The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong

3 posters

Go down

RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong Empty RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 04 Apr 2020, 2:04 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/52008503

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong Empty Re: RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong

Post by Luke Sat 04 Apr 2020, 4:57 pm

Good to see your surviving George.

It may do, but there will be a massive change. Catalan are already saying there close to closing down, and alot of championship and league1 clubs also.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong Empty Re: RFL CEO confident that Rugby League will come back strong

Post by The Beast Sat 11 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm

Hello Gents, hope you and family members are all well.

I do agree however I think there is a good chance we will see permanent casualties i.e. clubs disappearing or maybe merging, the latter of which might be easier to swallow.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 11 Apr 2020, 4:55 pm

As I hope you and yours are as well beast.

I don't think merging, I do think some will unfortunately disappear, especially the longer this goes on for.
Plus got to think, even if they give a go ahead, until the country is fully medically clear, are they going to want to allow crowds back in together and risk it going again.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 02 May 2020, 3:16 pm

I think we will come back strong, but there is a hell of a lot of work to do to do it

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 May 2020, 11:12 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:I think we will come back strong, but there is a hell of a lot of work to do to do it

Agreed I am not wild about changes but with "necessity is the mother of invention" in mind I cannot see there will not be any. The RFL taking back control and again I am not wild on mergers but for example Bradford/Dewsbury/Keighley combination is my mind better than losing clubs. If Bradford fold completely basically I am done but a merger might be easier to sell.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 May 2020, 11:18 am

Just to add that it is being reported that Sky will honour the TV deal so clubs might be more likely to play behind closed doors.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 16 Jun 2020, 5:01 pm

The Beast wrote:Just to add that it is being reported that Sky will honour the TV deal so clubs might be more likely to play behind closed doors.
That is good news that Sky will honour the TV deal

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down