The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnson PM duration poll

5 posters

Go down

How long will Johnson last as PM?

Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap7%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap40%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap20%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap13%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap13%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Johnson PM duration poll Vote_lcap7%Johnson PM duration poll Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Johnson PM duration poll Empty Johnson PM duration poll

Post by MrInvisible Wed 27 May 2020, 2:03 pm

In the midst of current Covid-19 crisis and Dominic 'eyetest' Cummings failing to resign/be sacked, I thought it was high time for a fun poll and bit of crystal ball gazing.  How long will Johnson last as PM?  I'm assuming a 2024 general election.  I ran this for Theresa May and recall one person on here - dummy-half, got it spot on for their guess on how long she would last. I'll therefore be keeping a close eye on their prediction!

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Johnson PM duration poll Empty Re: Johnson PM duration poll

Post by MrInvisible Wed 27 May 2020, 4:30 pm

I myself think that following the Tory party's tradition for disposing of leaders in a coup, they will dispense of him when they feel he has outstayed his welcome (if you still have shares in 'Brand Boris' I'd advise selling now before they depreciate further) after he's 'done Brexit' at some point in next 18 months, with Hunt or Gove taking over.

MrInvisible

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 28 May 2020, 7:51 am

His only selling point was Brexit, so once we’re out good and proper and it turns out to be a disaster after all he wont be able to survive.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MrInvisible Sat 18 Dec 2021, 10:01 pm

Thought it was time to bump this up. The recent sequence of events - Owen Paterson, Xmas lockdown party scandals and now losing North Shropshire are certainly damaging Brand Boris. Could be a goner next year?

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 19 Dec 2021, 10:31 am

He’ll see out the new year but I’ll be surprised if he’s still there by the Summer. Whether he is pushed or jumps remains to be seen.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:38 pm

Going to be pushed before long now.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 07 Jul 2022, 12:08 pm

Well, he clung on a bit longer than we were thinking around the turn of the year, and didn't go for the reasons we expected, or at least not directly, but at least we are seeing the end of the bumbling buffoon.

One of the interesting comments I've seen about Boris is that while most politicians seek power to advance policy, Boris advanced policies to obtain power. It's back to the fact that he is not ideologically a Brexiteer, but he saw which way the wind was blowing and exploited an opportunity.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 07 Jul 2022, 12:17 pm

It was looking like Boris Johnson was very keen on sending Britain into economic and military conflict with Russia over the East Ukraine issue and recent soundings is that there is also a wish to enter into conflict with China, where China is now being presented as a grave threat to Western values and global peace. Maybe Boris, the Conservatives and the House of Commons should be focusing on getting Britain into some sort of order.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 16 Jul 2022, 8:16 pm

As Yvette Cooper pointed out in the Commons last week, Johnson slipped his civil service minders to have private time with the man he  enabled in to the House of Lords, Ledbedev.In Italy whilst serving as Foreign Secretary in2018 .That is Ledbedev , son of an "EX" KGB agent.

Nothing to see here though surely?

He was seen looking even more disheveled than usual the next morning.
Who knows what kind of kompromat was obtained to Russia's gain? This was all admitted to a select committee as they knew it was the only time that they could get him to admit to it, on the same day as the  last but one PMQs .He was asked how many times he had met Ledbedev, and he said that he had lost count.
It seems that his minders on this occasion were able to do the job that they were meant to , as one of them passed him a note that said 'stop talking '.
After the Sunday Times year in year out printed stories by nameless  sources claiming that Corbyn would be a security risk to the country like no other, it's weird how the public aren't aware of Theresa May having to keep Johnson out of the loop on certain foreign affairs as she didn't trust him to not risk national defense.
The reporter John Sweeney brought this up just before the last general election, but it seems that the concept of Boris Johnson actually being a contributive factory to Putin's net sum of knowledge of the British government is one that nobody is prepared to contemplate despite him blowing up everything else that he has touched
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down