time in the gym recently and is presumably taking this 'fight' with Jones seriously. But with Tyson you always suspect he's going to hit that self-destruct button sooner or later.
88Chris05
88Chris05

rapidringsroad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm

Tyson is a manic depressive and as you know they are either extremely high or extremely low depending on how they wake up.

Certainly a harder condition to control when you have been used by all around you and apart from his pigeon fancying buddies its hard to find someone that hasn't used him.

As Manic depression lends itself to self harm there will be no shortage of material for Tyson to call on should the mood arise.

I have tremendous sympathy for the guy. Life can be tremendously hard for some people and especially now during lockdown. When escapism for many is severely limited.

Let's hope 2021 has some pleasant surprises.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 Oct 2020, 12:05 am

Fight of the year tonight and then some. Lomas biggest challenge by a mile. Hope you all enjoy

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 Oct 2020, 7:33 am

Mikey made the wrong move going up for Spence

If Mikey was still undefeated what would a fight with Lopez be worth just about now? Would be one of those megafights

Lopez/Mikey was always for best lightweight in the world for me

I think Mikey’s enjoying the life though and couldn’t boil down if he tried but topping Lopez would mark him down as an exceptional lightweight

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 Oct 2020, 8:05 am

Got to love it though

They’d convinced themselves that Lomachenko could beat Sweet Pea

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down