The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:59 am

Surrey will head into Sunday’s Royal London One-Day Cup match with Glamorgan in Cardiff with a 13-man squad.
A total of 11 players are unavailable for selection  Yikes  with Jason Roy, Tom Curran and Liam Plunkett now with England ahead of their upcoming matches with Ireland and Pakistan. Ben Foakes will join them following Tuesday’s match with Hampshire. Sad
Stuart Meaker is named in the squad following a hat-trick and figures of 5/48 in that 2nd XI match with MCC Young Cricketers.
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (c)
Gareth Batty
Jordan Clark
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Stuart Meaker
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Freddie van den Bergh
Burger van as normal to miss out and maybe Patel after meaker getting 5wkts Friday
Will really need something from Clark with the tail being even longer

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 am

Cheers, JimBob.

Difficult to get excited, eh? Can't see us qualifying from where we are now.

Agree with you about Fred missing out. There are a few contenders as to who joins him on the bench. Clark had an awful debut but will probably get another chance. One who has rather gone under the radar as regards how ineffective he's been is McKerr - from his two RL 50 games, he has a return of 0/97 from 15 overs. I would be inclined to leave him out and bring in both Meaker and Patel.

Whatever the eleven we go with, unlikely to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by guildfordbat on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY VS GLAMORGAN/HAMPSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:34 am

good shout on McKerr, Guildford he hasn't looked like he will take a wkt in either game

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl. Meaker in for Plunkett. Fred and Patel on the bench - not too surprising although, as I posted y'day, I would have gone with Patel for McKerr.

Hopefully that will work as a jinx for McKerr and get him a 6/30 return. Or not.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm

Glam 138/5 in the 30th.

Wkts taken should give us the upper hand but nothing guaranteed at all.

No overs yet from Jacks. I would have put him on by now, if only for 2 or 3, to give us more options towards the close.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:11 pm

... and with that, Jacks bowls the 31st and goes for just 3 runs. Very handy, use a few overs up now quickly and tidily.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm

Wagg going big. He has serious form with the bat against us.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 am

wkt for McKerr and even that was a awful delivery Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:13 am

272/7 with 5 overs to go. At least 2 of them will need to be bowled by McKerr and/or Clark who are both being carted.

Do think we should have got Jacks (0/9 from his 2 overs) on earlier in Glam's innings and given him 1 or 2 more to give us more options and less pain now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:18 am

Well bowled again lads, another number 9 smashing our 'bowlers' all over the park, 300+ coming up

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 am

300 up for Glamorgan yet again totally embarrassing mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:36 am

163 runs off the last 15 overs picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:36 am

Start the car, JimBob. Might as well beat the traffic.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 am

guildfordbat wrote:... and with that, Jacks bowls the 31st and goes for just 3 runs. Very handy, use a few overs up now quickly and tidily.
sure batty got tonked but jacks should have got at least a couple more overs Rolling Eyes the way clark and McKerr were bowling

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:00 am

I think it was James saying on another thread that our probable first choice 4 RL 50 seamers (Tom Curran, Clarke, Plunkett and Dernbach - not to mention Sam) are all missing and so we have no natural finishers. No arguments with that but others do need to step up more.

Given the circumstances and us always likely to be struggling in the closing overs, it was wrong imo for Morkel to be bowled out early. Think he had bowled his 10 by the end of the 41st.

The stats of McKerr (1/160 from 23 overs in 3 games) and Clark (1/100 from 13 in 2) are awful. Especially concerning as Clark was signed more for the white ball game as I understand things.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:13 am

At the game and can confirm that McKerr and Clark bowled as poorly as their stats suggest. McKerr was too full with the new ball in particular.

Batty didn't do much wrong but he really isn't a death bowler and shouldn't have been put in that situation. Meaker and Morkel were both very good, Burns was again caught in between on when to bowl Morkel. I'd have brought him back for his second spell much earlier to try to get Billy Root before he got in, but failing that I felt he should have been saved for the death. Hoping for a big innings by Jacks here.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am

James100 wrote: Hoping for a big innings by Jacks here.
Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:34 am

Kiss of death for Jacks, James! but I'm sure Elgar will score the required 7 an over from here

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 am

both openers wont to get home early Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am

3 down already beyond pathetic

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 am

4 now, some people thought Glamorgan were the worst team in the competition.....step forward Surrey

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 am

thegooch7 wrote: but I'm sure Elgar will score the required 7 an over from here
the pressure was too much Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:44 am

giving Gloucestershire away a run for its money with this batting display

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 am

putting the thread up for Tuesdays game will be one of the most depressing I've ever done Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:23 am

50 partnership clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:27 am

jimbobgooner wrote:putting the thread up for Tuesdays game will be one of the most depressing I've ever done Sad  

Your dedication is saluted. Smile Sad OK

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:28 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:putting the thread up for Tuesdays game will be one of the most depressing I've ever done Sad  

Your dedication is saluted. Smile Sad OK
Laugh Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 am

clark in almost time to start the car

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:31 am

thegooch7 wrote:Kiss of death for Jacks, James! but I'm sure Elgar will score the required 7 an over from here

Goochie - good to hear from you. Trust all well at your end.

Never can it be said that you only post when we're winning! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:39 am

James100 wrote:At the game and can confirm that McKerr and Clark bowled as poorly as their stats suggest. McKerr was too full with the new ball in particular.

Batty didn't do much wrong but he really isn't a death bowler and shouldn't have been put in that situation. Meaker and Morkel were both very good, Burns was again caught in between on when to bowl Morkel. I'd have brought him back for his second spell much earlier to try to get Billy Root before he got in, but failing that I felt he should have been saved for the death. Hoping for a big innings by Jacks here.

Thanks, James. I always like to hear from someone at the game. Going from what you say plus my following this game now and again on cricinfo and what happened last time out against Middlesex, Burns certainly seems to muck up with the timing of Morkel's spells.

I saw McKerr's wkt on the Surrey twitter feed - bl**dy lucky, a leg-side wide for sure if left alone. Good take by Foakes though.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:47 am

start the car

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 am

meaker in at 8 sums it all up
Sorry

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:35 am

50 for clark clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:58 am

100 partnership clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 am

clark goes for a excellent 79 clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:05 am

conceding 123 runs off the last 10.3 overs is disgraceful epically when they are 7 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 am

50 for meaker clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 am

Morkel run out backing up and that's game over
wooden spoon is almost ours vomit

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am

Runs from Clark and Meaker prevent a total humiliation but still undoubtedly a stuffing.

James - what was our fielding like? That's been hit and miss when I've watched recently. I know it's academic for what's left of this competition but fielding may well still be significant this season.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 am

Goochie - good to hear from you. Trust all well at your end.

Never can it be said that you only post when we're winning! Wink

Hello guildford! Sorry, I do sound like a moaner, but after last season's triumph, I was so annoyed at the signings of Clark and Plunkett, especially as we're now going to be losing our best players for a good chunk of the season. Jacks and Jones look promising, but at 18 and 20 yo it's a lot to ask to hit the ground running with so many around failing! Anyway, it's early days yet, but that's one competition we're out of already!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
James - what was our fielding like? That's been hit and miss when I've watched recently. I know it's academic for what's left of this competition but fielding may well still be significant this season.

Fielding was pretty good, mostly unremarkable. There was one boundary when someone mistimed his dive and Clark dropped a high catch that he lost in the sky (he was facing towards me at that point and you could see he had no clue where the ball was). Jacks took an extremely good catch for (I think) Meaker's second wicket, running in from the boundary and putting in a full length dive.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 am

same 13 for the Hampshire game
luckily it saved me from a thoroughly depressing thread Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 pm

Morne and Norah 'rested', Patel and Burger van start. We've won the toss, and put Hants in. I assume Ryan will get a bowl, let's hope he thinks it's Yorkshire we're playing!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by James100 Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 pm

When Meaker's the most reliable bowler in the side, you probably don't have a great bowling attack.

James100

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 pm

McKerr opened with 11 dot balls, but soon reverted to type with 27 from his next 13, Meaker's took both wickets, but no pressure on the batsmen as the mighty Clark comes on goes for his normal 7 an over

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:40 pm

2 for RP, 147-4 at half way, normally would be evens Stevens but watch their tail push it way past 300

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed May 01, 2019 12:09 am

Well bowled Meaker, 2 beamers, 10 ball over, 20 runs conceded, add the dolly he dropped, third rate stuff from Surrey again

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed May 01, 2019 2:10 am

Well done again Elgar, another composed innings

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 am

Surrey batsmen just having a net as they sleepwalk to another defeat

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed May 01, 2019 5:26 am

Sad Sad Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next