The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+12
tigertattie
President Trump
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
Fernando
Dr Gregory House MD
marty2086
Uryu Ishida
Beer
Marky
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

Rey Mysterio finally returns for WWE next week, and it is said by wwe to be “full-time”

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:33 am

Rumour mill on fire this morning as it appears Dean Ambrose is expected to quit when his contract is up after Mania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:42 am

Less interesting, but Jeff Jarrett (who, it might surprise you to hear, played the stripper who entered the Rumble at number 2) has been signed on as a producer and will also appear on camera

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:44 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Less interesting, but Jeff Jarrett (who, it might surprise you to hear, played the stripper who entered the Rumble at number 2) has been signed on as a producer and will also appear on camera

Jeff Jarrett played the role of Natalya?!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:49 am

Samo wrote:Rumour mill on fire this morning as it appears Dean Ambrose is expected to quit when his contract is up after Mania.

It’s weird, cos it should be a real shame, and it’s big news, but I’m also a bit meh. Which is probably why he’s leaving, he’s become a bit meh.

Guess it’s nice for their bigger stars now to look out and see an alternative. Three sources, according to the Torch, so you’d expect this isn’t nonsense.

If it’s cos of the “hokey sh**” as mentioned in the article, then he’s not wrong. WWE could have made him unhinged more like Orton, but they’ve made him into a nothing. Equally, the problem of all the brilliance of the Shield is that he’s lived in the shadow of two better performers.

Explains him jobbing out clean to Rollins after a promo about how he’s the one man Seth can’t beat. That’s easily a feud to fill time before Mania, but instead it was one and done. Probably explains the sudden IC title change too.

But it’s a spot someone else can take, and they have an abundance of talent who can.

Equally, it proves WWE can’t just scare talent into staying nowadays.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:50 am

Marky wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Less interesting, but Jeff Jarrett (who, it might surprise you to hear, played the stripper who entered the Rumble at number 2) has been signed on as a producer and will also appear on camera

Wrong Rumble, Natalya was played by Amy Schumer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:59 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Marky wrote:

Wrong Rumble, Natalya was played by Amy Schumer.

Tamina Snuka was actually Danny Trejo.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Samo wrote:Rumour mill on fire this morning as it appears Dean Ambrose is expected to quit when his contract is up after Mania.

It’s weird, cos it should be a real shame, and it’s big news, but I’m also a bit meh. Which is probably why he’s leaving, he’s become a bit meh.

Guess it’s nice for their bigger stars now to look out and see an alternative. Three sources, according to the Torch, so you’d expect this isn’t nonsense.

If it’s cos of the “hokey sh**” as mentioned in the article, then he’s not wrong. WWE could have made him unhinged more like Orton, but they’ve made him into a nothing. Equally, the problem of all the brilliance of the Shield is that he’s lived in the shadow of two better performers.

Explains him jobbing out clean to Rollins after a promo about how he’s the one man Seth can’t beat. That’s easily a feud to fill time before Mania, but instead it was one and done. Probably explains the sudden IC title change too.

But it’s a spot someone else can take, and they have an abundance of talent who can.

Equally, it proves WWE can’t just scare talent into staying nowadays.

Dean is just like many others who have fallen victim to Vince's hardon with Brock and Roman. When he won the title off of Rollins at MITB it was huge. Problem with his character was he needed an authority figure to bounce off. He could've been Austin 2.0. But they bottled it, put him in some seriously cack feuds and then stuck him back with the Shield.

Death knell was when he turned after Roman's announcement. Vince wanted impact, and what most people thought was that 'Why would you do that, Vince?'.

There is nothing organically he can move into. It would all be forced. Although him going up against Nia would be awesome.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 29 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm

I think his turn was the perfect timing, but like Dolph said they built him up all wrong. He should have been a genuinely terrifying heel who was properly sadistic, instead he came out slagging off the home town crowds like every other heel in the past 60 years. It should have been something special but I was over it after two weeks.

His first singles run was a bit of fun but didnt go anywhere, his WWE title win was marred by being in the middle of the year during the slump, then be became second fiddle in the AJ/Elsworth thing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 30 Jan 2019, 7:33 am

Hideo Itami has asked for and been granted his release.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 30 Jan 2019, 8:30 am

and wwe confirm dean isnt renewing

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 30 Jan 2019, 8:37 am

I can only assume Itami is going back to Japan, I doubt WWE would give him his release so he can wander down to AEW.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 30 Jan 2019, 10:28 am

Injuries ruined him unfortunately. Don't think AEW would touch him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 30 Jan 2019, 10:31 am

I’ve heard NOAH is under new management, so wouldnt be surprised to see him go back to Japan. I’ve never known anyone as unlucky with injuries as he was.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Jan 2019, 10:40 am

Shame, it just never worked and WWE lost any faith. It would be great to have let him loose for a quick spell. Even better to link him with the likes of Bryan or something, do something fresh.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 30 Jan 2019, 10:57 am

Beer wrote:Injuries ruined him unfortunately. Don't think AEW would touch him.

You're not serious.

They've signed wrestlers who are still injured.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Jan 2019, 11:08 am

Why would AWE touch him? He made his last return from injury nearly two years ago so he's went longer without an injury than most

90 day no compete means he'd be free to work Double or Nothing, depending on how AEW do TV could still do Japan and AEW

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:27 pm

Yes i'm serious. He's done next to nothing in the last 2 years, just can't see the interest. People just automatically assume everyone who was ever decent is going to go to AEW.

As for the injuries, i mean it ruined his WWE career, not his life.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 30 Jan 2019, 2:57 pm

What exactly would he have to do to justify interest? By that logic will he now be unemployed permanently?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 30 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:and wwe confirm dean isnt renewing

Starting to think this is a work now. Why would WWE confirm it? Have they ever done anything like this before?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 31 Jan 2019, 5:31 am

It's definitely a possibility

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 31 Jan 2019, 10:28 am

I need Kenta back in Noah more than I need air

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 01 Feb 2019, 9:32 pm

Kenny Omega is officially a free agent

Honestly I’m hoping he swerves everyone and signs with the Ibushi research institute

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 04 Feb 2019, 10:08 am

Samo wrote:

Starting to think this is a work now. Why would WWE confirm it? Have they ever done anything like this before?

The only known 'work' was CM Punk.

All other announcements of this nature have been legit. He's going.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:02 pm

Beer wrote:
Samo wrote:

Which other announcements? Unless its been someone announceing their retirement and they build up to it, I cant think of another time a wrestler has said “this is when my contract is up and Im done” - not on a WWE product, and WWE then confirm it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 04 Feb 2019, 1:12 pm

It could be a work, but I’d assume it’s just WWE owning the story.

Rollins is out injured for a month. Meant to be missing this Raw then will do a few shows with no physicality. Shame they didn’t have him this week to do a quick injury and feud angle.

Weird for what Dean will do now. They still played him like a star, with good interaction with HHH. He apparently worked as a face on house shows, backing up Finn against Drew and Lashley before some fatal fours.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 04 Feb 2019, 2:24 pm

Samo wrote:
Beer wrote:
Samo wrote:

Which other announcements? Unless its been someone announceing their retirement and they build up to it, I cant think of another time a wrestler has said “this is when my contract is up and Im done” - not on a WWE product, and WWE then confirm it.

Daniel Bryan was announced as 'leaving' after the Nexus debuted on RAW, this was assumed to be a work, but he was legit fired for choking Justin Roberts.

RAW 1994, Vince announced they couldn't come to an agreement with Randy Savage. He left and appeared on WCW a month later, never seen on WWE TV again.

Back in 1996 the WWE announced Diesel was leaving at the end of his contract. He feuded with The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, debuted on WCW a month after his feud with Michaels ended.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:45 am

Dolph Ziggler has been noted as having left about 18 times.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 06 Feb 2019, 9:44 pm

Just read a fightful report that Ziggler’s ‘relationship with WWE is set to continue’ if he’s resigned in this environment he’s officially not allowed to complain about being undervalued ever again

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Feb 2019, 12:54 am

Re-signed or resigned?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 07 Feb 2019, 9:09 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Re-signed or resigned?

Re-signed

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 07 Feb 2019, 1:02 pm

Fightful were speculating that Randy Orton says he’s open to talks with AEW, although its likely just to get leverage when it comes to negotiating a new deal.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 07 Feb 2019, 4:04 pm

Not sure Orton would fit in either. AEW isn't TNA, it's meant to be a rival to NXT, realistically, and I could not imagine Orton in with the NXT roster (for example).

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Feb 2019, 5:47 am

I'd love Orton on NXT

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 08 Feb 2019, 8:52 am

Hype package for Devlin/Starr in OTT

Watch it, watch it now!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HSm5bX-oYoI

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:36 am

It is the nuts House. Although our very own Nando thinks it makes Devlin look stupid.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:54 am

Marky wrote:It is the nuts House. Although our very own Nando thinks it makes Devlin look stupid.

He’s not wrong, watching Rev Pro for the past 2 years would show Starr isn’t to be trusted

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 10 Feb 2019, 8:52 pm

Gauntlet match for the last spot in the smackdown elimination chamber announced for this week

Might actually watch this Bryan, Styles, Joe, Ali, Orton & Hardy is a very solid line up

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 11 Feb 2019, 3:35 am

Think they’re going to try and match the RAW gauntlet match from last year and go over an hour?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Feb 2019, 6:33 am

Be delightful. They’re pushing Becky’s story on Raw, so can take a week of Smackdown off of her. Sure there’s gonna be some Flair involvement there soon.

They’ll have some Miz filler, but I can’t see how they need to do anything but sort out whether R Truth is gonna defend at Elimination Chamber and whether Asuka does anything.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 15 Feb 2019, 8:36 pm

Rumours coming out about the Ambrose situation. Reports are this whole thing was his idea. His contract IS up in April, but he pitched the idea that he is to be seen to be leaving before theres a swerve down the line in order to drum up buzz about him. The reports say that if he can gain enough traction, he’ll be given a new contract with a ‘right to refuse’ creative clause similar to Daniel Bryans. If he doesnt then he’s free to leave when his contract is up if he wants.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 20 Feb 2019, 6:07 am

Tye Dillenger has officially requested his release.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:36 pm

Samo wrote:Tye Dillenger has officially requested his release.

Its been granted.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:55 pm

TJ Perkins has also been released.

Edit: and Hideo Itami

Last edited by Samo on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:03 pm

As have Itami and Arn Anderson. Al names I could see Cody’s guys wanting involved

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:12 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:As have Itami and Arn Anderson. Al names I could see Cody’s guys wanting involved

Didnt know Anderson was still working there. Dont know how he would fit in at AEW other than a producer.

TJP was kicking off on Twitter about how he wrote Ricochets debut, which contradicts reports that plans changed on the day.

Can definitely see Dillenger going to AEW because of his history with Cody, Itami is surely heading back to Japan.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 22 Feb 2019, 8:51 pm

Kenta went a few weeks back I believe, just a gut feeling but I think he’ll be heading back to Japan, probably NOAH

The rest yeh probably AEW

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:15 pm

Must have been made official official today. 

I’d bet they would love Itami though, if they can take him and make him look good again, they’ll use that as a tool to show others that talent excels in AEW, giving an alternative to those lost in the shuffle of the WWE machine.

Tye is no loss. He got a good gimmick going, but with their roster, he had to be in WWE’s bottom 10% of talent

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:46 pm

I read somewhere that Dillengers last televised match was Fastlane 2018. I know he’s had injury problems but I cant say I’ll miss him.

KENTA was seriously unlucky with injuries, and could have been a main roster staple by now had he not been injured every chance he got. Dont blame him for going back to Japan.

Wont miss TJP, but the curse of the cruiserweight title claims another victim.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 23 Feb 2019, 7:40 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Must have been made official official today. 

I’d bet they would love Itami though, if they can take him and make him look good again, they’ll use that as a tool to show others that talent excels in AEW, giving an alternative to those lost in the shuffle of the WWE machine.

Tye is no loss. He got a good gimmick going, but with their roster, he had to be in WWE’s bottom 10% of talent

drumroll

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next