The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach?

4 posters

Go down

Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach? Empty Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 08 May 2019, 9:54 pm

Hi praise from ex openside Martin Williams

“You show me a Welsh coach who has a better CV than Rob Howley. You are judged on what you win, your trophies.

"Rob has been there and won Grand Slams and Six Nations Championships and been part of successful Lions tours.

"He has been an easy target and copped a bit of flak but he has come through all that."

Apparently there has been a few meetings but the move is not as yet confirmed

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach? Empty Re: Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach?

Post by RiscaGame Wed 08 May 2019, 10:31 pm

High praise indeed.

Martyn Williams is the equivalent of a yes man. Would never say anything to rock the boat. Howley shouldn’t really be judged on his cv, he should be judged on his attack coach role and I don’t think he cuts the mustard. Good luck to him, but I’m glad he isn’t coming to Dragons in any capacity and we are pretty blunt in attack ourselves.

I guess Murray must’ve put a good word in after the Lions tours Very Happy

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach? Empty Re: Rob Howley to Munster as attack coach?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 08 May 2019, 10:54 pm

I think Howley has taken a lot more flak than he deserves though I do agree that Williams seems to agree with everything almost verging on sycophancy at times.

But Williams point about the cv is valid. Wales have had a huge amount of success during Howleys tenure, hopefully more to come in the next six months, and all during a period where wales have lacked the exciting game changers that we had in such depth in the past.

Now is not an easy time to be a successful coach in Wales and I think we will possibly see that when the new regime take over. Scarlets do have some very talented welsh players, but Pivac did also unearth some exceptional NWQ players over the last few years that have added to the scarlets success.

It will only likely be by this time next year that we will really be able to understand fully whether the Gatland regimes coaches were great or not.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 09 May 2019, 6:10 am

Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones to Dragons....

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 09 May 2019, 6:18 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones to Dragons....

Really or that’s just a wish list?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 09 May 2019, 9:26 am

Flannery and Jones to....... drumroll ...London Irish.

Well those boys (Kidney and Kiss) are sure sucking up anything Irish at the moment so it wouldn't be so surprising to see Kidney taking the two sulking Munster guys in under his caring wing.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 09 May 2019, 9:37 am

BTW...if it was true that Howley is going to Munster..... added to the arrival of McBryde at Leinster, then you can be almost certain that it's a central governance IRFU/Nucifora strategic decision of some sort. I do not believe in coincidences.
Military planning in process Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down