The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18th Press Conferences

+8
Take a boo
TwisT
BamBam
Trebs
Marky
Azzy
Afro
Dolphin Ziggler
12 posters

Go down

18th Press Conferences Empty 18th Press Conferences

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Mar 2019, 3:21 am

1. Are there any players you’d want from Bury and/or Newport?

2. Which of your players voted for Brexit?

3. What book is your recommended reading to your players?

4. Will Manchester City win the quadruple?

5. What fruit tastes the best?

6. What is the worst newspaper?

7. Have you watched Taskmaster?

8. What question comes after number 8?

9. What’s the beef?

10. Who wins the league?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

18th Press Conferences Empty Re: 18th Press Conferences

Post by Afro Wed 20 Mar 2019, 11:05 am

No one from Newport. They were left so early in the season that their squad is so far behind, I don't think their players would add much to anyone For Bury, there is no one who is on my immediate shortlist, so I'd have to properly scout them. But I genuinely don't have designs on any of them at the moment

None of them. Most are from abroad and plying their trade in North West England, so didn't have the right to vote, and would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did. Of the British ones, most are youngsters so I think they'd have been pro-Europe.

The Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters. They seem to have slipped into a losing mentality, so that would kick them out of it and get them thinking positively

A month ago I would have said not, but one is wrapped up, they look strong favourites for the FA Cup, they really need to win the league otherwise Liverpool will and they have a decent draw in the CL.

But I think I still lean towards not, as the Swansea game showed how easily it will be slip up. I think they will win the league, but slip up in the FA Cup as they focus on getting through the CL

Fresh pineapple or watermelon.

The Sun. The disgusting rag should be banned from ever being sold again. There approach to journalism and scare-mongering reporting is far too widely sucked up by easily led

No. Should I. What is it? Any good?

9 and 10

9. What’s the beef?

The Brexit saga and then fact Dolph appears to be running out of ideas for questions.....

10. Who wins the league?

Grimsby. They are so far ahead, I don't think anyone will put together enough of a run to recover the points
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 20 Mar 2019, 11:49 am

Nope, we don't like sloppy seconds.

All of them, because they do what they're told. After what Emperor Claudius and his elephants did to the good city of Camulodunum, Europe can jazz off.

The book their manager wrote, obviously. It's only £4.76 on Kindle right now.

I don't even know what competitions they're in, so I'll say no. I've not looked at the Premier League table since Albion went down so I have no idea how far they're ahead right now.

Conference pears, and not because that's the natural level for my playing squad.

The Independent. Ironic name for a newspaper so clearly one-sided.

Is there a new series on then? I've not watched since my lady Katherine Ryan was on.

Number 7. I'm assuming we're counting down.

9. What’s the beef?
Corned beef. Best invention ever. And my IRL nickname in our HR department, no jokes.

10. Who wins the league?
This league? Grimsby. Even if we expunge the Bury and Newport results, no-one is stopping Nando and his strikeforce, not even Michael Caine.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 20 Mar 2019, 12:40 pm

Probably. I'm yet to look. Not really sure I need any new players right now, with the 70 cap I'm looking to save towards the 75 cap and have a bit of a headstart.

The younger ones would have voted Remain, and the older ones would have voted Leave. At least that's the narrative you are told to believe.

Mick Foley's first book, just because it's superb and shows the sacrifices some people make to make it.

I hope so. I like seeing history made, especially at the expense of Man U fans. Lets face it, a City Quad would p*ss all over United's Treble. Trebs would also need a name change.

Probably Melon or Pineapple, as long as neither are on a Pizza. Having said that, I do like Pizza, so Tomato may well come into the discussion.

Undoubtedly The Sun. Hands down, the worst newspaper out there.

I have not, but it's on the long list of programs I should watch but haven't gotten around to watching.

Any question you like. It depends on the number sequences being used.

9. What’s the beef?
Basically there's this p£nis named Chris Wilkerson, he keeps stealing my Brexit.

10. Who wins the league?
Grimsby. Nando has a magic formula, he isn't changing it anytime soon, so I don't see anyone else picking up more points than him.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 20 Mar 2019, 12:57 pm

1. I don't look at their squads and think yeah, I want that guy. My approach to scouting is to find potential players and then see if they are in the league or not. If they happen to be playing for one of those clubs then so be it. But it's not intentional.

2. All of them. No remoaners are welcome at my club.

3. 'Books? What can you get from a book, that you can't get from a TV much faster.'

4. They have got such a ridiculous draw in the cup competitions, so yes, anything is possible.

5. Fruit Pastilles. The yellow ones.

6. The Daily Sport. Not enough Sport in there.

7. Yes - it's decent mindless TV.

8. 13.

9. The beef is that these questions have been a massive disappointment. Shape up man.

10. We have every chance of winning the league, I thought our victory against Morecambe was nothing short of heroic, coming back from two goals down. I was extremely disappointed in our strikers at half time, and was going to substitute the pair of them and bring on our David Villa lookalike. But after a huge touchline battle with Viva, I was convinced to have a bit more faith in those boys. The point is that if we show enough passion and character than we can beat anybody. And that includes the allegedly unbeatable Grimsby Town.

Oh crap I am Brendan Rodgers.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:13 pm

I am finding hard to care to ask about the league. Saying that, my line of questioning did bring out a much needed change last week. I presume all the thank yous for bringing up the Bury situation are stuck between Royal Mail and Aus Post?

But my week of finding out what I should asked resulted in some people wanting mostly League questions, some people wanting a small amount of League questions and the others wanting it mixed. So you're just gonna have to try harder to be interesting

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:14 pm

Trebs wrote:2. All of them. No remoaners are welcome at my club.

I am truly shocked. Truly

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:14 pm

Thanks Dolph Hug

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:22 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I am finding hard to care to ask about the league. Saying that, my line of questioning did bring out a much needed change last week. I presume all the thank yous for bringing up the Bury situation are stuck between Royal Mail and Aus Post?

But my week of finding out what I should asked resulted in some people wanting mostly League questions, some people wanting a small amount of League questions and the others wanting it mixed. So you're just gonna have to try harder to be interesting

You do a good job asking questions mate, we're only on the wind-up (or at least I am Wink)

One or two questions like 'which manager is most...' or thoughts on a rule etc are always appreciated. But the PCs have been really enjoyable this season

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:28 pm

Trebs wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I am finding hard to care to ask about the league. Saying that, my line of questioning did bring out a much needed change last week. I presume all the thank yous for bringing up the Bury situation are stuck between Royal Mail and Aus Post?

You do a good job asking questions mate, we're only on the wind-up (or at least I am Wink)

One or two questions like 'which manager is most...' or thoughts on a rule etc are always appreciated. But the PCs have been really enjoyable this season

I wasn't complaining, as such, I just did some right trite this week as I couldn't think of anything. I should have used a grinning face for the first point! Very Happy

But as things have been quite samey lately and it's a long time till drama heats up, I have found anything relevant somewhat difficult. I may just go back to really weird questions for a few weeks!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:30 pm

I haven't looked to be honest. I don't think there are going to be any but I will do a lil scouting trip

In Cheltenham, 56% voted for Remain so presumably that was the split. As most of my lot are from overseas, most wouldn't have given a rats arse.

The bible. We need some divine intervention

I don't think they have the patience

Stairs (reverse cockney)

I think they are all pretty grotty myself. It's been years since I read one.

Yes and was pleasantly surprised

See below

9. What’s the beef?

A whole list of things at the moment

10. Who wins the league?

Michael Van Gerwen

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Take a boo Wed 20 Mar 2019, 1:39 pm

Mayron George was high on my list when the league first started however the traits I'm looking for have since changed so he's no longer of interest. No idea who else plays for either side.

None, they're Vegans.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

No, they'll probably take the domestic cups with Liverpool winning the league and CL.

Apple tango

The Sun. A disgrace

No

What’s the beef?

9. What’s the beef?
Pastrami

10. Who wins the league?
Has to be Grimsby. Whilst we can cut the gap to 4 points if we beat them they look pretty unstoppable and don't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

Take a boo

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

There is actually, just the one but I'm not telling you bunch of vultures

None of them. Anyone voting for Brexit is far too thick to be in my squad, we value intelligence both on and off the field very highly in Lincoln. Sadly, the inbreds in the local area were 70% leave voters, its quite obvious they are all window lickers

"How To Be Right: ... in a world gone wrong" by James O'Brien.

I hope to god they win the league, they are favourites for the FA cup and the draw has opened up nicely for them in the CL. I don't think they'll win the CL, but think they will be the first side to do the domestic treble

Strawberries and Nutella are a fantastic combination. I like most tropical fruits tbh, and a cold satsuma on a hot summer's day is one of the most refreshing things you can eat

The Sun is the obvious answer, but it knows its printed by imbeciles, for imbeciles. Its the Daily Mail that gets me, dresses itself up to be a grown up newspaper, but is instead full of bile and hatred designed to whip little Englanders into a frenzy, despite the fact that half of them see a brown/black person once a month at most

Nope, and never heard of it. I only really watch TV for either box sets or sport, so am unlikely to come across something unless someone has specifically recommended it. Worth a go?

What does the number 8 most remind you of? Answer - sideways boobies

9. What’s the beef?

Beef is the culinary name for meat from cattle, particularly skeletal muscle. Humans have been eating beef since prehistoric times. Beef is a source of high-quality protein and nutrients.

Beef skeletal muscle meat can be used as is by merely cutting into certain parts roasts, short ribs or steak (filet mignon, sirloin steak, rump steak, rib steak, rib eye steak, hanger steak, etc.), while other cuts are processed (corned beef or beef jerky). Trimmings, on the other hand, are usually mixed with meat from older, leaner (therefore tougher) cattle, are ground, minced or used in sausages.

10. Who wins the league?

Prem - City
This league - Grimsby

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:10 pm

Oh, and you should all watch Taskmaster.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 21 Mar 2019, 1:56 pm

No one in particular. If they don't play for Real then they can feck off out of the league for all of eternity.

I don't delve into my players private lives so I cannot answer this.

Sun Tzu - The Art Of War
One passage before a match and one after.

They are in with a chance. They might need to pay off a couple of officials to get the job done tho.

I don't like to eat fruit but I do like a mango and apple smoothie from time to time.

They are all as bad as each other, IMHO.

No sadly. If it's for nerds it ain't for me.

9. What’s the beef?
A world without beef is a world not worth living in.

10. Who wins the league?
As Sun Tzu once famously said "The victor of the war will be the one who suffers the least deaths in their army. They must have a strong defensive force but their attack must also be deadly and show no mercy to anyone who dare stand in its way. The most bloodthirsty shall prevail and when you play a game of thrones you win or you die"
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 22 Mar 2019, 2:03 am

Pretty sure one of them bought someone I wanted, but that was before I had much idea about what worked. Which continues.

Pretty sure Cantwell, Batty, Hyam and Marquis are all scrotes.

A Life Too Short: the Tragedy of Robert Enke - essential reading for any football fan

No, Liverpool will ruin something.

Yellow melons, red grapes, granny smith apples or strawberries, I'm now allergic to the latter two.

The Sun or the Daily Mail.

It's the best British comedy programme in years.

A question of trust.

9. What’s the beef?
Angus.

10. Who wins the league?
Nando

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 22 Mar 2019, 12:05 pm

BamBam wrote:

None of them. Anyone voting for Brexit is far too thick to be in my squad, we value intelligence both on and off the field very highly in Lincoln. Sadly, the inbreds in the local area were 70% leave voters, its quite obvious they are all window lickers

Because of course everyone who supports Brexit are inbred thickos. All those that understand and voted remain are good, upstanding members

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 22 Mar 2019, 12:50 pm

Correct

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Renege Fri 22 Mar 2019, 2:08 pm

1. No idea, the striker George was on my list but that was when I had a list

2. With all being from outside UK, they all voted out to get away from a poop we backwater of a town that clearly doesn’t want them. 

3. The Lee Child books, just cause they’re easy to read and good. They don't need some self righteous author trying to better them

4. Would bet they won’t win the champions League. But then I also bet on Scotland to beat Borat, couldn’t be more humiliating.

5. Summer fruits.

6. Don’t read any so all of them. Can’t belong before they all disappear 

7. I had to google Taskmaster, realised I watched an episode recently. Good easy watch 

8. 9. Chateaubriand

10. Grimsby running away with it

Renege

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 22 Mar 2019, 2:18 pm

Renege wrote:

3. The Lee Child books, just cause they’re easy to read and good. They don't need some self righteous author trying to better them

I echo this. Also Michael Connelly for the same reason
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 22 Mar 2019, 2:36 pm

Robert Crais > Michael Connelly Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 22 Mar 2019, 2:44 pm

Robert Crais as in Miami Vice, Cagney and Lacey?

Not read any, but will take a look if you are recommending
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 22 Mar 2019, 3:41 pm

"One or two, was quite tempted by Semper early on"

"Probably the only original players in the squad and then went down to the local Wetherspoons to celebrate"

"The Barcelona Way: How to Create a High-Performance Culture"

"They will get three I reckon. The Champions League will remain elusive."

"Strawberries, when smothered in cream"

"Daily fail - closed followed by the Daily Star"

"I haven't, but have seen the ads for it. Is it worth my time?"

"Questions, 9 and 10?"

9. What’s the beef?
"Filet Mignon"

10. Who wins the league?
"Grimsby"

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 22 Mar 2019, 3:53 pm

Afro wrote:Robert Crais as in Miami Vice, Cagney and Lacey?

His books with Elvis Cole and then Joe Pike stand-alones are brilliant. Pike is a “sidekick” in the Cole books, but is like Reacher with less human emotions.

They’re excellent books, I basically now just re-read them and then the Reacher books over and over in a loop. The Monkey’s Raincoat is the first.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 22 Mar 2019, 4:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Afro wrote:Robert Crais as in Miami Vice, Cagney and Lacey?

His books with Elvis Cole and then Joe Pike stand-alones are brilliant. Pike is a “sidekick” in the Cole books, but is like Reacher with less human emotions.

They’re excellent books, I basically now just re-read them and then the Reacher books over and over in a loop. The Monkey’s Raincoat is the first.

Thanks. Waiting for the next Harry Bosch and Reacher ones to come out, so will pick these up and give them a try. Also like the Peter James Roy Grace ones
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Mar 2019, 11:50 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. Are there any players you’d want from Bury and/or Newport? Nah maybe in a month or so for squad back ups

2. Which of your players voted for Brexit? Davis and Fox clearly

3. What book is your recommended reading to your players? Pretty much anything i can get a taped version by Stephen Fry so the footballers believe its a rap demo

4. Will Manchester City win the quadruple? negative their gunna choke the league

5. What fruit tastes the best? Orange winter or summer they still delicious

6. What is the worst newspaper? The Telegraph and the one for Brexiteer nonces like Hero.

7. Have you watched Taskmaster? Yes it's excellent dependent on who is on the show. I still laugh at Joe Wilkinson throwing his potato and having his dreams crushed.

8. What question comes after number 8? Don't care ive come now im going to sleep, Goodnight dear.

9. What’s the beef? Azzy's moms vag

10. Who wins the league? Forest Green cos ill bottle it like a Derby Promotion bid

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down