The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606V2 Twitter

+5
Luckless Pedestrian
Rugby Fan
RiscaGame
LondonTiger
RDW
9 posters

Go down

606V2 Twitter Empty 606V2 Twitter

Post by RDW Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:43 am

For those social media minded, I've got the 606 Twitter account going again. If you could give us a follow and a few retweets that would be super!

@606v2R

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

606V2 Twitter Empty Re: 606V2 Twitter

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks for the follows so far!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:14 pm

RDW wrote:Thanks for the follows so far!

You dragged me into Twitter Sad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:17 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
RDW wrote:Thanks for the follows so far!

You dragged me into Twitter Sad
Prepare to see the worst in humanity.

Not sure my tweeting banter will be enough to make up for that..

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Too many Scottish followers on there, for my liking laughing

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Think, if you want to get that account up and running, you need to follow rugby Twitter. Not everyone will follow back but enough will, to build your own follower count. When you do tweet something, it'll have more traction.

Rugby twitter is

- Current & retired players
- Current & retired referees
- Coaches (seem to be fewer of these)
- Clubs
- Supporters accounts
- Rugby media
- Podcasters and YouTubers
- Assorted rugby pundits

You can easily get to a 1,000 followed accounts, and maybe twice that, without having to dig too deep. If only 5% follow you back as a courtesy, that's still nearly twice the current follower count. You'll also find your twitter feed becomes a proper rugby news and views feed. You can even group the followed accounts by category or nationality.

Once you have a working number of followers, then you could start picking out and posting choice comments from the forum with a link back. To be honest, people don't click on twitter links much these day but you might drive some traffic to the site.

I'm following you, but the way twitter's algorithm works, I might not ever see you in my timeline. I'd have to go looking for your tweets. The site gives more visibility to your tweets if you have more followers, and there is more interaction with your individual tweets.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:I'm following you, but the way twitter's algorithm works, I might not ever see you in my timeline.

That's not true if you've selected 'most recent tweets first', is it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:I'm following you, but the way twitter's algorithm works, I might not ever see you in my timeline.

That's not true if you've selected 'most recent tweets first', is it?
When you are following a lot of accounts, then that setting doesn't really give much more visibility if one of them doesn't tweet very often. You'd have to be lucky to be checking your timeline close to when the tweet appeared.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:59 pm

On the app (for me anyway), when I go on Twitter for the first time in a few hours, it opens on the last tweet I read, and says 'load more tweets' or something above it, so before I click on that, I just make a mental note of the last tweet I read and then scroll back to find it, and read them in chronological order from that point. But you're right about visibility.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:Think, if you want to get that account up and running, you need to follow rugby Twitter. Not everyone will follow back but enough will, to build your own follower count. When you do tweet something, it'll have more traction.

Rugby twitter is

- Clubs
- Supporters accounts
- Rugby media
- Assorted rugby pundits

You can easily get to a 1,000 followed accounts, and maybe twice that, without having to dig too deep. If only 5% follow you back as a courtesy, that's still nearly twice the current follower count. You'll also find your twitter feed becomes a proper rugby news and views feed. You can even group the followed accounts by category or nationality.

Once you have a working number of followers, then you could start picking out and posting  choice comments from the forum with a link back. To be honest, people don't click on twitter links much these day but you might drive some traffic to the site.

I'm following you, but the way twitter's algorithm works, I might not ever see you in my timeline. I'd have to go looking for your tweets. The site gives more visibility to your tweets if you have more followers, and there is more interaction with your individual tweets.

Give this man the admin rights to the 606v2 twitter account.

Seems to know his onions

and maybe his rugby?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 pm

PS, twitter must be working, the total users on at one time record was broken on Monday

Most users ever online was 1775 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 am

The previous record was back in the hay day years ago and I think even then it was a few hundred on at one time

Either Flounder is making a go of the forum, or there was some form of technical reporting glitch thats made him look good!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:Think, if you want to get that account up and running, you need to follow rugby Twitter. Not everyone will follow back but enough will, to build your own follower count. When you do tweet something, it'll have more traction.

Rugby twitter is

- Clubs
- Supporters accounts
- Rugby media
- Assorted rugby pundits

Once you have a working number of followers, then you could start picking out and posting  choice comments from the forum with a link back. To be honest, people don't click on twitter links much these day but you might drive some traffic to the site.

Can you clarify what you mean by Rugby Twitter? i.e. a specific account, or just follow any rugby based account?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 pm

RDW - he means rugby Twitter as a community of accounts on Twitter that focus on a specific subject. The bullet point list in his post are examples of the types of accounts that would be considered "Rugby Twitter"

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:31 pm

That's what I thought, but just wanted to check in case there was a shortcut way of finding them all!

I already have followed a number of accounts, but they're mainly ones I already know about from my own account.

It's good advice though - time to go on a follow spree.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:00 pm

RDW wrote:That's what I thought, but just wanted to check in case there was a shortcut way of finding them all!

I already have followed a number of accounts, but they're mainly ones I already know about from my own account.

It's good advice though - time to go on a follow spree.

One way to do it, is to look at some active rugby twitter accounts, and check who they follow. Examples might be @bloodandmud, @SquidgeRugby, @threeredkings, @alistokesmedia. The rugby accounts they follow, alongside Twitter's own "suggested accounts" function, will get things moving quickly.

The only drawback with that, is they'll come at you a bit randomly, which won't make it as easy to group them, should you want to do that. You could be a bit more systematic and go search out categories of accounts first (eg clubs). That's a bit more laborious but you get into a rhythm.

How you want to organize the account depends a bit on how you want to run it. The best twitter accounts are one with a discernible identity. Not necessarily that you know the person behind it, but followers know what it does. As you follow Scottish rugby, RDW, it might be an idea to have that characteristic. It's not much fun running a social media account if you don't feel engaged yourself.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Followed OK
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:28 pm

The main aim of resurrecting the Twitter account is to get more posters on the forum, and monopolise on a lot going on in the Twitter world around the 6N. I particularly want more non-scots posters - there's hunners of us Scots but we all know the other nations could do with some new blood.

I don't want to try and muscle in on Glove type territory, although I appreciate that kind of exposure would lead to more followers!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:32 pm

RDW wrote:The main aim of resurrecting the Twitter account is to get more posters on the forum, and monopolise on a lot going on in the Twitter world around the 6N. I particularly want more non-scots posters - there's hunners of us Scots but we all know the other nations could do with some new blood.

I don't want to try and muscle in on Glove type territory, although I appreciate that kind of exposure would lead to more followers!

That's not what you said on the secret Scots only page...I've said too much

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm

10 new followers today so far - even if that's just you lot it's not a bad start!

I approve any new posters to the site so will be interesting to see if it leads to newbies that aren't Russian bots.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:35 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW wrote:The main aim of resurrecting the Twitter account is to get more posters on the forum, and monopolise on a lot going on in the Twitter world around the 6N. I particularly want more non-scots posters - there's hunners of us Scots but we all know the other nations could do with some new blood.

What's the first rule of the secret Scots only page??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 pm

RDW wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

Don't let me create match threads?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:52 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

No thats the 2nd rule, the first rule is:

Thou shall not allow Jimbo near the quote function
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 pm

tigertattie wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

No thats the 2nd rule, the first rule is:

Thou shall not allow Jimbo near the quote function

No that's the 3rd rule - the first rule is don't tell anyone about the super secret Scottish section - I've already told you both that in the super secret Edinburgh section!

Should probably write these rules down somewhere...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 pm

The people of twitter have no idea what they're missing

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:04 am

EWT Spoons wrote:The people of twitter have no idea what they're missing

The People of Twitter have no idea what we;re suffering!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down