The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa

+32
Galted
Engine#4
mikey_dragon
maestegmafia
Duty281
Taylorman
SecretFly
tigertattie
The Great Aukster
Collapse2005
Heaf
Scottrf
Afro
Soul Requiem
Poorfour
alanmackie6
LordDowlais
No9
majesticimperialman
lostinwales
WELL-PAST-IT
robbo277
bsando
Brendan
Pal Joey
hugehandoff
TightHEAD
BamBam
No 7&1/2
westisbest
Old Man
LondonTiger
36 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa - Page 8 Empty Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa

Post by LondonTiger Mon 09 Sep 2019, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostTriesPFPA+/-BPPoints
Italy220014952966210
New Zealand1100223131004
South Africa10011323-10100
Namibia100132247-2500
Canada10011748-4100

New Zealand 23 South Africa 10
Italy 47 Namibia 22
Italy 48 Canada 7 

28 September 2019     South Africa v Namibia                   City of Toyota Stadium, Toyota
2 October 2019           New Zealand v Canada                   Oita Stadium, Ōita
4 October 2019           South Africa v Italy                        Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa, Fukuroi
6 October 2019           New Zealand v Namibia                  Tokyo Stadium, Chōfu
8 October 2019           South Africa v Canada                    Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe
12 October 2019         New Zealand v Italy                        City of Toyota Stadium, Toyota
13 October 2019         Namibia v Canada                           Kamaishi Recovery Memorial Stadium, Kamaishi

Last edited by LondonTiger on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:16 am; edited 4 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 1:47 am

Taylorman wrote:Well its the most likeliest scenario. I'm seeing 2015 all over again in terms of the quarters.

Feels harsh focusing solely on your nonsense, but one point I wanted to pick up.

You've also been crowing about 2015 in the run up and how you bet it would be a repeat of the SFs - 4 SH teams. Australia have lost to Wales, Argentina are out - are you happy to admit you were wrong yet?

Back to top Go down

Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa - Page 8 Empty Re: Japan 2019 - Pool B Canada Italy Namibia New Zealand South Africa

Post by Taylorman Mon 14 Oct 2019, 2:29 am

When did I say it would be a repeat? I said it was a possibility. Oz were the main reason for the doubt, not so much Argie. And there could still be three of four with SA, NZ and Oz.

And I don't do 'admitting I was wrongs' on match guesses.

How much space would that take up if everyone had to spill their incorrect match outcomes on this site?

How many should be admitting they were wrong on the Ire/ japan game? Shall we go back to that too?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Mon 14 Oct 2019, 5:37 am

I've got a feeling Ireland may just be their body minded bullying selves in this game and nick it

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 14 Oct 2019, 6:51 am

miaow wrote:
Taylorman wrote:In all honesty, I don't think Ireland will put up anything like what they need up. Already their media is eating them up.

Firstly, literally irrelevant to actual ability etc. But also a sign of different cultures. British and Irish media aren't seen as the propaganda wing of their national side - if anything they love sticking the boot in. Weird change to the cheerleading that goes on down south it seems, perhaps less so in Australia admittedly. But anyway, culture aside, it's a meaningless point - game isn't decided by the media. Clearly.

British media crushed England in 2015. The pressure put on the side to perform gave them no room to breathe, especially at home. We knew that would happen because it happened to NZ in 2011, and we were playing quite well.

That is what I’ve said all along would happen to Ireland if they have a poor run into the quarters. Being away from home could help if they can shut it out but this weekends match is all about the mental preparation of the individuals taking the field through this week. For both sides. And media / social media can play a big part in that pressure.

Schmidt for example, couldn’t prepare them well enough to beat Japan. Can he be relied upon to get them believing they can beat NZ, perhaps based on the last two wins?

A month ago the Boks put 41 on Japan, less than a year ago NZ put 69.

How relevant are they now?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

Taylorman wrote:That is what I’ve said all along would happen to Ireland if they have a poor run into the quarters.

A team underperforms and the media goes hard on them for the #hits and views. Yeah, no sheet...

Last edited by miaow on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:55 am

Taylorman wrote:When did I say it would be a repeat? I said it was a possibility. Oz were the main reason for the doubt, not so much Argie. And there could still be three of four with SA, NZ and Oz.

And I don't do 'admitting I was wrongs' on match guesses.

How much space would that take up if everyone had to spill their incorrect match outcomes on this site?

How many should be admitting they were wrong on the Ire/ japan game? Shall we go back to that too?

It wasn't a prediction, you were crowing and mocking the more WUMmable posters on here that 'South good, North bad' and - if you were inclinced to - you could go back an see several instances where things like the weather, skills, 'it's the world cup' etc. would all come together and show the 6Ns teams how bad they really were by who qualifies for the knockouts. All very undignified.

Suppose we've got your answer over whether you can admit you're wrong...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8