The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+5
Hibbz
Dolphin Ziggler
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
Pal Joey
9 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Soft thread split, hard thread split, no-deal thread split. Who gives a sh!t as long as we get a thread split by the 8:31 deadline.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:04 am

rick_dagless wrote:I dip into the Brexit thread occasionally, usually when I see supes, or Jules name pop up, and generally just to see who they are roasting.

I guess people have various ways of dealing with shizz, I generally don't like to speculate until I can influence.

What do you reckon about the next test?

Funny you mentioned... it's just on the TV here.

I'm still in shock from that loss. Hardly surprising but then again - they always seem to find a way!

I'm neither confident nor worried about this next one. Could go either way I suppose. It's very hard to make predictions when we don't even know who the hell is even playing. Langer is a jerk, imo. Nasty, whiny, little smart arse. Then he puts on the fake smiles if things go well.

The most important thing for me is the overall record. I think if we had won that 3rd Test it would have been 50-50 wins each in England.

So they blew that! Even if they win the last 2 (which they most likely won't) the best I can hope for is 51-all.

We can't rely on Smith to bail us out all the time. Need others to chip in with some runs too, hold their catches, affect run outs better. Those few critical errors were very costly indeed. Great match though - great entertainment for all!  Very Happy

What are your thoughts?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 10 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:10 am

I do think the battle between Smith and Archer is key, although Smith can not always be relied on, the confidence he gives the team is immense, knowing you have one end tied up.

Momentum is a huge factor in sport, and Smith coming back could disrupt that. Though the way the test was won gives huge confidence to England.

Anyway getting the splinters out of my @rse from sitting on the fence, I think the series will be drawn, and Oz to retain the ashes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am

I've been out in the backyard over the last week cutting back stuff, 'rock picking' - getting rid of the sharper stones, spreading more river pebbles over the top and rolling it in.

Neighbour did me a favour pruning his huge fruit trees. Something's* been having a wild time there eating all the fruit and spitting chunks of it all over the driveway. So I've had a good general clean up before the hot weather sets in and all the plants and shrubs start growing in berserk fashion.

It's going to be 27 tomorrow... the 3rd day of spring. Warmest day since April-May. We still have water restrictions here.
I'm dying to put some water on but maybe it would be better to get some top dressing on the lawn areas that need attention first?

*possum, flying fox, ibis, parrot, corella?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 am

On the rock picking...

Realised some connection to something in our ancestral genes. Or the way the brain goes into a long-built-in automatic procedure honed over time.
I noticed at one stage I was plucking out stones without really looking at them... sort of a sixth sense to pick them out. You just feel where they are.
The human desire to organise rocks and make stone middens. It's such a natural and therapeutic pastime.
I can see why the Celts loved doing that stuff. Such a sense of achievement at the end of each day... doing something so simple and primitive.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:55 am

It is the same as making a fire I guess, ticks all the primal boxes. I hate gardening, one of the reason to live in a flat.

Though Mrs. Dagless is insistent on getting some rats at the moment, and the idea is growing on me.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am

rick_dagless wrote:It is  the same as making a fire I guess, ticks all the primal boxes.  I hate gardening, one of the reason to live in a flat.

Though Mrs. Dagless is insistent on getting some rats at the moment, and the idea is growing on me.

Just move into a flat in central Edinburgh and you'll have them soon enough.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

I'm good cheers, Edinburgh smells of beef crisps.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:26 am

rick_dagless wrote:I'm good cheers, Edinburgh smells of beef crisps.

That's the hops from the Caley Brewery. Regularly get off the train at Haymarket in the morning to be greeted with the overbearing aroma of brewing hops.

As an aside, "getting off at Haymarket" is a euphimism for premature ejaculation. Stems from the fact that the normal thing to do is stay on until Waverley as that's right bang in the centre of Edinburgh.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Every day is a school day with you around, supes.

We have a similar thing here around a place called Cleckheaton, if you have a touch of the Cleckheaton Cramps (the clecks) then you have a semi on. As you are almost in Bradford, but not quite.

I will have plenty of opportunity to use the Haymarket one I expect.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Well, I think I am going to try bring "I'm almost in Bradford" into my vocabulary. Should spice up the old love life. Delighted for that to be the last thing I read on the internet before sleep

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am

A rare and joyous fist.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am

Sicond.

An honorable de-fisting of rick, Supes.

Wonder where the others are? Probably near a biscuit tin.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 am

I had to remove their whip. They'll be appearing as independents on other threads from now on.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:32 am

I crossed the floor to go sit with the politics thread.

Turd.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 am

De-micaelsing myself, how embarrassing, this is how BoJo must feel.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 am

Solid fisting though - that has to feel good.

Sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 am

I think we were slightly taken aback by your surprise fist of thistle, Super.

That caught us all on the hop and thus led to the aforementioned michaelisation-ing.

Are there any more votes today? That flustered look on Boris' mug was priceless.
Still want to rub Corbyn's face in a block of sandpaper though... then show him the pros and cons of a modern shaving cabinet.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:07 pm

It's all with the House of Lords at the moment and they've committed have it back with the Commons on Friday so the Bill can't be fillbustered.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 am

I am not dead in a ditch.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 am

I'm not Robert Mugabe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 am

He is proper Yorkshire when you spell his name backwards.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 am

A Yorkshire mint.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:49 am

Too soon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Fish, chips, and mushy pea wrap, cup of tea, splendid, 9/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 am

Non Bank Holiday fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 am

Yeah I didn't want to un-michaels myself again.

Congrats on the urn, Peej.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:39 am

Cheers mate.

I've just left a comment on the Ashes thread. This series has been quite different to other ones but still had that same feeling of 'it could have gone either way' - if not for a number of incidents, purple patches from certain players, injuries, etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am

It has been a great watch, some moments of brilliance, and moments of ineptitude.

We can't be too bothered, as we focused on the white ball game, and won the world cup, at the detriment of the red ball and lost the ashes to a better team.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:21 am

Fistful of disappointment here, I see the images under the names are having a bit of a problem, unless it's just for me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 am

Hi mate, yeah I saw those this morning. Maybe Jules has cancelled his relationship with tinypic?
Or perhaps they moved those images to another location?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 am

I'll have to go through and delete them cos it takes loads of space, but I'll leave it a day so Jules can have a chance to play if he wants. That and I can't be bothered

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 am

I see they are shutting down.

http://tinypic.com/

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 am

Good morning, gentlemen.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:33 am

Morning, Rick. Shock fist by flipper.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 pm

I didn't want to unmichaels myself, it is a new policy of mine.

You well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Good thanks and yourself? Nothing wrong with a self-unmichaelsing but I admire your fierce northern pride.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm

I am grand, busy as hell at work as all the VR has now gone through and the pointless cycle of re-recruiting expertise that has left, has started.

Lame.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:15 am

I shall take advantage of this opportunity to give myself the Wednesday fist.

Glad you're busy at work Dagless, nothing like a pointless cycle to keep you in a job.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 am

Did someone mention pointless cycle? I quite like hopping on the bike and setting off with no certain destination in mind.

How's it going Galted?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Good thanks, PJ, how are things on that side of the world now burdened with a tiny urn?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Presume you’re nowhere near north enough for these fires to have affected you, PJ?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Good thanks mate. The curse of the urn continues. It's been quite a long summer hasn't it? So much cricket. I just saw that they dropped Roy... and they might give Cummins a rest. I believe they should keep him going and keep the pressure on - but unfortunately I won't have a say in it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Presume you’re nowhere near north enough for these fires to have affected you, PJ?

No, I'm just 50 miles (80km) from you, Dolph. How do I know? Because there is a sign about 2km from me which says "Wollongong 78km".

It's going to be warm tomorrow and Sunday - Monday apparently. 31 here... probably 27 on the coast. I dread the heat of spring/summer these days. It never seemed to be so hot in September growing up. Back then we'd get 2-3 hot days then a cool change. The last 20 years those cool changes seem weaker or just don't turn up at all.

Thanks for fixing up the tinypic image problem. Much better on the eyes now! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am

The fist is back in town.

Morning.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:10 am

That needed the theme from The Good The Bad And The Ugly playing in the backround.

Sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 am

How goes the south amidst this political clusterf**k

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 am

Same old sh*te, embarrassed that the houses of parliament are located here and not in Leeds or Newcastle.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:49 pm

We don't f**ing want them, it's already annoying enough people claiming there will be Yorkshire independence for the sake of f**k.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Yorkshire independence is a bit of a stretch. Not sure it's possible to build a sustainable economy out of murdering prostitutes.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Dunno, organs are worth quite a bit.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next