The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread

+25
Rugby Fan
Pot Hale
Yoda
bsando
tigertattie
RDW
TightHEAD
Duty281
Welshmushroom
BigGee
chris_501
No 7&1/2
bluestonevedder
majesticimperialman
Cyril
wayne
Blueschief
lostinwales
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
Noble-Surfer
LondonTiger
Gooseberry
mikey_dragon
RiscaGame
29 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread  Empty Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:00 pm

Wales v Italy match thread

Wales

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread  Singer10

Italy

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread  Singer11

Teams:

Wales:

L Halfpenny (Scarlets); J McNicholl (Scarlets), G North (Ospreys), H Parkes (Scarlets), J Adams (Cardiff Blues); D Biggar (Northampton), T Williams (Cardiff Blues); W Jones (Scarlets), K Owens (Scarlets), D Lewis (Cardiff Blues), J Ball (Scarlets), A W Jones (Ospreys, capt), A Wainwright (Dragons), J Tipuric (Ospreys), T Faletau (Bath).

Replacements: R Elias (Scarlets), R Evans (Scarlets), L Brown (Dragons), C Hill (Dragons), R Moriarty (Dragons), R Webb (Toulon), J Evans (Cardiff Blues), N Tompkins (Saracens)

15. Matteo Minozzi (Wasps) – 16 caps
14. Leonardo Sarto (Benetton Rugby) – 34 caps
13. Luca Morisi (Benetton Rugby) – 29 caps
12. Carlo Canna (Zebre) – 39 caps
11. Mattia Bellini (Zebre) – 22 caps
10. Tommaso Allan (Benetton Rugby) – 54 caps
9. Callum Braley (Gloucester) – 5 caps

1. Giosuè Zilocchi (Zebre) – 2 caps
2. Luca Bigi (c) (Zebre) – 24 caps
3. Andrea Lovotti (Zebre) – 40 caps
4. Alessandro Zanni (Benetton Rugby) – 117 caps
5. Niccolò Cannone (Benetton Rugby) – uncapped
6. Sebastian Negri (Benetton Rugby) – 22 caps
7. Jake Polledri (Gloucester) – 13 caps
8. Abraham Steyn (Benetton Rugby) – 36 caps

Replacements

16. Federico Zani (Benetton Rugby) – 13 caps
17. Danilo Fischetti (Zebre) – uncapped
18. Marco Riccioni (Benetton Rugby) – 7 caps
19. Marco Lazzaroni (Benetton Rugby) – 4 caps
20. Dean Budd (Benetton Rugby) – 26 caps
21. Giovanni Licata (Zebre) – 8 caps
22. Guglielmo Palazzani (Zebre) – 36 caps
23. Jayden Hayward (Benetton Rugby) – 23 caps

Last edited by The Oracle on Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread  Empty Re: Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:04 pm

Who are we expecting back from injury?  And more importantly, will they be players that Pivac would want to pick?  

I’m hoping he recalls Rob Evans and possibly Samson Lee from their World Cup exile (I know he did for the BaaBaas).  I wouldn’t be against Scott Williams being recalled.  Might we see Tomos Williams take over Gareth Davies as the obvious in form 9, or might Pivac stick with the player he knows best?

Last edited by The Oracle on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread  Empty Re: Wales v Italy 6 Nations - Saturday 1st Feb 2020 - match thread

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

I quite like the look of:

Wyn Jones
Owens
Francis
Ball
AWJ
Shingler
Tipuric
Wainwright
Tomos Williams
Can’t decide and not sure who’s fit!
Adams
Parkes (for now)
Watkin
North
Halfpenny

Not sure if that back row is a bit too mobile and not attritional/physical enough? Need balance but I think Moriarty has gone backwards slightly and doesn’t offer enough. But maybe mobile will be a feature of the Pivac reign, and Faletau would fit back in nicely to that.

Been really impressed with Wyn Jones (prop) and Jake Ball lately. Ball a genuine carrying threat and always gets over the gain line. Jones seems good in the loose and very capable in the scrum. Good to have Hill back on the pitch this weekend as, for me (Dragons bias and all that, Miaow Wink ), I prefer him to Beard. But good to have 4 decent fit locks.

Centre is a concern. I’m looking forward to seeing how Willis Halaholo does. Rate him highly and plays the game how I like. But we’re not going to see him for a long while by the sounds of it so centre might be our Achilles heel and problem area this 6N.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:42 pm

Probably not far off at all, with that team. I can’t see Hill coming straight back in, even if he has had a few games by then. Ball deserves to keep his starting place. Hill on the bench for me.

Is Francis fit by then? I guess it must be pretty close?

Last edited by RiscaGame on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:53 pm

Oh, forgot about Francis’ injury to be honest. Whoops!

Dillon Lewis didn’t look quite so good in the scrum but not too bad. Hope he kicks on. Who else is a reasonable TH shout?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm

Current prop crop (LH and TH) seems to be Tomas Francis, Samson Lee, Dillon Lewis, Rob Evans, Rhys Carre, Leon Brown, Nicky Smith - in no particular order. Getting them all fit is obviously nigh on impossible but we should be able to get a decent front row out of that lot, and with room to work on some of them too (Brown and Smith, for example). Any good fringe props about to emerge?

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm

Hoping to see some different players given a shot, the likes of McNicholl over North in the backs, and John up front. Still not convinced that Watkin is a good 13, we’ll have to see. Hardy over Aled too. 

Current absentees off the top of my head are Francis, Shingler, Jenkins, Navidi, Faletau, Patchell, Anscombe, Davies. A few are returning or set to return by Feb which is a bit close to the 6N. Anscombe and JD2 are long-term I think. Two fly-halves out leaves us with Evans and Biggar. Jarrod may even be the starter.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:43 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Hoping to see some different players given a shot, the likes of McNicholl over North in the backs, and John up front. Still not convinced that Watkin is a good 13, we’ll have to see. Hardy over Aled too. 

Current absentees off the top of my head are Francis, Shingler, Jenkins, Navidi, Faletau, Patchell, Anscombe, Davies. A few are returning or set to return by Feb which is a bit close to the 6N. Anscombe and JD2 are long-term I think. Two fly-halves out leaves us with Evans and Biggar. Jarrod may even be the starter.

Agree about Watkin. I know I’ve put him in my team but never really been that convinced. He’s a bit like Morgan Allen for me - just never really convinced and always a bit surprised he got test caps. But just not sure there’s a suitable replacement currently. If Scott W found form I’d have him over Watkin. And like I said Halaholo would be an exciting prospect in the 13 channel. Saw an interesting age/experience Tweet earlier - Parkes and JD2 are both 32. Scott W is 29. The after that you’re down in the 23s for Watkin and other contenders coming through are barely out of their teens! A real problem area going forward I feel. Maybe Jamie Roberts will make a comeback!

Jarrod looked good v BaaBaas, which in itself is not really a good indicator as they’re a ‘fun’ side often without much structure. But having Tomos W inside seemed to do him the world of good over Aled, as I think we all said previously when they played together and struggled. A nice club combo that could bear some fruit if our other no. 10 options are injured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

miaow wrote:Oh I get why you're doing it. Toxic.

Get over yourself! If you think this is some ploy then you’re mistaken. I’ve tried discussing stuff on that thread only to be told its not relevant and have been directed elsewhere. Happy to discuss Wales, but tonight I really want to discuss the next game. Which is the Italy game in 7 weeks. So kinda felt like a thread of its own was needed as you’d probably moan and set up a thread and direct us away anyway if we weren’t discussing ‘Pivac, Grand Slams, beyond and post-WC stuff’. No malice intended. (Can’t honestly believe I need to justify discussing rugby on a rugby discussion forum, but hey ho. Such is life on 606 Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm

Roberts I feel would be a good option if he’s still playing how I saw him a few weeks ago. We seem to be lacking 13’s. Watkin is a 12 and started his pro career playing very well in that position, he hasn’t looked as good playing 13.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 12 Dec 2019, 11:04 pm

How bad is Liam Williams’ injury? Pivac converted JM to 15 and now he plays around the back 3, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for Wales.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 13 Dec 2019, 8:01 am

How many Dragons players do we expect to get selected for Wales?

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:11 am

Gooseberry wrote:How many Dragons players do we expect to get selected for Wales?

Difficult to say now with a new coach. But in terms of the whole 6N squad I'd expect perhaps:

Cory Hill, Elliot Dee, Ross Moriarty, Aaron Wainwright, Leon Brown.

Outside possibilities (but lots of competition so not that likely unless lots of injuries) - Ollie Griffiths, Taine Basham, Sam Davies, Ashton Hewitt. They've all been in and around the extended squad previously but plenty of players in front of them currently.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:12 am

In the 23 for Italy, probably 3 (Dee, Hill and Wainwright).

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:37 am

mikey_dragon wrote:How bad is Liam Williams’ injury? Pivac converted JM to 15 and now he plays around the back 3, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for Wales.

Doubt we will see Williams back before March - if he gets fit early enough Sarries may loan him to a region.

How long is Moriarty out for?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:52 am

LondonTiger wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:How bad is Liam Williams’ injury? Pivac converted JM to 15 and now he plays around the back 3, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for Wales.

Doubt we will see Williams back before March - if he gets fit early enough Sarries may loan him to a region.

How long is Moriarty out for?

Is that a real possibility? I take it that's to get under the salary cap???!

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 13 Dec 2019, 10:20 am

Yeah, that is my theory.

The initial theory was that he would be out for 3 months following surgery in early November. Then he has to try and get fit. Saracens could certainly use him in the team during those early 6Ns rounds but if they have overtaken Tigers by then may decide it is easier on them (and with Alex Goode possibly back by then) to try and get him playing elsewhere.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 13 Dec 2019, 10:37 am

Owen Watkin possibly set to be unavailable.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2019, 11:05 am

And that's the one position we're really light in Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 13 Dec 2019, 3:07 pm

I thought Wales were quite heavy Whistle

Which centers are actually going to be fit? I cant see it being a problem rolling Italy over but looking beyond that game could be one.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 13 Dec 2019, 4:03 pm

In which case there could certainly be a recall for Roberts. Perhaps Scott Williams too, but then you just have a player with woeful form being expected to play a high level. There's also Warren who is a 13, and North has played there before. North doesn't do enough on the wing for me, and seems to have stagnated/gone backwards. Shifting George inwards would hopefully see both him and the team utilise his attributes. So when looking at the availability of players it's still 13 where we're too light.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:33 pm

So, is it too early to resurrect this thread now? It caused offence last time Sad

Specifically for the Italy game, as it’s only just over 2 weeks away, what sort 1st XV do you think we can make from the squad announced today? And more importantly, who do you think Pivac will go for in his first XV?

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:42 pm

It will be interesting to see the team. Still time for injuries, and the English based players will have less time in camp both before and during the tournament.

Pivac will want to make a statement win in this first game, so I expect to see closer to a full strength side than usual for this fixture.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Wed 15 Jan 2020, 1:34 pm

LondonTiger wrote:It will be interesting to see the team. Still time for injuries, and the English based players will have less time in camp both before and during the tournament.

Pivac will want to make a statement win in this first game, so I expect to see closer to a full strength side than usual for this fixture.

Yeah, Pivac will want to make a statement in his first game, so will probably name a stronger than normal side vs Italy. Having said that, as it's the first game, I think naming a strong side is probably a good shout, just in terms of giving the first choice a run out, and looking to start quickly- then maybe bring the subs on earlier than normal to give more of the squad some game time.

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:08 pm

I think it's a good idea to bring in a new cap to a strong team, but Pivac may not agree and select Lewis. Same for the backs where I'm tempted to start with Tompkins, but Pivac may go for North.

1. Wyn Jones
2. Ken Owens
3. WillGriff John
4. Jake Ball
5. AWJ
6. Aaron Shingler
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Josh Navidi

9. Tomos Williams
10. Jarrod Evans
11. Josh Adams
12. Hadleigh Parkes
13. Nick Tompkins
14. Johnny McNicholl
15. Leigh Halfpenny

16. Elliot Dee
17. Rob Evans
18. Leon Brown
19. Cory Hill
20. Taulupe Faletau
21. Gareth Davies
22. Dan Biggar
23. George North

A few positions are actually quite competitive and Pivac might give out more new caps, Rees-Zammit for example. I wonder if Wayne Pivac knows that he's only supposed to give new caps in the autumn and not the 6 Nations? Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:13 pm

I’d swap the Zamster for McNicoll and remove north from the bench. I’d probably give Gareth Davies a start and put Rhys on at half time too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm

As long as we pick the first choice forwards and half backs we can play around with the outside backs. This game will be won up front so no complacency in the pack and we should be fine. We've struggled away against Italy for a while but at home I don't think they will offer very much, but you never know, new coach, no Parisse holding them back anymore. They have some good players just not enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:12 pm

LondonTiger wrote:It will be interesting to see the team. Still time for injuries, and the English based players will have less time in camp both before and during the tournament.

I thought we had sorted this out last year and the Clubs in England couldn’t refuse us our players???

Something about insurance policies allegedly

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 15 Jan 2020, 3:55 pm

They can't refuse them access during the international windows. The regional players are in camp for longer than that.

I think that's right!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 15 Jan 2020, 5:29 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:They can't refuse them access during the international windows. The regional players are in camp for longer than that.

I think that's right!

Yes its purely to do with access outside of the international window. The complication is that the RFU effectively pay the premiership for more access, so its in nobody's interest to give access out of the international window for free, particularly if insurance is also an issue.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Wed 15 Jan 2020, 5:57 pm

If we start with Jarrod Evans v Italy then I hope Owen Williams is at 12 or Halfpenny at 15. His kicking for goal has been iffy of late.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Jan 2020, 6:03 pm

Blueschief wrote:If we start with Jarrod Evans v Italy then I hope Owen Williams is at 12 or Halfpenny at 15. His kicking for goal has been iffy of late.

Amazing how much their goal kicking improves with the ginger monster carrying the kicking tea out..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:54 am

I hear Carre will not be allowed to play after getting a three week ban for his silly high tackle on Dan Evans.

But with other injuries taken in to account we could field quite an exciting new team against Italy.

Wyn
Ken
Leon
Ball
AWJ
Wainwright
Tips
Faletau
Davies
Jarrod
Adams
Parkes
Tompkins
Zamster
McNicoll

Eliyas
Evans
John
Rowlands
Nav
Webb
Bigs
Owen

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2020, 9:46 am

Really hard to pick this team. I don't think too many new caps is good. I prefer to see only one or two max in a team of experienced players. I'd go:

Wyn - Rob Evans to bench?
Ken - Dee on the bench
??? Undecided! For Italy I'd start Brown or John and bench the other.
Ball - Hill to bench
AWJ
Wainwright
Tipuric
Navidi - Faletau or Moriarty on the bench as there's flexibility in switching around with these guys.

Tomos - I'm a huge fan of all 3 though. A great situation to be in.
Biggar - Jarrod on the bench
Adams
Parkes
Tompkins - as a trial since it's Italy
North - Zamster to come on for a good 30 mins or more.
Halfpenny - assuming Liam is injured?

I could easily be persuaded for a a different combo of back row players. Wouldn't be unhappy to see Hill in there at lock. Happy if Gareth Davies was 9. Don't mind McNicholl being involved. Singler would be good too. Etc., etc. We're spoiled for choice at the moment, which is great!

I think players like Faletau and Webb need to be eased back in. Arguably Italy is the game for that but I'm not sure how much first team rugby they've had? I think they really need to earn a recall to the team as others in their positions are doing well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:19 am

The Oracle wrote:I think players like Faletau and Webb need to be eased back in.  Arguably Italy is the game for that but I'm not sure how much first team rugby they've had? I think they really need to earn a recall to the team as others in their positions are doing well.

I agree with that in Webb's case because we're so well-served for scrum halves, but I'd say Faletau is sufficiently better than his rivals for the number eight shirt to be allowed to start against Italy.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:53 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
The Oracle wrote:I think players like Faletau and Webb need to be eased back in.  Arguably Italy is the game for that but I'm not sure how much first team rugby they've had? I think they really need to earn a recall to the team as others in their positions are doing well.

I agree with that in Webb's case because we're so well-served for scrum halves, but I'd say Faletau is sufficiently better than his rivals for the number eight shirt to be allowed to start against Italy.

I'm really in the dark over Faletau - haven't been keeping up with news on him. Has he played much since coming back from injury? Agree that he's class, and class is permanent and all that. I'd just like to think that from a squad morale point of view a returning player after such a lengthy spell out (what's it been? A year or so?) needs to be doing the business on the pitch to earn the recall. If players had simply been covering and makeshift when Faletau was away then obviously a returning specialist 8 should come in. Especially if the covering players have been gash and having a torrid time. But in Moriarty and Navidi we have two good 8s who've played the world cup and done well at 8 in the recent past. I feel it's more theirs to lose and Faletau's to win back. I worry that we're rushing him back to soon. Even though it's 'only Italy' the intensity at international level will still be a step up, for me. Don't want to out him back to square one again so soon.

If he's been going well for Bath then I take it all back, but as I said I haven't heard much lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:57 am

I haven't seen him play at all, I'll admit that, I just think he's sufficiently good that he could get away with playing a Test match (at home against Italy) and pick up where he left off.

At scrum half, on the other hand, I don't think there's as much of a gap in class, if any, between Webb and the others in the squad. I don't think we've really missed him.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 16 Jan 2020, 10:58 am

The Oracle wrote:

I'm really in the dark over Faletau - haven't been keeping up with news on him.  Has he played much since coming back from injury?  Agree that he's class, and class is permanent and all that.  I'd just like to think that from a squad morale point of view a returning player after such a lengthy spell out (what's it been?  A year or so?) needs to be doing the business on the pitch to earn the recall.  If players had simply been covering and makeshift when Faletau was away then obviously a returning specialist 8 should come in.  Especially if the covering players have been gash and having a torrid time.  But in Moriarty and Navidi we have two good 8s who've played the world cup and done well at 8 in the recent past.  I feel it's more theirs to lose and Faletau's to win back.  I worry that we're rushing him back to soon.  Even though it's 'only Italy' the intensity at international level will still be a step up, for me.  Don't want to out him back to square one again so soon.

If he's been going well for Bath then I take it all back, but as I said I haven't heard much lately.

He’s played two for Bath and looks like he’s never been away..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:05 am

Assuming we don't have any injuries and the new guys as well as the returning guys go well, we're starting to have a very strong bench again.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2020, 11:29 am

maestegmafia wrote:
The Oracle wrote:

I'm really in the dark over Faletau - haven't been keeping up with news on him.  Has he played much since coming back from injury?  Agree that he's class, and class is permanent and all that.  I'd just like to think that from a squad morale point of view a returning player after such a lengthy spell out (what's it been?  A year or so?) needs to be doing the business on the pitch to earn the recall.  If players had simply been covering and makeshift when Faletau was away then obviously a returning specialist 8 should come in.  Especially if the covering players have been gash and having a torrid time.  But in Moriarty and Navidi we have two good 8s who've played the world cup and done well at 8 in the recent past.  I feel it's more theirs to lose and Faletau's to win back.  I worry that we're rushing him back to soon.  Even though it's 'only Italy' the intensity at international level will still be a step up, for me.  Don't want to out him back to square one again so soon.

He’s played two for Bath and looks like he’s never been away..!

In that case..... crack on!

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 16 Jan 2020, 12:15 pm

Faletau like AWJ seems to get back into a top level pretty quick, that game he played for Bath last year before the second arm break he was immense

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2020, 3:40 pm

The Oracle wrote:

Faletau is world class so it's one of those where everyone accepts if he's fit he plays. I don't think Moriarty or Navidi will be too upset Faletau is just back from injury they know their place because Faletau is class and maybe the best 8 in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:40 pm

Italy had a decent enough RWC. Their teams are showing some good performances in the PRO14.

I’m hoping that under the new coach wales find their stride early and put in a good performance.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 17 Jan 2020, 10:30 am

Apparently Rowlands will be playing for Wasps this weekend having missed a few games with a knee injury. Hopefully he can prove his fitness.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 17 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm

I hear Gareth Davies and McNicoll are getting rested this weekend..! Hopefully nothing too serious though in all honest both play in positions with plenty of cover.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 17 Jan 2020, 1:50 pm

I'm still leaning towards put all the new caps into the 23 for Italy... Start with Jmac and move him to full-back to accommodate Rees-Zammit coming off the bench. Going to try again; Jones, Owens, John, AWJ, Ball, Shingler, Tipuric, Navidi, Williams, Evans, Adams, Parkes, Tompkins, McNicholl, Halfpenny.
Dee, Evans, Brown, Rowlands, Wainwright, Davies, Biggar, Rees-Zammit.

Guess you could swap the halfbacks around to start the more experienced pair if needs be.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 17 Jan 2020, 1:54 pm

North is playing 13 on the weekend again, let's hope he can make Scott Williams look good! Aled Davies isn't in the 23, neither is Adam Beard surprisingly.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 17 Jan 2020, 2:32 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:North is playing 13 on the weekend again, let's hope he can make Scott Williams look good! Aled Davies isn't in the 23, neither is Adam Beard surprisingly.

I’d be really happy from an Ospreys perspective if it does work. We talked about North playing thirteen since he first cane on the scene.

No surprises with Aled as in all honesty he’s currently my third or fourth choice at nine for Ospreys. Not sure why Beard isn’t playing...?

Mumps maybe?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 8:57 pm

Blueschief wrote:If we start with Jarrod Evans v Italy then I hope Owen Williams is at 12 or Halfpenny at 15. His kicking for goal has been iffy of late.

That is one reason why either Halfpenny or Biggar should start againt the better teams imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 9:02 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:North is playing 13 on the weekend again, let's hope he can make Scott Williams look good!

One is a world class centre with over 50 Wales caps, lots of international tries, and who tore your 'team' apart and your 'team' only won when he went off injured. The other is a winger. I'm not sure how this is leaving it but it's embarrassing either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next