The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+4
James100
Good Golly I'm Olly
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun May 26, 2019 2:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a 14-man squad to travel to Edgbaston for the Specsavers County Championship fixture against Warwickshire starting on 27th May.
Matt Dunn and Jamie Smith are in contention for selection while Jordan Clark has been added to the squad.
Gus Atkinson has been named for the 1st time in a surrey squad (well I cant remember if he has before I'm getting old Laugh )
Sam Curran will miss out after picking up a hamstring injury in the draw with Kent at Beckenham. Sad
Jade Dernbach (calf) and Amar Virdi (side) are working back to fitness in the 2nd XI
There is no place in the squad for either Freddie van Den Bergh, Conor McKerr Shocked or Stuart Meaker.
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (c)
Gus Atkinson
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Matt Dunn
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
No idea what has happened to McKerr the club are keeping that under wraps
Atkinson, Clark and Smith to miss out for me
Patel just edges out Clark for the final spot mainly due to his bowling.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 30, 2019 2:27 pm

guildfordbat wrote:I am as certain as I can be that we will be batting before lunch. The question for me is - how much before? I would guess for around 30 minutes.

Both sides need a positive result. That still doesn't guarantee one but it makes it more likely.

That will give us a chance of a win although Warks remain favourites with Patel as their figurehead. If we are to win, I would be looking to Jacks to play a prominent role.

Bloomin' 'eck! Shocked I seem to have called this well!

Surrey were batting almost half an hour before lunch and are now 50/3, all falling to Patel. Jacks up the order to number 5 - that's a positive sign from Surrey of still going for the win although probably our last chance and long odds too.

Didn't see any of Warks' second dig but pleased that 9 wickets were shared by Batty and Dunn. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP  - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS WARWICKSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 pm

start the car Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:We'll see out a draw no dramas
clap clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Ryan Patel gets the "thanks for coming" award...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Tea. 103/7. 6 wickets for Patel. 36 overs left. Going to take some saving from here.

Don't forget though that Dunn has featured in a last wicket stand for Surrey of 139. Not sure if I should mention his contribution was 5 and the guy at the other end was a certain K Pietersen? Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Morkel used up 46 balls for his 1
sadly still 23 overs left

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Can Dunn save the day?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 5:21 pm

50 for Clarke clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu May 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Would've been a travesty if Warwickshire hadn't won, another dreadful day at the office for Surrey

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:We'll see out a draw no dramas

Reason I say this, Warwickshire are going to bat on a fair bit I'd wager - having lost all 3 games so far this season, they'll be keen to secure a draw "at worst" and for this I think they'll want more than setting us 300 in 70 overs - I reckon they'll give themselves 60 overs, likely 300+, doubt they'll come out swinging first thing. Last thing they want is to collapse in a heap tomorrow AM, and leave us a chase of 250

And despite our batting woes, we should be able to see out 60 overs between our batting lineup.

Tbf, Olly, I understood your reasoning - just thought Patel would back his team and more particularly himself to skittle us for less than 300. Sadly, so it proved.

You were on the money a day or so ago though pointing a finger at Burns for electing to field and for that over from Elgar.

The 2019 Championship is gone for us. We now need to ensure we are in the right division to win it in 2020.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Dunn what a stupid shot picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Corporal - you opening the bar for a group moan?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu May 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Have to say I thought surrey would make a better job of chasing than that but well played Warks.

OK Im gonna say it ...the wheels are off for surrey now. This season is a wreck. Im genuinely surprised, call ups and injuries aside I didnt see enough quality eslewhere to have them this far off the pace in two formats.

The strange thing is Clarke is actually performing really well, and Batty has defied the ages being a start turn in this match at least. With a couple of players maybe pulling above their weight it makes the collective slump elsewhere all the more pronounced.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu May 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Gooseberry wrote:Have to say I thought surrey would make a better job of chasing than that but well played Warks.

OK Im gonna say it ...the wheels are off for surrey now. This season is a wreck. Im genuinely surprised, call ups and injuries aside I didnt see enough quality eslewhere to have them this far off the pace in two formats.

The strange thing is Clarke is actually performing really well, and Batty has defied the ages being a start turn in this match at least. With a couple of players maybe pulling above their weight it makes the collective slump elsewhere all the more pronounced.
raspberry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Thu May 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Well done to Warwicks...a great declaration and a thoroughly deserved victory...yes, hoping the Corporal will open the bar for a good old moan....and I don’t want to be accused of only posting when Surrey do well!

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2