The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working??

3 posters

Go down

The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working?? Empty The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working??

Post by Wooffie Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

I've just been trawling the sites and have been reading this article on Andy and his coaching situation. As we know, its a part-time arrangement and thereby Andy can call on his expertise, but other commitments mean that Cahill obviously isn't always around.

Cahill, however, has further complications, with his ESPN broadcasting gig taking first priority. "He did stay away a lot during the French," said Murray. "I spoke to him more like a little bit after the matches, but not about really tactics and stuff beforehand.

"It (Paris)) wasn't the same as like the week before when we spent every day on the court together, and then like in Madrid or Rome where he's in the box watching and I'm speaking to him, he's on the practise court every day."

From this quote, Andy seems to like it when Cahill is physically around, although a semi-final berth at the French Open when he wasn't, was still an excellent result for him. I've no idea what the set up will be for him at Wimbledon ... so what do you guys think on how this arrangement is working out?
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working?? Empty Re: The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working??

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

I think it is Woofie. It sounds like he listens to Cahill, which I don't think was happening with Corretja or Maclagan. I think if Andy is going to make that final step in his career to winning a Slam, then a coach of Cahill's calibre is certainly required.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working?? Empty Re: The Murray/Cahill dynamic ... how do you think its working??

Post by socal1976 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 5:35 pm

Cahill is a great coach, a good broadcaster, but frankly I think murray needs a bit of a different style of coach. He has played better that last couple of months so maybe it has had some effect. But for me I would like to see murray with a hard task master who also has the grandslam pedigree to basically kick murray's tail if he doesn't behave. Maybe someone like Jimmy Connors or Ivan lendl. Connors actually i think did a fair job on Roddick getting a lot out of a player that frankly has been a spent force for a few years. I'd love to see andy whine into his box with jimbo or lendl there. They might just yell back and that might be just what he needs.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down