The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moto GP 2019 season

3 posters

Go down

Moto GP 2019 season Empty Moto GP 2019 season

Post by rapidringsroad Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:20 am

Well what's happened to the posters? have you all deserted Moto GP? Three races and three different winners and all nail biting finishes for spots on the podium. On top of that some new faces to put the pressure on the seasoned riders and picking a winner is harder than last season and different factories threatening the top three. Don't tell me you started watching Formula 1.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Moto GP 2019 season Empty Re: Moto GP 2019 season

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 am

Previously followed Moto GP for a long time on ITV4, along with many others. Think the problem was when it went to BT Sport. Didn't help that it became a procession for Marquez, winning it three years in a row, and five times in the last six years.

It does seem like a more open start to the season in Moto GP, unlike in World Superbikes, where I think Alvaro Bautista has won every race this season, and put Jonathan Rea firmly in the shade.

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:29 pm

The BBC used to cover it and I used to watch it back on iplayer. Then the BBC stopped covering it and I stopped noticing it. I remember it used to be more exciting in terms of racing than Formula One.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Seen all three races thus far. Qatar was a fabulous race and essentially a repeat of the 2018 race between Dovi and Márquez.

Argentina was ruined by the dodgy penalty Crutchlow got for ‘supposedly’ a jump start. Crutchlow has been the only man to get near Márquez in Argentina these last couple of years.

Texas was another Márquez cakewalk until he fell off. Rather absurdly the Spaniard had won all previous 6 races at CoTA.

For the championship it was a vital result. This time last year Dovi’s hopes had already faded after multiple races with issues.

This years Honda seems considerably more loose to ride, whereas Ducati has improved in the corners but there’s still a clear weakness in the fast flowing corners.

Yamaha have improved their bike and Rossi’s performances at 40 years old are staggering.

Finally I’m really glad that Jack Miller and Cal Crutchlow have full works bikes.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Danilo Petrucci won the Italian GP on a factory Ducati to achieve his maiden win in MotoGP. Long overdue victory for the likeable Italian. Marquez second and Dovi third. Marquez leads Dovi by 12pts

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Well six races and four different winners, you can't say Moto GP is boring. Even with a DNF Marquez is still leading the title race, but with young riders like Petrucci and Rins getting competitive bikes, picking a winner is getting harder. Congratulations to Danilo Petrucci on his first win, I'm sure there will be plenty more.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 am

Just watched the Austrian Moto Gp and must let anyone who missed it know that they missed a blinder of a race. Dovi and Marquez fought it out for the whole race and just when it looked like Marquez was finally going to get a win in Austria Dovi nipped under Marquez on the last bend and took the chequered flag, and Quatararo a well deserved spot on the podium. Marquez looks to have the title all sewn up for this season, but there is still some exciting racing.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:06 am

Johann Zarco to quit KTM at the end of the season. The highly rated Frenchman has struggled to adapt to the KTM bike

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Triple MotoGP champion - also 2x 250cc champion - Jorge Lorenzo has announced that this weekends Valencia GP will be his last. The 32 year old has been ravaged by injuries and the hunger has gone. 

Johann Zarco likely to get the vacant seat at Repsol Honda - a mere 12 months after rejecting them for his ill fated move to KTM

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down