The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Surrey have named a 14-man squad for Thursday’s Vitality Blast visit of Glamorgan with Freddie van den Bergh replacing Ben Foakes.  Rolling Eyes
Foakes misses out from the squad with the side strain that saw him sit out Tuesday’s defeat to Middlesex while Gus Atkinson (back), Conor McKerr (heel & hip) and Jamie Smith (hip) are also injured.
Rory Burns, Sam Curran and Jason Roy are currently involved in England’s 3 day Test match with Ireland at Lord’s. Morne Morkel continues to be rested.
FULL SQUAD
Jade Dernbach (c)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Aaron Finch
Will Jacks
Ryan Patel
Liam Plunkett
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Imran Tahir
Freddie van den Bergh
I mean seriously is the burger van the best option we have to replace Foakes in the squad Headscratch
virdi must be a better option if we need another spin option. all in all very strange.
Sadly Tahir wont be dropped, Patel and burger van wont play so final place comes down to either Batty or Borthwick what a choice.
Might have to give 4 overs to share between Jacks and Borthwick if we need the extra batsman.
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by thegooch7 Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

We surely can't play Plunkett again, he may be a golden arm for England, but his long hops, full tosses, half volleys and wides get the deserved treatment when the clown bowls for us, Dernbach needs the captaincy removing, who else would take Clark off after he bowls an over for just 4, replaced by himself and goes for 20 odd in the next? Tahir is a has been just here for the money, Borthwick has got the yips with the ball......and bat.... I know we're struggling at 4 day cricket, but I think we should do a Manure and withdraw from one day competitions......or go the whole hog and play in a big tent wearing red noses and massive shoes

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN / SUSSEX VITALITY T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 pm

thegooch7 wrote:We surely can't play Plunkett again, he may be a golden arm for England, but his long hops, full tosses, half volleys and wides get the deserved treatment when the clown bowls for us, Dernbach needs the captaincy removing, who else would take Clark off after he bowls an over for just 4, replaced by himself and goes for 20 odd in the next? Tahir is a has been just here for the money, Borthwick has got the yips with the ball......and bat.... I know we're struggling at 4 day cricket, but I think we should do a Manure and withdraw from one day competitions......or go the whole hog and play in a big tent wearing red noses and massive shoes
come on gooch stop sitting on the fence Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Good win tonight to be fair to the lads
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:19 am

My rant had the desired effect😉

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:58 am

thegooch7 wrote:My rant had the desired effect😉
Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 am

same squad for tomorrow against Sussex
never change a winning team they say

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl
Patel in for the injured plunkett (thumb)
I'm sure goochie wishes him the best Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:12 am

I seemed to be the only Surrey fan at the 7000 capacity Hove ground tonight....it was my wife’s first ever game of cricket! Cracking match....excellent bowling from Batty...dreadful drop by a Surrey fielder in Jack’s first and only over..which 16 runs came off..not sure why he opened the bowling..clearly a difficult pitch to score quickly off...so always looked as though it was going to be a tight finish...Pope battled excellently...my how Surrey have missed him....Dernbach got crocked...and poor shots in particular from Stoneman and Jordan Clarke...Last over Tahir hit a six which got Surrey back in it, but a dreadful throw from the last bowl meant Batty got back for an.unlikley second...Neither Batty nor Tahir are exactly Usain Bolt when it comes to running between wickets! All in all a fun evening...and a fair result..and Jofra looked mightily impressive!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:27 am

chichestersurreyfan wrote:I seemed to be the only Surrey fan at the 7000 capacity Hove ground tonight....it was my wife’s first ever game of cricket! Cracking match....excellent bowling from Batty...dreadful drop by a Surrey fielder  in Jack’s  first and only over..which 16 runs came off..not sure why he opened  the bowling..clearly a difficult pitch to score quickly off...so always looked as though it was going to be a tight finish...Pope  battled excellently...my how Surrey have missed him....Dernbach got crocked...and poor shots in particular from Stoneman and Jordan Clarke...Last over Tahir  hit a six which got Surrey back in it, but a dreadful throw from the last bowl meant Batty got back for an.unlikley second...Neither Batty nor Tahir are exactly Usain Bolt when it comes to running between wickets! All in all  a fun evening...and a fair result..and Jofra looked mightily impressive!
cheers for the report Chichester thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Cheers for that Chichester.....I was wondering how we got 2 off the last ball!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:35 pm

To be honest, thegooch7 , I am still wondering how we managed those 2 runs!!!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down