The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby

+28
alanmackie6
Afro
The Great Aukster
majesticimperialman
Old Man
tigertattie
BamBam
LondonTiger
Pal Joey
Geen sport voor watjes
quinsforever
dummy_half
Rugby Fan
Poorfour
RiscaGame
TightHEAD
Cyril
Yoda
Taylorman
Brendan
Soul Requiem
rodders
eirebilly
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
tazfalklands
SecretFly
LordDowlais
32 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby - Page 6 Empty Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 12:33

First topic message reminder :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49810476

Well, do we all agree with world rugby ?

I have noticed in particular, that the French refs seem below par, they do not ref the scrums or breakdown properly, have they been advised to let things flow ? I noticed this when both Poite and Garces reffed the Wales V Ireland warm up games.

Is this world rugby giving the officials a kick up the rear before things get worse ? I think it's not very professional coming out with into the public domain.

What do you all think ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby - Page 6 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby

Post by TightHEAD Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:25

Salty! Lol
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby - Page 6 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup 2019: 'Officiating not good enough' - World Rugby

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:26

...if you're blind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:26

TightHEAD wrote:Salty! Lol

Smelly! lol.

Your chat that is. Whiffy f'ing chat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:27

Here come the insults because people don't agree.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:34

A few definitely scraping the barrel here over a non-issue, if it wasn't Wales would you still be going on about it? I think not.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:36

Who cares who it is, whether it's Wales or Italy or New Zealand it makes no difference.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:37

Let's just ignore him chaps clearly the ball is short and if the TMO process had a script/procedure to follow it would have been picked up.

World rugby really need to get on top of this, the world is watching and they are making a hash of it, making FIFA look well organised!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:47

Think the Cueto non-try in 2007 has scarred some English fans and some latent PTSD has been trigged by Adams' disallowed try in the first half. The fog of memory, the mists of time - you're all struggling to accept what your eyes are telling you.

Don't stress it though. I know you're probably gutted we've found a genuine winger and you can't get away with exploiting Cuthbert any more, but be fair to the boy. 4 top class finishes in this game, 1 unfortunate to be chalked (lol) off. Great acrobatic finish here and you know it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:48

Lucky you have him to just about scrape the win against Pacific Island teams.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 22:51

Tough words, Scott.

Tough words indeed...

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 23:04

Good defending too. Can't wait to play him in the final Laugh
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 23:13

Tbh TightHead if you were out on the field, I think we'd all fancy our chances at stopping you.

But if you mean England, then fortunately they don't have anyone quite like Tuisova. In terms of back 3 defence, I wouldn't be crowing considering Daly is doing his best impression of a weather vane as last man.

Cockadoodledooooooooo...

And, no, that isn't Joe C's cousin, and you can't make him a project player.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 10 Oct 2019 - 23:14

Penalty try for high tackle with the Adams 3rd try otherwise, so let's stop barrel scraping and move on. Obviously that doesn't suit everyone's agenda, but there we go.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 8:52

To anyone who really wants to know why we sometimes shut threads please read back the last two pages. This is not banter, this is not debating, this is grown men behaving worse than toddlers.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 8:55

I know you but what am I.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 9:12

LondonTiger wrote:To anyone who really wants to know why we sometimes shut threads please read back the last two pages. This is not banter, this is not debating, this is grown men behaving worse than toddlers.

Fair point, however I must question how long a final chance lasts for some people.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 9:17

LondonTiger wrote:To anyone who really wants to know why we sometimes shut threads please read back the last two pages. This is not banter, this is not debating, this is grown men behaving worse than toddlers.

Are you describing the forum posts or the refereeing?

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 9:19

You know half the bother with refs decisions would be cleared up or at least improved should the standard of some commentators improve. Some.are excellent know the rules inside and out but some are gutter press and go simply by what were the rules 20 odd years ago...or simply make things up.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 9:42

Can the low standard of Officiating be accidental?

Maybe all the Referees and TMOs have a sweepstake to see how many tries they can award that weren't actually tries?
So far the best (non) try is the Perenara one, but the Adams one has moved into second.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:00

This place is pathetic, it really is. How has this thread descended into another anti Wales thread ? We could all cherry pick points from the recent England V Argentina match, exactly the same way as what some fans are doing here, or the last Scotland V Russia match.

But for some reason, it does not happen. But not only, again is it open season on Wales, the moderators are allowing the usual members to drag this forum through the gutters.

Not only has LondonTiger issued a warning, but his warning has had the p!ss taken out of it. How many chances are these members going to get ? I have been banned for a lot less, I can tell you.

The Wales V Fiji game is over, Wales won, and got a bonus point and denied Fiji anything, that does not sound like scrapping past a team to me. Ken Owens was yellow carded, he has not been cited, move on. Josh Adams already had a try disallowed, the one on here in question, was checked thoroughly by both the referee and TMO, and was given, correctly.

Now lets move on, can people please stop trying to antagonise us Welsh members, and please can people stop being bitter towards the Wales achievements at this world cup.

I would suggest a good day or two away from this place for some people, go and talk to people face to face, just to get back to reality. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:01

I've just watched the Josh Adams 3rd try a number of times and I can confirm that it WAS a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:06

The process that the TMO goes through deserves debate, at the moment the 'winging it' process they use is not fit for purpose and it is misleading/leading Refs plus letting fans and players down.

World rugby need to improve this area of the game, Cricket have it nailed down so that a fan can follow the process and check/understand what they are looking for.

Its unfortunate that people see this as picking on Wales but two teams were involved in that game that have raised these points.

Last edited by TightHEAD on Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:07; edited 1 time in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:07

The Oracle wrote:I've just watched the Josh Adams 3rd try a number of times and I can confirm that it WAS a try.  

Was that the one that was reviewed by the match officials and the try stood?

If so, then it was a try (as it was awarded) differing opionions as to if it should have been given or not are just opinions. Folk should just agree to disagree.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:08

tigertattie wrote:
The Oracle wrote:I've just watched the Josh Adams 3rd try a number of times and I can confirm that it WAS a try.  

Was that the one that was reviewed by the match officials and the try stood?

If so, then it was a try (as it was awarded) differing opionions as to if it should have been given or not are just opinions. Folk should just agree to disagree.

Yes, the one that was awarded and on the previous page people have posted pics of the grounding and apparent lack of control.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek tbh, in line with what you were saying about opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:21

TightHEAD wrote:Its unfortunate that people see this as picking on Wales but two teams were involved in that game that have raised these points.

Who has raised the points? I haven't seen anything raised by Wales or Fiji. That would be an interesting read, if you could provide me with a link, thanks.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 11 Oct 2019 - 10:24

Time for this thread to end.

Please reflect on some of the posts on here, which have been utterly ridiculous and childish.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6